The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

2 DAYS to go! Can't wait to see the new Hish Aelves!

What types of units and characters do you want to see in this new glorious factions?

Cavalry, swordsmen, dragons, eagles, chariots, wizards and leaders.

I hope I'm not too specific... :) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

What types of units and characters do you want to see in this new glorious factions?

What I want to see:

Dragon of some sort. 

Infantry unit similar to swordmasters. 

Maybe a nice wizard with high movement I could ally into idoneth. 

What I don't want:

Annoying scenery piece that is hard to transport. 

Models which break easily. 

Cool models with bad rules that never get played. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

What I want to see:

Dragon of some sort. 

Infantry unit similar to swordmasters. 

Maybe a nice wizard with high movement I could ally into idoneth. 

What I don't want:

Also I want an elite Greek-ish Phalanx for Battleline troops ❤️
A Dragon is a must (WHY do Idoneth not get some kind of ultra-artistic Sea-Dragon thing?)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

First of all: Id like to see something unique to the Mortal Realms, not just a revival of the old models/look. I always prefered the completly new stuff to updated models (Fyreslayers, Kharadrons, Idoneth, the new Daughters stuff).

Now coming to units:

Id like to see a mixed close combat/missile unit as basic battleline option (showing off Aelf skill by mastering multiple weapons)

Flying heavy cav. Decorated knights (keeping with the Hysh aesthetic) riding flying feathered beasts (eagle-adjacent maybe?)

A unit of mages (its Teclis army afterall)

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Whitefang said:

White Lions, Dragons, cav, swordmaster-esk infantry, Loremaster-esk hero/pretty decent wizard of some kind and even though I don't think it'll happen because of lore reasons Tyrion. Actually looking at what I've written I think I just want Eldritch Council back but with a bunch of cool new units to flesh them out more.

3 hours ago, HollowHills said:

What I don't want:

1. Probably will happen

2. Hopefully not many models use those annoying GW flying stands

3. there always a Lothann, Vokmortan, and Gobblapalooza in every release

57 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

The Loonboss on Giant Squig and Ogor Tyrant are both out of stock and no longer available on the US store. Are we finally going to be seeing box set heroes released on their own?

This would actually be the best reveal from LVO. All the box set heroes available for sale.

• Like 2

Both excited and terrified. I am supposed to clear my backlog. I told myself as a reward I would start "High Elves" or "Vampire Counts" as an homage to my first two armies in 5th.

Do I have the strength to both clear the backlog and not jump at the first shiny reveal?

• Like 1

It sounds like some people are expecting a full reveal at LVO, that sounds a bit to optimistic right? 

What I want from Hysh elves is something I can’t easily come up with myself and has the same feel of the elves I fell in love with when I started the hobby. I want the range to have the same quality and fun details like the new Sisters of Battle. Also lots of cloth, I love painting capes😊 

I wonder if GW remembers the spirit of Caledor was eaten by Slaanesh too (at the same time as Morathi).

oh and I’d like the lore to clearify the buiseness with Lileath and her haven from end times. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, elfhead said:

It sounds like some people are expecting a full reveal at LVO, that sounds a bit to optimistic right? 

What I want from Hysh elves is something I can’t easily come up with myself and has the same feel of the elves I fell in love with when I started the hobby. I want the range to have the same quality and fun details like the new Sisters of Battle. Also lots of cloth, I love painting capes😊 

I wonder if GW remembers the spirit of Caledor was eaten by Slaanesh too (at the same time as Morathi).

oh and I’d like the lore to clearify the buiseness with Lileath and her haven from end times. 

Well about the "full reveal", the Teclis and the LVO articles on WarCom seems to imply the reveal will be "Pointy AelveS", so there is hope ! ...

And about Lileath and the Haven : as pointed-out here by @3nondatur, GW said recently (in January 2019), when asked about it on Facebook, that "all was not revealed yet", pic related :

1054682979_LightAelfLileathPlan.png.f1f0f6985e90b15e692785a3ffaa7525.png

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 5

57 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Well about the "full reveal", the Teclis and the LVO articles on WarCom seems to imply the reveal will be "Pointy AelveS", so there is hope ! ...

And about Lileath and the Haven : as pointed-out here by @3nondatur, GW said recently (in January 2019), when asked about it on Facebook, that "all was not revealed yet", pic related :

1054682979_LightAelfLileathPlan.png.f1f0f6985e90b15e692785a3ffaa7525.png

The only thing they need to reveal is a new faction of Narnia Brets.

Pointy elves will be bad. Firstly they're elves...

Secondly all the old pointy elf players of old will resurface and bring their sun-blotting clouds of smug with them at just how magnificently superbly efficient at all things their army is.

This is probably why the Imperial knight giants  faction will be a thing, so it can see above the massive cloud of smug that the pointy elves will bring with them.

And to make matters worse they've given the bloke a big hat... oh yes... a massive massive hat.

The aesthetic will be a blend of daughters and idoneth with sprinkles I reckon.

The realm of shadows will have nothing  that cloud, you mark my words beardlings.

Anyway... narnia brets.... come on GW... jog on and make them a thing....

And nothing to do with the watery elf tart who sold them down the river the first time around thank you very much...

Edited by Kaleb Daark
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Kaleb Daark said:

The only thing they need to reveal is a new faction of Narnia Brets.

Pointy elves will be bad. Firstly they're elves...

Secondly all the old pointy elf players of old will resurface and bring their sun-blotting clouds of smug with them at just how magnificently superbly efficient at all things their army is.

This is probably why the Imperial knight giants  faction will be a thing, so it can see above the massive cloud of smug that the pointy elves will bring with them.

And to make matters worse they've given the bloke a big hat... oh yes... a massive massive hat.

The aesthetic will be a blend of daughters and idoneth with sprinkles I reckon.

The realm of shadows will have nothing  that cloud, you mark my words beardlings.

Anyway... narnia brets.... come on GW... jog on and make them a thing....

And nothing to do with the watery elf tart who sold them down the river the first time around thank you very much...

It would really make my day if you would give us a thorough definition of Narnia Brets? Brettonians with talking animals?

• Haha 2

nah the Brets will actually be reimagined as the talking animals.

ermine clad badger lords, longbow wielding rabbits, foxy damsels in distress, frog skirmishers and of course the most iconic of units heavily armoured snail knights... etc etc. 

they actually sneaked out some of the models earlier hidden in plain sight, here for example is Sir Nutsalot riding his trusty hoblox steed.

Blood-Bowl-The-Greenfield-Grasshuggers-1x-Hopeful-D.jpg

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 9
  • LOVE IT! 1

3 hours ago, elfhead said:

I think it could be full reveal like DoK (they were revealed at LVO) but it depends on release schedule. I think they want to release one more army in Q1, otherwise it could be another tease and full reveal at Adepticon for April release. 

1 hour ago, DantePQ said:

I think it could be full reveal like DoK (they were revealed at LVO) but it depends on release schedule. I think they want to release one more army in Q1, otherwise it could be another tease and full reveal at Adepticon for April release. 

DoK was only 3 new kits though (and we only got a tease of Morathi’s snake form). I’d hope for more than that here. I could see it being like the OBR one, Teclis, some core units and something flashy now, with the rest shown later. 

Edited by Still-young