The Rumour Thread

That design would not be out of place in WHFB. 

I think that means we're going to see more of an 'update' of the old High Elf models akin to the new Warriors of Chaos, rather than a major new re-design which just calls back to it. Would certainly explain why so much of their stuff in CoS got squatted.

Didn't expect this before LVO.  It's a big headdress but the Moon Staff and his sword are pretty clearly updates to his old ones. They look more proportional too, thank you modern sculpting.

Overall, looking at the armour, it's surprising how traditionally Ulthuan-style his clothes are. I know GW said they were going that way but that might as well be the apparel of a High Elf champion. If anything it's less ornate than old Teclis. Will be interesting to see how much that comes through on the rest of the range.

12 minutes ago, Beastmaster said:

Discount WoW Night Elves, anyone?

Oh, sorry. Aelves. 😄

That's what I thought too!  Watch, they're gonna worship the moon and everything now :D

For real though, that design looks sweet!  And it's not really Night Elves (armor design is pretty distinct and mostly looks like a throwback to High Elves in Warhammer), but I'm going to love all the memes that will inevitably draw comparisons.  Comments will be popcorn worthy for sure!

13 minutes ago, willange said:

That's what I thought too!  Watch, they're gonna worship the moon and everything now :D

For real though, that design looks sweet!  And it's not really Night Elves (armor design is pretty distinct and mostly looks like a throwback to High Elves in Warhammer), but I'm going to love all the memes that will inevitably draw comparisons.  Comments will be popcorn worthy for sure!

Elves in Warhammer have always worshipped a moon god. Og Teclis had a crescent moon on his hat, and a lot of shields and trinkets on both the dark elves and high elves depict moons as well.

• Thanks 2

I hope we'll get a lot more of these previews, like with the sisters of battle. I really enjoy seeing the 3D renders. 

The high elves were my first love when I started warhammer almost 20 years ago, and I still love them. When Age of Sigmar dropped I decided I wouldn invest to much in a new army until the light elves would be released. I was fearfull that they would dissapoint when they finally dropped, but this preview and the artwork looks amazing! the artwork still has all the appeal of the original high elves.

I am wondering about the glowing discs on teclis and also about his staff. It seems like he is still wielding the staff of Lileath... So what about her?  Iḿ planning on really enjoying all the snippets of info until the actual release.

• LOVE IT! 2

Just now, HollowHills said:

I hope this doesn't mean idoneth are getting abandoned. If the narrative is just "Teclis fixed elves these guys are perfect" it will be a real shame. 

On the other hand, if the Teclis Aelves are getting the classic revised High Elf Look, it leaves creative room to go more in the Cthulhu Sea Monsters direction with upcoming Idoneth kits 😍

3 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I hope this doesn't mean idoneth are getting abandoned. If the narrative is just "Teclis fixed elves these guys are perfect" it will be a real shame. 

I really don't think so. I think with 2.0 battletomes GW has committed itself to supporting those armies. The only ones that "might" vanish could be something like Legions of Nagash where I'd expect it to just vanish into a "Grand Alliance Death" force. Though I'd actually say legions are superior as you get to have flavour from all the armies of death, but with its own balance and also with limitations on what can and can't be taken. Rather than proper GA armies where its everything and can run the risk of higher imbalance. 

If anything I'd expect armies like Idoneth to get more releases to bulk them up. Sometimes a small army isn't as interesting because its tactics and model offerings aren't as diverse. I know I had no interest in Genestealer cults when they were first released - now if I got my Tyranids going again I'd certainly want the stealers

• Like 2