The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, Myrdin said:

One of my local retailers was talking about a pure Gargant army being released. Battletome and everything.

According to him the Gargants in general will be much much beefier. Think Imperial Knights in 40K beefy. Where you would essentially field an army of few models, that equals in power and points value the army of your opponent.

I personally didnt really give this much credit but.....

Asgard Elves...... vs Jotunheim styled Giants suddenly seems much more reasonable than it did before.

The local retailers where I am all say the same: They are kept in the dark until stuff is officially released. In fact us customers usually know about new stuff in advance of them due to fansites like this where leaks will occasionally happen. 

A new ogre beast doesn't seem impossible. Besides the looted shield, those pyramidal studs are very ogre-ish. They appear on the old tyrants and elsewhere. It's definitely destruction though and a gutplate for a huge new gargant also seems plausible.

...or.... or it could be heavy scrap armour for the bulging, uneven hull of a Grotbag Scuttler airship. I want to believe.

• Like 1

I’d guess Gargant.

But it could still be ironjawz faction. There’s all the lore out there about Gordraak making a battering ram from the skull of a god-beast to get into Sigmars realm. In those stories Gordraak uses gargants as pure muscle. Could all the hype about something “big” be a battering ram set piece manned by gargants? Perhaps in a box orruk warclans vs whomever defends the gates (Cities of Sigmar, stormcast, Hysh aelves, etc?

• Like 1

Hmm.. does it have to be an army of “giants” I.e. Gargants? Or could it be an army of large or giant sized miniatures. How big were Firmirs?  What about a gargant/troggoth mixed force? Formorians? There’s a lot of options out there for a brand new giant-sized army. 

1 hour ago, Scurvydog said:

It looks like a gutplate for a gargant considering the size of the skulls. It looks to piecemeal and shoddy even by Ogor standard (despite it all).

It also does not really fit with Ironjawz either, so the gargant rumor and other large strange objects in the rumor engine lately seems to fit this.

if they're dwarf skulls it could be an Ironjaws hero shield? Since dwarves are tiny compared to brutes

This screams giants to me, especially when combined with a bunch of other recent rumour engines showing big, ramshackle bits. Hoping the 'AOS version of Knights' rumours are true, I think that's a super fun idea, especially if they can be taken by every faction. Maybe mercenary giants, or like the current giant kit there could be bits to customise them for each faction. 

• Like 2

Thats a very big destruction shield, if its orruks, then it would be a huge orruk. Ogors would work and even then pretty damn big, I’m going to set myself up for a huge dissapointment and say Gargants, along with the big caber. 

Edited by Kronos

Hi there,

First of all thanks for the exchanges, I’m learning a lot from you guys!

Reading your comments about rumors and upcoming AoS updates, just a couple of thoughts from a recent player. I dived into AoS a year ago with my two sons, starting from scratch, and we really invested into it (with all the meanings of the term…).

We love the game … but…

1. discovering little by little that the army in which you put some much love and hope (and money) is just ****** on the competitive stage can be a salty experience. I read here and there that before choosing an army you can just get informed but 1- it’s not that easy for beginners who need time to understand how the game plays and 2- imo armies go up and down on the power curve way too fast - factions that were considered as competitive one year ago are now just average in the meta

2. I do not understand the GW power creep. One of my son is playing OBR and yes they are OP! Maybe not for good players who can afford to permanently change their faction to follow the meta. But take my other son who plays SCE - even on a non-competitive basis the gap is so big that it sometimes simply kills the game. I appreciate that GW needs sales but at the end of day, at least as far as I am concerned, this is a deterrent and they miss their target. I am not willing to invest into a full army of models which will be out of the game two months after I finished painting them. I would probably buy more if things were a little bit more subtle

3. please GW, would it be possible to have all the rules, FAQ, points and (let’s dream) faction warscrolls in ONE place?… I am prepared to pay a subscription fee to have it all in an app, or to pay a reasonable amount on demand for each update. Right now I am not psychologically prepared to pay for a book sold with other stuff that I am not interest in (Forbidden Power…) just to get a couple of pages I would need, and which will anyway be obsolete in a couple of months. With an app and a subscription I would probably spend (even  J) more, GW would be happy and life would be much simpler!

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

1 hour ago, Myrdin said:

One of my local retailers was talking about a pure Gargant army being released. Battletome and everything.

According to him the Gargants in general will be much much beefier. Think Imperial Knights in 40K beefy. Where you would essentially field an army of few models, that equals in power and points value the army of your opponent.

I personally didnt really give this much credit but.....

Asgard Elves...... vs Jotunheim styled Giants suddenly seems much more reasonable than it did before.

This sounds awesome! I would love to see this. Hopefully we will get some rumours about it soon 

Has there been any hint that we’re getting a gargant army, as opposed to a single gargant mercenary model or something? I know the community page alluded to something “big” coming in the near future, but an entire gargant army seems  out of place. Especially in the current meta where hordes, board control, and action economy play such an important role.