The Rumour Thread

As predicted GWs lowest selling army continues to be its lowest selling army. Kharadron overlords I think are finished as a faction after this. I've seen the stats and they have been rejected by the fan base like no other faction has before. Too futuristic I reckon but dwarves were never the biggest selling faction in the old days either. Should have been a 40k army for sure. 

• Haha 9
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

As predicted GWs lowest selling army continues to be its lowest selling army. Kharadron overlords I think are finished as a faction after this. I've seen the stats and they have been rejected by the fan base like no other faction has before. Too futuristic I reckon but dwarves were never the biggest selling faction in the old days either. Should have been a 40k army for sure. 

Maybe because they were considered weak and prohibitively expensive. Concept is fine I think.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

You’ve seen the stats for the sales of an army where the new book isn’t even up for preorder in half the world yet? Sure. 

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

Every other battlebox release last year sold out within an hour. I hardly think it likely GW just over produced this particular battle box out of all the others. The tzeentch side is also very lacking in interesting options but tzeentch far outsells KO. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

All your posts hate on AoS armies, just go play 9th Age. Loads of people like KO, they just suffered from terrible rules for quite a long time. 

• Like 16

6 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

Every other battlebox release last year sold out within an hour. I hardly think it likely GW just over produced this particular battle box out of all the others. The tzeentch side is also very lacking in interesting options but tzeentch far outsells KO. 

Or is it possible that they've learned from selling out and increased supply to meet demand? 

No, no, you're right KO are finished and there's not loads of ppl jumping on the KO ship this morning 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

That really isn’t ‘seeing the stats’ when we don’t know the most important stat, which is how many of each was made. 

Every other battlebox sold out? No they didn't - Wrath and Rapture is STILL up for sale and not even Last Chance. 

Anyway onto better things this is all good news in my view! The new expansion book sounds very interesting both from a lore and from a rules point of view. It's actually quite a nice, almost end (I say almost as I still hold out hope for a soonish Vampire army for Death) to the Chaos VS Death arc of the story. Leaving a nice bit of space to potentially move onto GW focusing on Destruction as a Grand Alliance. 

The new Chaos army rules MIGHT work in regular matched play or they might be expansion only battle armies. Much like the Siege rules are going to bolt onto the side of the game as well. Though it would seem odd that GW is going to release a Siege set of rules when they don't actually sell any walls of their own (not that they have to make them to make it work, it just seems a touch odd for GW to push a new mode of play in this day and age without pushing the tools within their own system). 

The new frostsabre is utterly awesome and puts the original models to shame! Really hope GW can rework the old ones one day and make them look as fantastic as that new one. I'd also say that with the way Ogors work and with their army design their Underworld Warband will probably fit into their army the best of most - a bunch of leader-like-elites is going to fit nicely into an otherwise pretty elite army and feel pretty thematic with rest of the army. 

Overall a solid release of good news. 

(also I kinda want a Sisters of Battle army even more now......)

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

Or is it possible that they've learned from selling out and increased supply to meet demand? 

No, no, you're right KO are finished and there's not loads of ppl jumping on the KO ship this morning 

I know loads of people who love the theme, me included. More than anything else it's the requirement of multiple big vehicles and the painting and transportation thereof which is the main barrier to entry

43 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

The fact dwarves never been a huge faction in the past was already an issue, but I do have a few friends whom are absolutely crazy about dwarves and love the LotR-esque approach similar to what the old world used to have, but at the same time absolutely reject KO and Fireslayers. One being too futuristic, the other too 'barbaric'. I personally quite like that GW gave a new spin on old fantasy elements and modernised it to a steam punk quality, but I guess that a lot of people seem to want something that is more familiar to the childhood stories they grew up with.

Sometimes I feel like Games Workshop is trying to reinvent the wheel by trying to push out ideas nobody has explored before just for the sake of being original and being able to copyright it, but then completely missing the mark.

• Like 1

Just a point but Dwarves in the Old World had pretty much all the KO technology accessible to them. aether engines weren't around, but the capacity to build very large war aircraft was very much a thing. The old Man O War even had its own turret armed zepplin and one features as a key part in several Gotrek and Felix adventures. 

So its not so much that GW is re-inventing the wheel here; but more that they are putting into models something that had always been part of the ancient Dwarven lore that just wasn't a part of the Old World game setting in its timeline. 

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Overread said:

Just a point but Dwarves in the Old World had pretty much all the KO technology accessible to them. aether engines weren't around, but the capacity to build very large war aircraft was very much a thing. The old Man O War even had its own turret armed zepplin and one features as a key part in several Gotrek and Felix adventures. 

So its not so much that GW is re-inventing the wheel here; but more that they are putting into models something that had always been part of the ancient Dwarven lore that just wasn't a part of the Old World game setting in its timeline. 

🤨

Thunderbarge_8th_Edition.png.9a55243e867e3487735011df7d31e041.pngKO-battleship.jpg.6384d74743532ae7c4ac713dfd1ed2aa.jpg

Wright brothers /= Apollo 1

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I'm confident that KO will get a christmass battleforce this year.

I ordered 3 aether wars box will resell 1+1 heros (or even 1+2 or 2+2 heros). That makes a superb starting point for KO (I already own a bunch of things for DoT).

For KO, I just have to get a SC few heros one big ship and eventually some battleline (I'll see the tome for that). KO for cheap! (or is it KO for Ship?)

I'm pretty sure icegoat is a troll account. They always spout utter nonsense. The sylvaneth and Skaven boxes sold out in the first day not the first hour. They were both cheaper than this set with more models. 

Gw publicly acknowledged that Ko sold well initially. Since then they have been hampered both by their own rules and the changes to the core rules. They finally got a start collecting box but it didn't include their only battline unit. This battlebox contains almost the same contents as that box and until now competitive Ko lists didn't even contain one gunhauler. 

Fortunately the new book looks much better. 

I love KO and Tzeentch but I'm not going to buy the box as aside from the heroes it doesn't contain anything I don't already have several of. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Indeed.

Don't expect anything more than a teaser for a Battletome / Supplement alongside the Underworld Ogor Hunter team. 

We should get something about Seraphon / Gargants / Hysh Aelves / maybe a Siege supplement in 2020 at least (but don't expect it today!)

And don't forget we have the Las Vegas Open from January 24th to 26th.

And then Adepticon from March 25th to 29th.  It will be the "biggest Warhammer Preview ever" as an article on WarCom said, because they increased the seats number.

The only thing I find odd, is that every preview they host at Warhammer World is so bland... 

Everytime a new major reveal is done, it is i at an external place, not in the glorious walls of Notthingham :(.

Anyway, I hope the book teased will contain interesting fluff tidbits, who knows, maybe Nagash won't have his butt kicked this time 😛

• Sad 1

Something just occurred to me about that Wrath of the Everchosen cover. Archaon on foot?

Might be we see an option for that, as well as a 'new' model, especially since the art is almost identical to the old Games Day model from Storm of Chaos (of him on foot that is).

Screenshot_20200104-073122__01.jpggd2004ArchaonF.jpg

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 3

13 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

@Clan's Cynic you are not living up to your username these days. Please stop being so hopeful and go bemoan GW discontinuing 20 year old Dwarf sets. 😜

I'm saving it up until Dispossessed are squat'ed for Battletome: Khazaz-Pozzessed inevitably comes out.

That and The Old World announcement has made me a bit less bitter. A bit. 

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Something just occurred to me about that Wrath of the Everchosen cover. Archaon on foot?

Might be we see an option for that, as well as a 'new' model, especially since the art is almost identical to the old Games Day model from Storm of Chaos (of him on foot that is).

Screenshot_20200104-073122__01.jpggd2004ArchaonF.jpg

Considering his mount is to the right of him in the background, I think you are Reading too much into the art. ;)