Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, Sabotage! said:

Eh, we have a rumor engine from August that belongs to them, they have been teased since August in the Warcry core rulebook and we are almost certainly getting Spire Tyrants in January. I'm thinking Scions will most likely be a Q1 release.....likely March. I imagine the original plan was to release them and the Spire Tyrants at the same time but production complications or manufacturing capability slowed them down.

My guess is that they will be in the next Warcry starter set. So not soon-ish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I kindof assume that the next warcry starter set is still a long way out and also, will feature 8 brand new warbands rather than the spire tyrants 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe the next warcry is not set for chaos warbands and ir open to other realms... 

  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Maybe the next warcry is not set for chaos warbands and ir open to other realms... 

I think this is probably what will happen. The design team originally said that there would be later Warcraft boxes focused on non-Chaos factions when a large portion of the community complained about the game being Chaos only. Enough people complained about it that GW rushed some factions out the door so people could use non-Chaos stuff, but I don’t think that was their original plan. I think each version of Warcry was supposed to focus on a different conflict, and not all of them were supposed to be set in the eightpoints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sabotage! said:

I think this is probably what will happen. The design team originally said that there would be later Warcraft boxes focused on non-Chaos factions when a large portion of the community complained about the game being Chaos only. Enough people complained about it that GW rushed some factions out the door so people could use non-Chaos stuff, but I don’t think that was their original plan. I think each version of Warcry was supposed to focus on a different conflict, and not all of them were supposed to be set in the eightpoints.

I agree. As much as the concept of Warcry is Chaos focused, I can't imagine GW putting out three years of new Chaos Warbands/supplements for it.  Makes a lot more sense to round out the 8 Points with the next two Chaos Factions/Monsters and then announce a new starter box/scenario with a different location and focus.

Edited by madmac

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, madmac said:

I agree. As much as the concept of Warcry is Chaos focused, I can't imagine GW putting out three years of new Chaos Warbands/supplements for it.  Makes a lot more sense to round out the 8 Points with the next two Chaos Factions/Monsters and then announce a new starter box/sense with a different location and focus.

I think GW saw how far they could drag out the Kill Team releases and are seeing if they can do it even more with WarCry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The release schedule for 2020 (and possibly 2021)  is set in stone already and would have been for quite a while so when the scions come out have been determined long ago.

Just from a logistic point of view they need to know when to distribute items worldwide, production schedule and so forth.

 

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

The release schedule for 2020 (and possibly 2021)  is set in stone already and would have been for quite a while so when the scions come out have been determined long ago.

Just from a logistic point of view they need to know when to distribute items worldwide, production schedule and so forth.

 

In a perfect world yes, but very few companies can keep perfect production schedule due to a large variety of reasons, often outside of their control (shipping, supplies, etc). That’s why most companies have release dates of Q1 2020 or Summer 2020 until they are very close to the release date and they have everything they can possibly control in place. That all said, GW probably has a rough date in place for the Scions.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumour has it that the new Tzeentch vs. KO box and the new battletomes will be up for preorder on 4/1. If that's correct, we'll see them as soon as this Sunday on the "Next Week" article.

Edited by Raviv
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Raviv said:

Rumour has it that the new Tzeentch vs. KO box and the new battletomes will be up for preorder on 4/1. If that's correct, we'll see them as soon as this Sunday on the "Next Week" article.

Wouldn't surprise me at all, my wallet is ready!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Wouldn't surprise me at all, my wallet is ready!!!

Mine is decidedly not! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Raviv said:

Rumour has it that the new Tzeentch vs. KO box and the new battletomes will be up for preorder on 4/1. If that's correct, we'll see them as soon as this Sunday on the "Next Week" article.

The article did have this line:
 

Quote

Expect to see more on these in the next few days (just as planned).

So, based off that and the announcement-preorder time for some of the Primaris. Preorder on the 01/04 plausible.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New army 2020. What you guys will you start in 2020? For me, my brain yells "go back to your pile of shame!" but my heart sings " more plastic more plastic!" . I think that I'll stick to ONE armys (from my PoS - Pile of Shame) and try to make it to completion. Probably LoN...or Tzaangors, or StD....or FEC or Ogors....fock, can't decide.🤪

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

New army 2020. What you guys will you start in 2020? For me, my brain yells "go back to your pile of shame!" but my heart sings " more plastic more plastic!" . I think that I'll stick to ONE armys (from my PoS - Pile of Shame) and try to make it to completion. Probably LoN...or Tzaangors, or StD....or FEC or Ogors....fock, can't decide.🤪

For me, it's a foray into Kharadron Overlords (to round out my TE army), and a smattering of other models to pester my d&d party (possibly somewhat Tzeenchy, though I think the battlebox will be overpriced for my taste).

Edited by zilberfrid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only if GW blows me away with dark/light aelves. Otherwise 2020 has tobe the year of NO new armies and instead finishing and painting armies for me!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2020 is going to be the year I demonstrate to myself that I can accomplish something and get this limited Chaos Undivided army built and painted in a slow-grow way, in 100% complete stages before anything gets added. I will not grow my shame pile. I will not. 

I might a little bit.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

New army 2020. What you guys will you start in 2020? For me, my brain yells "go back to your pile of shame!" but my heart sings " more plastic more plastic!" . I think that I'll stick to ONE armys (from my PoS - Pile of Shame) and try to make it to completion. Probably LoN...or Tzaangors, or StD....or FEC or Ogors....fock, can't decide.🤪

I've managed to get most of my armies finished this year, as long as we don't talk about basing. I expect I'll spend maybe a month updating my KO army with the new boxset and then whatever Seraphon brings.

After that I just have my larval CoS army to work on, and honestly that army quickly becomes a placeholder in the event Light Aelves and/or Kurnothi get unvealed, so I await new army announcements in 2020 with great anticipation.

Mind you I'm just about at capacity for new armies anyway, I have no delusions that I'll be able to resist shiny new aelves unless I really dislike the models for some reason, but space is becoming a premium.  I may end up selling off my Stormcast regardless, but we'll see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No new armies. I've just started Tyranids this year, and have lots of Ghosts, Elves and Goblins still to paint. Plus its about time my hobby focus swung back to Lord of the Rings, after a couple of years of being heavily into AoS, and mildly into 40K. What I might do though is try to complete a couple of collections, where I'm just one or two models away from having everything.

The 2020 schedule will be the big deciding factor though. If it is mostly rolling updates like the Psychic stuff then I probably won't be too tempted, if there end up being a big model release for an army I collect then that might change things, particularly if I've just finished the collection, and then they bring out new stuff!

 

It feels like we don't really have much of a solid idea of what is coming next. Whatever happens I'd expect a fair bit of stuff to appear out of the blue, unexpectedly

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Overread said:

Only if GW blows me away with dark/light aelves. Otherwise 2020 has tobe the year of NO new armies and instead finishing and painting armies for me!

Who are you trying to convince - us or yourself? 😉

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

him self to buy new army since  malekiths boys gonna be the major event needed to balance the scales in sigmars flavor as malekith gonna  be countering night haunt so golden boys can counter bone rippers for hysh siege event.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, mikethefish said:

Who are you trying to convince - us or yourself? 😉

All I have to do is avoid Sisters of Battle and Eldar and Necrons AND whatever AoS force GW throws at me

 

 

I can do it..... I can!!!!!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Overread said:

All I have to do is avoid Sisters of Battle and Eldar and Necrons AND whatever AoS force GW throws at me

 

 

I can do it..... I can!!!!!! 

I believe in you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't wait for Malerion Aelves but I doubt they're coming anytime soon. So I think will start Light Aelves anytime the are released. 

Finished big Bonereapers army to go along with my DoK and Deepkin, and already got myself two Sisters of Battle Boxes so surely will buy minimum 3000 points army  of them. 

But please give me Malerion Aelves now ! 

  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...