The Rumour Thread

12 minutes ago, Shearl said:

Like always, it is probably best to temper your expectations. This thread has seen many raise their expectations for reveals, only to be greatly disappointed.  

Indeed.

Don't expect anything more than a teaser for a Battletome / Supplement alongside the Underworld Ogor Hunter team. 

We should get something about Seraphon / Gargants / Hysh Aelves / maybe a Siege supplement in 2020 at least (but don't expect it today!)

And don't forget we have the Las Vegas Open from January 24th to 26th.

And then Adepticon from March 25th to 29th.  It will be the "biggest Warhammer Preview ever" as an article on WarCom said, because they increased the seats number.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Indeed.

Don't expect anything more than a teaser for a Battletome / Supplement alongside the Underworld Ogor Hunter team. 

We should get something about Seraphon / Gargants / Hysh Aelves / maybe a Siege supplement in 2020 at least (but don't expect it today!)

And don't forget we have the Las Vegas Open from January 24th to 26th.

And then Adepticon from March 25th to 29th.  It will be the "biggest Warhammer Preview ever" as an article on WarCom said, because they increased the seats number.

This ended up spot on haha.

• Haha 1

As someone who owns no Chaos or Death I can safely skip that supplement.

Ogor Warband is even better looking than I expected, definitely grabbing that.

So schedule wise, it looks like Ko/Tzeentch stuff on pre-order today, Sisters next week, and Warcry stuff probably either the 18th or the 25th.  Chaos vs Death supplement in early Feb, probably.

Goh, I recently bought the Slaves to Darkness Battletome and I really don't think it needed more rules or abilities. Hopefully the supplement will be accompanied by seperate boxes of Warriors and knights. Love the start collecting box, but more variaty / options for those new warriors would be great.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Beliman said:

Do we know if the armies in that type of suplements are going to be 100% legal in matched play?

Can't see any reason GW would say they weren't, though if they fall on enhanced side of "enhanced with new options" a few TOs may kick off.

I always loved the Storm of Chaos armies and I hope they continue with that.

You obviously never played against the Slayer army (and this is speaking as a dwarf player 😖)

1 minute ago, Double Misfire said:

Can't see any reason GW would say they weren't, though if they fall on enhanced side of "enhanced with new options" a few TOs may kick off.

You obviously never played against the Slayer army (and this is speaking as a dwarf player 😖)

Never.
My main army for 6 edition is based on Grimgor Waaagh but I already bought 2 boxes and 2 heroes of Dwarf berzerks (Avatars of War) so maybe I will start a new project!!! Hope to see those armies in The Old World btw (with new slayers)!!

17 minutes ago, Chikout said:

The new supplement is very interesting. Really curious to see where it takes things.

And as @HollowHills pointed out, leaves things open the Gordrakk vs Excelsis story arc !

Hopefully we'll see things like maps and rules for playing in the Eightpoints landscapes (like in Soul Wars : Forbidden Power, with the Underworld of Styggx and Lethis). I really like those narrative supplement, and as a big Warcry and StD fan, I'm very happy to see EVEN more background and rules for the Eightpoints and the Varanspire. 

Also, that cover. Oh my Dark Gods, it's excellent (maybe that would explain why the StD book was kind of short on new materials...... ;) ).

Finally, those Ogor Hunter & Co are great, would fit fine in Ghur and in the Old Word (east). 

• Like 4

My wallet is (half) happy: no big reveal, but I just need the 3 chaos guys (love them, love the rock launcher buddy: if the rules are or, need 2 as catapulters!), and I really like the sista decor. I just preordered my aether war boxes. So, I'm officially starting KO (pile of shame) army.

I can't say I'm impressed that Slaves to Darkness JUST came out and already there's additional rules that you need to fork over for. It reminds me of how video games these days will shave off content just to sell it back to you later as DLC. If it just turns out to be for the older Battletomes (Maggotkin, Blades, etc) then it won't be so bad, but judging by Psychic Awakening I won't hold my breath.

Looks like those theories about siege rules were correct though.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, xking said:

So age of Sigmar will now be getting its own psychic Awakening supplements. That's basically what I'm getting from this.

What makes you think that ??

We only got 1 Soul wars supplement per year until now.

Malign Sorcery 2019 (in a way), Forbidden Power 2019, Wrath of the Everchosen 2020. 

Maybe a "Fall of Excelsis" book is coming too this year, but with Seraphon, Gargant and Hysh Aelves the year looks like more new armies (as hinted at by @Whitefang recently) than "1 Month / 1 Supplement And No Codex" style 40k is currently getting. 

3 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

What makes you think that ??

personally I dont think it will be an exact 1-to-1 match, but close enough that the comparison at least holds up as a useful shorthand.

I would not be at all surprised if there were at least 2 or 3 books like this released this year, it's just happening a lot sooner than I expected and kicking off with 2 factions I assumed would be left alone for a bit.

but it makes sense to me, drives the narrative forward and keep the game fresh, allows them to do mini-updates of factions that might have been left behind as the 2.0 tomes have been rolled out (hence my surprise kicking off with this one), test out some new rules and do small releases of new models/terrain/spells where needed tied to each book.

44 minutes ago, xking said:

So age of Sigmar will now be getting its own psychic Awakening supplements. That's basically what I'm getting from this.

Used to get stuff like this all the time when I started out with Warhammer, nice way to add more value to your collection and change things up.

I had a feeling last year we won't get a new "classic" aelf faction until the next edition and I maintain that with this release. Pretty sure they wont turn up until Nagash and Archaon are out of the spotlight. I'm betting that Slaanesh gets free and then the aelves turn up in that "chapter".