Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, MitGas said:

Well, they'll release him in a few months for sure by himself.

Tell that to the skaven bombardier, arch revenant and other box set heroes. Its been almost 11months for the skaven and FEC, 6 for Sylvaneth. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Laststand said:

Tell that to the skaven bombardier, arch revenant and other box set heroes. Its been almost 11months for the skaven and FEC, 6 for Sylvaneth. 

I think we've already beat him with this deadhorse enough at this point haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like a cool box, but since my chances of actually getting one are so low I'm not going to get excited about it. I got lucky with looncurse, but although I love the Kharadrons, i reckon I'll just have to wait for the new hero.

I do wonder though whether they might have held off releasing the heros separately because there were still more to come. If this dual box marks the end of the update cycle, then we might see them all in due course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolute balls, I was just about to order the Plague Ogres and some fimir after new year. Quite upset by this. Well at least they made space for the real good quality stuff.

 

 

EC3AB857-E8EE-4ABF-BE2D-AB632E0D8270.jpeg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Urgh it's a damn shame isn't it. Guttered to have missed out on the Fimir. 

So, the New Year Open Day, what does everyone think.

40k: Next PA book teaser

AoS: Next army teaser

WarCry: Scions of the Flame reveal 

Trying to keep my expectations low, any other reveals would be a bonus for me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Urgh it's a damn shame isn't it. Guttered to have missed out on the Fimir. 

So, the New Year Open Day, what does everyone think.

40k: Next PA book teaser

AoS: Next army teaser

WarCry: Scions of the Flame reveal 

Trying to keep my expectations low, any other reveals would be a bonus for me. 

AoS: next army teaser and more info for Tzeench vs KO release

Warcry: Scions of the flame plus cards for Tzeench and KO forces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

Urgh it's a damn shame isn't it. Guttered to have missed out on the Fimir. 

So, the New Year Open Day, what does everyone think.

40k: Next PA book teaser

AoS: Next army teaser

WarCry: Scions of the Flame reveal 

Trying to keep my expectations low, any other reveals would be a bonus for me. 

40k: Saga of the Beast preview, maybe a model.

AoS: Seraphon Battletome reveal.

WarCry: Spire Tyrants and maybe Scions.

Underworlds: Daughters of Khaine/Maggotkin Warband reveals.

Nercromunda: Standalone Subjugator/Corpse Cult boxes.

Additional: This year's store anniversary Stormcast/Primaris.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, MitGas said:

Well, they'll release him in a few months for sure by himself.

They will release him eventually sure, but it will be more like a year, not a few months

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

40k: Saga of the Beast preview, maybe a model.  

AoS: Seraphon Battletome reveal. 🚫

WarCry: Spire Tyrants and maybe Scions.  

Underworlds: Daughters of Khaine/Maggotkin Warband reveals.  

Nercromunda: Standalone Subjugator/Corpse Cult boxes.  

Additional: This year's store anniversary Stormcast/Primaris.  

My 2 pence worth of thoughts 

Edited by Carnelian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Laststand said:

Tell that to the skaven bombardier, arch revenant and other box set heroes. Its been almost 11months for the skaven and FEC, 6 for Sylvaneth. 

My personal opinion is that they are preparing small expansions like they are doing in 40k and those heroes would naturally fit being released as stand-alone with that small update.

Regarding the AoS open day I doubt will have any 40k or Necromunda news, 40k open day I think had nothing AoS related. What I think we will see it’s a hint of the new army coming in H1 2020 and the Scions of flame, maybe a seraphon hint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

My personal opinion is that they are preparing small expansions like they are doing in 40k and those heroes would naturally fit being released as stand-alone with that small update.

Regarding the AoS open day I doubt will have any 40k or Necromunda news, 40k open day I think had nothing AoS related. What I think we will see it’s a hint of the new army coming in H1 2020 and the Scions of flame, maybe a seraphon hint.

It's not a AoS open day but a new year open day so all systems covered.

Regarding the characters still to become available separately, it's coming up to a year since carrion empire came out so we might see the heroes released then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think looking at the Shadowspear box gives us a clue as to how the limited hero models will be released, new Start Collecting boxes

it makes sense that gw might want to take out the Zombie Dragon from the current Flesh Eaters box as I imagine hardly anyone buys the individual model anymore, same with Sylvaneth and the Treelord. Gloomspite Gits still need a Start Collecting box anyway so that makes sense as well

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I think looking at the Shadowspear box gives us a clue as to how the limited hero models will be released, new Start Collecting boxes

it makes sense that gw might want to take out the Zombie Dragon from the current Flesh Eaters box as I imagine hardly anyone buys the individual model anymore, same with Sylvaneth and the Treelord. Gloomspite Gits still need a Start Collecting box anyway so that makes sense as well

I think the bigger issue for some Start collecting boxes is the sprues that have wierd unit sizes in. 

Sylvaneth for instance, the 16 dryads is odd in the current context. I wonder if they would ever consider reboxing them with 1 extra sprue so there is 20 in a box ( cant remember exactly how the sprues are laid out to be fair).

 

From the open day, for AoS I'd like to see a tease, if not a full scale reveal for Seraphon and the, most importantly, a sort of statement on how the want to move the model range / game forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I think looking at the Shadowspear box gives us a clue as to how the limited hero models will be released, new Start Collecting boxes

it makes sense that gw might want to take out the Zombie Dragon from the current Flesh Eaters box as I imagine hardly anyone buys the individual model anymore, same with Sylvaneth and the Treelord. Gloomspite Gits still need a Start Collecting box anyway so that makes sense as well

That would be a good idea but would also diminish a lot the value of boxes after the first one especially for certain armies 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, mojojojo101 said:

I think the bigger issue for some Start collecting boxes is the sprues that have wierd unit sizes in. 

Sylvaneth for instance, the 16 dryads is odd in the current context. I wonder if they would ever consider reboxing them with 1 extra sprue so there is 20 in a box ( cant remember exactly how the sprues are laid out to be fair).

 

From the open day, for AoS I'd like to see a tease, if not a full scale reveal for Seraphon and the, most importantly, a sort of statement on how the want to move the model range / game forward.

If they were to add another sprue of dryads the box would become a size thicker, which has other stocking/storage issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ogregut said:

It's not a AoS open day but a new year open day so all systems covered.

Oops you are right I was sure was AoS only... now that ticket and the 2h drive assume much less value to me... oh well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Oops you are right I was sure was AoS only... now that ticket and the 2h drive assume much less value to me... oh well...

I mean it's still going to be a fun time, right?  I don't really play 40k either, but I still like to keep abreast of what's going on.

And the drive?  Pshaw - just grab a few podcasts, you'll be fine :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

I mean it's still going to be a fun time, right?  I don't really play 40k either, but I still like to keep abreast of what's going on.

And the drive?  Pshaw - just grab a few podcasts, you'll be fine :)

Yeah it’s always a blast but I was really hoping to go there to see an AoS “show”

I guess worst case I’ll just have a chat with the staff speaking of how much they are not showing us of AoS 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Joseph Mackay said:

I think looking at the Shadowspear box gives us a clue as to how the limited hero models will be released, new Start Collecting boxes

I don't think Shadowspear is applicable here. The reason that Shadowspear is broken up into start collecting is that it's shared sprue starter set(but luckily there were no shared sprues between factions) and the only way to release those models together was in a start collecting. They did the first think with the original AoS starter being broken down into Start Collecting Goreblad warband and thunderstike brotherhood and there's probably a non-zero chance we'll see a similar start collecting death guard and a start collecting primaris when Dark Imperium is superceded if/when 9th ed 40k gets a new starter box and we may even see a start collecting Nighthaunt and sacrosanct once Soul Wars is replaced. That being said, these recent starter boxes, the new hereos have all been on their own sprues and packaged with existing retail models. The Blightwar and Wake the Dead boxes are much more like these AoS boxes we've seen this past year as they have existing units with new heroes and they did eventually see the heroes release, GW just doesn't seem to be in much of a rush.

At this point I just can't guess at a motivation by GW to hold the models back. It would at least make sense if the box sets weren't limited and they were holding the models hostage to push box sales. Unless that's is ultimately what they're doing except in a more sinister way where they don't actually sell the boxes very long, and they're creating this uncertainly about when or if these heroes will ever be released so people will snap up boxes they don't want or need because they don't know if that model will ever be available as a way to guarantee their box sets sell out.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Clan's Cynic said:

40k: Saga of the Beast preview, maybe a model.

AoS: Seraphon Battletome reveal.

WarCry: Spire Tyrants and maybe Scions.

Underworlds: Daughters of Khaine/Maggotkin Warband reveals.

Nercromunda: Standalone Subjugator/Corpse Cult boxes.

Additional: This year's store anniversary Stormcast/Primaris.

We better see those Scions soon.........urge to Warcry rising........

Also curious to see if we see an Underworlds reveal and what the warband will look like. Only one I'm not really excited to see are the Nurgle one because GW is way too one-dimensional with Nurgle sculpts (large bloated model with guts spilling out with a sores on them.......sums up about every Nurgle model for the last 15 years).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Whitefang said:

Don’t expect scions of flame in half an year I’d say…

Eh, we have a rumor engine from August that belongs to them, they have been teased since August in the Warcry core rulebook and we are almost certainly getting Spire Tyrants in January. I'm thinking Scions will most likely be a Q1 release.....likely March. I imagine the original plan was to release them and the Spire Tyrants at the same time but production complications or manufacturing capability slowed them down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...