Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7 minutes ago, Overread said:

Also not to spoil peoples christmas, but I'd like to draw your attention to this thread - a rather chilly warning regarding Forgeworld and AoS

😧 Oh damn, thanks for the heads up Overread, the Dread Maw model is pivotal to one of my army's, just seen it's last chance to buy!! Would've been guttered to see that go. Looks like a little late crimbo present to myself 😋

Merry Christmas everyone. This has been the best community I have engaged with this past year and as someone who has no close friends who enjoy the hobby and who's social circle in the hobby is online, thank you everyone for making it a fun year. Cheers. 

• Like 15
  • LOVE IT! 1

32 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Looks very decent

68A7EA4A-2412-48C5-BFB5-0CF6A7F823CB.jpeg

Perhaps just as important, it doesn't look as if it will be on the exorbitantly expensive side of GW's pricing scale

• Like 1

Man do I not need to buy a new Frigate. Still a better deal than the Ogor Box was though. I'll just build the 6 flyer guys as Skywardens and be ready to rock with KO.

Just now, michu said:

@madmac Isn't that Gunhauler?

Yes, actually. Sorry I just woke up. I've got two painted Gunhaulers already, but still that makes me feel a little better about the box somehow.

Love the new character but I've got five each of the edrinriggers and sky wardens so it's a reluctant miss for me. I might see if I can get the character on eBay after the release as I bet a lot of people will pick it up for the tzeetch character, which I have to admit is fantastic even as someone who doesn't care for the faction. I'm slightly disappointed this means no bigger release for kharadron although I didn't necessarily expect one.

1 minute ago, Red_Shift said:

Love the new character but I've got five each of the edrinriggers and sky wardens so it's a reluctant miss for me. I might see if I can get the character on eBay after the release as I bet a lot of people will pick it up for the tzeetch character, which I have to admit is fantastic even as someone who doesn't care for the faction. I'm slightly disappointed this means no bigger release for kharadron although I didn't necessarily expect one.

TBH those characters are easier to convert than others - for tzeentch one you need to buy magister and any dics character and voila.  Endrinmaster is harder but still doable.

Damn January! That’s really soon, but most of us definitely expected these updates at some point in 2020 though and now it’s just Seraphon remaining. Really interested in taking a look at Tzeentch. 

Also there was a KO fan here who was adamant KO were getting left in the dust and not gonna get updated. Well looks like a mini Christmas miracle for them!

14 minutes ago, smartazjb0y said:

now it’s just Seraphon remaining.

Nurgle, DoK and Idoneth. I'm not having it that those books were 2. 0 ready because they evidently weren't. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Idoneth were in that regard not ready, period.

Much like KO, they feel like they‘re still in beta. And just like in beta, some things (Like eels) work pretty well already, while others don‘t. Like the whole infantry package.

Looking at the box we're getting 

1 Endrinmaster with Dirigible Suit (?)
6 Endrinriggers/Skywardens ($80)
1 Gunhauler ($50)
1 Magister on Disc of Tzeentch (?)
3 Screamers ($35)
6 Skyfires/Enlightened ($80)

Depending on the prices of the new heroes, I think that's one of the more evenly-priced boxes we've gotten. If the new heroes are in the $35-$40 range, the box seems to be about the same value as Feast of Bones (assuming it keeps its $195 price point) 

12 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Nurgle, DoK and Idoneth. I'm not having it that those books were 2. 0 ready because they evidently weren't. 

This goes for Legions of Nagash as well. Maybe there will be a new death soup book. Or they'll just clean it up and add Soul Blight as its own chapter.

(If Im being real honest Nighthaunt and Stormcast as well. Im aware shootcast is very good, its the rest of the book that isnt.)

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, smartazjb0y said:

Looking at the box we're getting 

1 Endrinmaster with Dirigible Suit (?)
6 Endrinriggers/Skywardens ($80)
1 Gunhauler ($50)
1 Magister on Disc of Tzeentch (?)
3 Screamers ($35)
6 Skyfires/Enlightened ($80)

Depending on the prices of the new heroes, I think that's one of the more evenly-priced boxes we've gotten. If the new heroes are in the $35-$40 range, the box seems to be about the same value as Feast of Bones (assuming it keeps its $195 price point) 

It would be nice if cheaper, as while in cost per unit it is a high value box, it feels quite light on content.

Anyway as I always I hoped on a bigger reveal than this. A tease of a new army or atleast a new unit for an existing army.

The 40K reveal is really worse. The video they made that "all will be revealed the 25..." made it look wat bigger than another Primaris captain. 

Edited by Tonhel

Well time to see how nerfed we are boys. They did the absolute minimal they could for us. I’m not expecting massive unit profile overhauls like we’ll now need with only a new hero. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Well time to see how nerfed we are boys. They did the absolute minimal they could for us. I’m not expecting massive unit profile overhauls like we’ll now need with only a new hero. 

For some people the glass is neither half empty nor half full. It's broken and all the water is on the carpet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 23

The KO and Tzeench box is promising. Not sure though, it is a light box for the expected price.

It's a good start for a Tsaangor based Tzeench army, and the KO side also looks compatible with itself, but it's so little plastic.

9 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Be happy for both a box and new hero at least, Ironjawz got nothing at all. 

• Sad 1

We skaven got only one new hero and yet we are one of the top armies. CoS didn't get anything and they are still really good. Have faith.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

Be happy for both a box and new hero at least, Ironjawz got nothing at all. 

They‘ve got banana-op-warchanters :D

KO don‘t need that much to work, I think they‘ll be fine & get me back to AoS. After all they were the ones thar got me hooked in the first place.

Hopefully seraphon will be soonish, and then a quick rework of the early 2.0 books I’ve basically shelved my stormcast. I’m happy both these factions got this update and so soon too. The games not in a perfect place but I feel it’s getting better. 

I have...eighteen Tzaangor; nine of each, and nine enlightened on foot that I converted from extra bits and a box of regular bird bros. I can basically never put them all on the table anyway; still trying to pick these up though.

What I want to know is why these boxes don't have battleline? Are they indicative of major changes? What else is going on?

I really don't need anymore Tzeentch Skyfires or Enlightened, but I really do want that new Magister...

I've been wanting basically and "unnamed Brokk" since KO came out, but GW has pretty much exhausted any enthusiasm or good will from me for new stuff with all these new models basically locked up in large limited box sets, especially given the army size I'm getting this new KO hero will be about as linchpin to the army as the new ghoul hero was for Flesheaters, it which case I probably won't even bother with the book(especially since KO aren't and "you still have fun even when you lose all the time" army like goblins). And with no book, probably non of my planned expansion of my KO army of an ironclad and some more troops, so I guess I should thank GW for saving me a couple hundred bucks. If there was a short reasonable period of exclusivity for the box sets it would fine, but at this point when ever GW announces new heroes in these box sets it elicits an eyeroll from me more than excitement these days. It was already going to be GW-lite year for me and looks to be even more so unless they figure out how to sell individual heroes again. Maybe I can convert a Primaris Lieutenant into this new guy.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Neffelo said:

I really don't need anymore Tzeentch Skyfires or Enlightened, but I really do want that new Magister...

Well, they'll release him in a few months for sure by himself.