The Rumour Thread

9 minutes ago, Barkanaut said:

Well time to see how nerfed we are boys. They did the absolute minimal they could for us. I’m not expecting massive unit profile overhauls like we’ll now need with only a new hero. 

Be happy for both a box and new hero at least, Ironjawz got nothing at all. 

• Sad 1

I have...eighteen Tzaangor; nine of each, and nine enlightened on foot that I converted from extra bits and a box of regular bird bros. I can basically never put them all on the table anyway; still trying to pick these up though.

What I want to know is why these boxes don't have battleline? Are they indicative of major changes? What else is going on?

I've been wanting basically and "unnamed Brokk" since KO came out, but GW has pretty much exhausted any enthusiasm or good will from me for new stuff with all these new models basically locked up in large limited box sets, especially given the army size I'm getting this new KO hero will be about as linchpin to the army as the new ghoul hero was for Flesheaters, it which case I probably won't even bother with the book(especially since KO aren't and "you still have fun even when you lose all the time" army like goblins). And with no book, probably non of my planned expansion of my KO army of an ironclad and some more troops, so I guess I should thank GW for saving me a couple hundred bucks. If there was a short reasonable period of exclusivity for the box sets it would fine, but at this point when ever GW announces new heroes in these box sets it elicits an eyeroll from me more than excitement these days. It was already going to be GW-lite year for me and looks to be even more so unless they figure out how to sell individual heroes again. Maybe I can convert a Primaris Lieutenant into this new guy.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tonhel said:

It would be nice if cheaper, as while in cost per unit it is a high value box, it feels quite light on content.

Anyway as I always I hoped on a bigger reveal than this. A tease of a new army or atleast a new unit for an existing army.

The 40K reveal is really worse. The video they made that "all will be revealed the 25..." made it look wat bigger than another Primaris captain. 

Agree with the 40k reveal being awful. They really hyped psychic awakening but aside from a couple of models it's been a real bust

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CDM said:

Agree with the 40k reveal being awful. They really hyped psychic awakening but aside from a couple of models it's been a real bust

Totally third this. I have been on the edge of expanding my Harlequin kill team into a full clown army and trying out actual 40k. But awakening has just been a massive dud for me. I know marine bias is a thing, but it literally feels like primaris / marines is all there is. Imperium used to be humanity in decline, but now you have all this new technology, god tier human psykers, ect.

KO look great though. New hero is pretty neat, and the prospect of ballon boys as battleline opens up a lot of interesting options. Nearly finished assembling my Ogors, but not quite sure if the sky dwarves peak my interest enough to be my second army.

I'd like to remind people - if you get anything on the GW store at present you get  a FREE copy of Total War Warhammer! 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/12/25/happy-christmas-from-warhammer-communitygw-homepage-post-1/

Any physical products they'll put a card with an activation code (steam) into the order for free, whilst stocks last. Go forth and get them! TW Warhammer is an outstanding game and honestly one of the greater RTS fantasy games ever created. Plus if you go further ALL the races and DLC races and content (including blood dlc) that you might get for it all unlock in TW Warhammer 2 and in the upcoming TW Warhammer 3 (making for a true epic fantasy experience). 

• Thanks 2

Right, ending my, brief, self imposed exile here to wish you weirdos a merry Christmas, happy Hanukkah, kwality  kwanza, awesome new year or whatever flavour of holiday you enjoy at this time of year.

sadly my numerous mentions of slaves to darkness start collecting kits came to nothing but I do have an obscene amount of new books of witchcraft, magic and all the other dumb nonsense I’m into.

Thanks for entertaining me over the past, frankly horrible, year. try not to be miserable sods, be good to each other and remember the aim of the game is having fun and if you do have problems beyond not getting the army buffs you think you’re entitled to then please reach out to someone (in the words of the younguns my DMs are always open) but more importantly...

Important Numbers

Samaritans - 116123
Mind - 0300 1233393
SANE - 0845 7678000
Young Minds (for parents) - 0808 802 5544
Rape Crisis - 08088029999
CALM (For Men) - 0800585858
Refuge (domestic abuse) - 0808 2000 247
Breathing Space -0800838587

for everyone else kick back, relax, and have a lovely Xmas and New year. 

xxxx

• Like 20

Man, I gotta say this preview is a let down. But GW have really been bringing it out the bag this year. Wont lie I was hoping for a new primarch, especially want fulgrim or angron to convert into an aos darmon prince. Look forward to see what 2020 brings.

Happy Saturnalia yall.

Man, I gotta say this preview is a let down. But GW have really been bringing it out the bag this year. Wont lie I was hoping for a new primarch, especially want fulgrim or angron to convert into an aos darmon prince. Look forward to see what 2020 brings.

Happy Saturnalia yall.

4 minutes ago, Kronos said:

Happy Saturnalia yall.

Agreed, we only saw three new models and were notified of two Battletomes we knew we were getting. That and yet another Space Marine character is just boring. I was hoping for the Scions of Flame, a new Underworlds band, a new unit for someone, or something remotely interesting.