The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, CommissarRotke said:

Vampire Coast works decently in TWW2, but I don't think I would like them in AOS when there's so many more fantastical armies they could do; ulgu and hysh aelves, kurnothi, grungni army, scuttlers...

I dunno, blackpowder weapon zombies with a glint of personality, ghost ships, mutants with swords for legs, monstrous undead crabs, actual mecha made from shipwrecks and drowned men are all pretty fantastical. They'd stand out nicely from the other Death factions and would be a good way to reintroduce rotting flesh to Death's aesthetic, but in a unique enough way (maritime, combined with blackpowder, seawater and rotting wood) that it wouldn't step on Nurgle's toes/conceptual space.

• Like 7
  • LOVE IT! 1

I think if Vampire Coast is on the horizon, then in the same vain as "Cthullu Elves" and "Tombking Revival" where on the horizon in the past (and some others, like whatever what would become Kharadron Overlords where called in the initial booklets Steamhead Duradin or somesuch).

Meaning an army that could be described as such from a casual observation without context, but is very different from what people imagine just from the words.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I think if Vampire Coast is on the horizon, then in the same vain as "Cthullu Elves" and "Tombking Revival" where on the horizon in the past (and some others, like whatever what would become Kharadron Overlords where called in the initial booklets Steamhead Duradin or somesuch).

Meaning an army that could be described as such from a casual observation without context, but is very different from what people imagine just from the words.

Man just reading your post hurt me on the inside haha. 

Idoneth are even my main AoS army, and I STILL wish they had played out to be more like the initial Cthulhu aelf rumors. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Austin said:

Man just reading your post hurt me on the inside haha. 

Idoneth are even my main AoS army, and I STILL wish they had played out to be more like the initial Cthulhu aelf rumors. 

Yeah me too. To be honest I wouldn't be against another underwater army in general, but I don't think they would want to compete with idoneth sales wise. 

20 hours ago, Still-young said:

Today’s Rumour Engine

32D5AF22-D351-4BEE-9CD6-202A77275F34.jpeg

20 hours ago, HollowHills said:

This is simple...

The hats worn by the new Aos Imperial Knight Giants will have an impressive spike or horn coming out of them - much like the figure head of a ship.

This particular one was taken from some old dwarf relic, and what you're not seeing is the top of it which has a seat with a nervous johan acting as a lookout on it.

Its just rotated to look like its facing backwards to confuse you all.

A bit off-topic but damn, the new Chaos Warriors are still shorter than Blood Warriors or Stormcast. :(

Some of their details seem to be tiny - either they can print even smaller now or they scaled them down to fit in with the old Warriors - which would suggest no new kit. And there's my rumour theory! :)

On 12/17/2019 at 10:09 AM, sandlemad said:

It's definitely lashed together rather roughly and in a similar manner to that last bit of wreckage. For that one I thought 'grotbag scuttlers' but this visibly has seaweed and barnacles, strongly suggesting a maritime sort of feel. So... sea grots? Zombie pirates? Hard to imagine Idoneth doing anything like this.

slP7d-pAi9PKOENQgRXLpeSbqt0y3ejqAoSRGh5u

You might be right, but to be fair, coral and barnacles do grow in the Chamon sky, according to the KO book.  In fact, if you look at the artwork of the sky docks in the KO book, there is a docked Frigate that is in DIRE need of a hull scraping.

18 hours ago, sandlemad said:

I dunno, blackpowder weapon zombies with a glint of personality, ghost ships, mutants with swords for legs, monstrous undead crabs, actual mecha made from shipwrecks and drowned men are all pretty fantastical. They'd stand out nicely from the other Death factions and would be a good way to reintroduce rotting flesh to Death's aesthetic, but in a unique enough way (maritime, combined with blackpowder, seawater and rotting wood) that it wouldn't step on Nurgle's toes/conceptual space.

I feel Deepkin should have been that... or full see creatures army : shark or crab face guys on giant krakens...

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

yeah that's part of why I feel like Vampirates would be a strange addition; why not make the Deepkin 'deeper'

Indeed, I kinda wish they were similar to Gloomspite, where instead of being combined with Troggs and Spiders, the Deepkin instead have like giant crabs, or Fishmen as allied subfactions

Edited by mikethefish
  • Like 2

Nurgle, Sylvaneth and Gloomspite all have trees/fungus/bug themes but they are completely distinct from another. The overlap even serves as a good intro of why they hate each other in Nurgle and Sylvaneth's case. Nurgle factions hates Sylvaneth because, while they claim to respect the cycle of life/death and growth/decay, they think they are above it and only Sylvaneth should live forever. On the other hand Sylvaneth hate Nurgle because they think Nurgle is a perversion of the cycle. The Gitz meanwhile, just like getting high off the mushrooms.

To get back on topic, I feel like having another underwater themed force would do good to flesh out the Deepkin and to say where their theme begins and ends. Underwater civilization = Deepkin, nomadic pirates = Vampire Coast, raiders with a homeport = scourge privateers.

• Like 6
  • LOVE IT! 1

23 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

Indeed, I kinda wish they were similar to Gloomspite, where instead of being combined with Troggs and Spiders, the Deepkin instead have like giant crabs, or Fishmen as allied subfactions

I actually think this would be a great way to flesh out all of the "small" new factions, like DoK or KO... yeah, that'd be fantastic.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, MitGas said:

A bit off-topic but damn, the new Chaos Warriors are still shorter than Blood Warriors or Stormcast. :(

Some of their details seem to be tiny - either they can print even smaller now or they scaled them down to fit in with the old Warriors - which would suggest no new kit. And there's my rumour theory! :)

I don't think Chaos warriors needed to be bigger, and certainly not as big as Stormcasts since they're just normal humans who happen to fight for Chaos. So this isn't a situation like the new Chaos Space marines being bigger where that was just a correction of their scale(why they couldn't just do that for regular space marines instead of going the Primaris route is a discussion for another board).

1 hour ago, mikethefish said:

I think my biggest issue with Deepkin is that they too much in the middle between elf and fish. They're not elfy enough for me to want them as a true elf army, but they're not fishy enough to really interest me a a cool underwater army. I wish GW would have leaned heavier in one direction or the other(preferably fishy).

• LOVE IT! 2