The Rumour Thread

1 minute ago, swarmofseals said:

Also want to say that I am very much not impressed by the rollout of these faqs. How hard is it to get them all out at the same time in all of the languages? It's so weird that we have a random smattering of them available scattered across a bunch of different languages. 

At my work we have a web page with a bunch of reports that get updated once a month. I'm not sure how it works but our web guy always gets them updated within a few hours of me emailing him the pdfs and without issue.

I've always felt that while GW is a company that does a lot of things very well....It has major issues.

• Like 1

Just now, Zanzou said:

Pushing a batch update would be the normal thing to do.  Not sure what they are doing.  Maybe they are afraid of ****** up the site, but they should have a development test server for that...

My guess is, since they haven't announced any of this stuff officially yet, is that none of this was meant to be seen until it was all up.

• Like 1

Just now, Zanzou said:

Pushing a batch update would be the normal thing to do.  Not sure what they are doing.  Maybe they are afraid of ****** up the site, but they should have a development test server for that...

Agreed, this seems like it's a manual process which is really not recommended to have.

We also haven't been told officially that the updates are ready, we're essentially watching them get everything ready.

2 minutes ago, Pvarron said:

My guess is, since they haven't announced any of this stuff officially yet, is that none of this was meant to be seen until it was all up.

Yeah that's almost assuredly the case. It's certainly a weird way of them getting ready to release them, but they're not ACTUALLY expecting everyone to scrounge through different languages to find the updates

44 minutes ago, TheCovenLord said:

? This is kind of a confusing statement to make. So you prefer that a whole sub-faction (with bulgors being battleline in warherds and a whole set of rules to make them playable as pure warherds) stay completely non-viable for ? Flavor? I don't even understand the rationale to be honest. They are battleline and can be taken as battleline and thus need to be able to compete as battleline. 

Are you approaching this as if they are just elite units with others (gors/ungors) within an army? Because warherds (and other elite) armies would like some words with you....

First off: being them on ;) 

Nowhere did I say keep things unviable (which is highly subjective anyway). The warherds need their own thing. To me it’s confusing that you took something positive, flavourful rules for every faction, to a negative space by immediately deciding it would mean that factions would be unplayable. 

Edited by Kramer

45 minutes ago, smartazjb0y said:

Yeah that's almost assuredly the case. It's certainly a weird way of them getting ready to release them, but they're not ACTUALLY expecting everyone to scrounge through different languages to find the updates

I honestly don't see it as that big of a deal and expect it to be fixed within a day or two.

I get it that people are excited to see their army buffed/nerfed right now and that is why it is annoying.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kasper said:

I honestly don't see it as that big of a deal and expect it to be fixed within a day or two.

I get it that people are excited to see their army buffed/nerfed right now and that is why it is annoying.

It just makes ZERO sense from both a consumer and back end perspective. Why do they need to be trickled out? If this is an infrastructure problem, they need to upgrade their site. If it's a workflow problem, it should be automated to a point where they go up all together or one after the other.

Instead we get some trickled out *in different languages*, others aren't even in the correct AOS section or disappearing, ones in the AOS section don't even show up properly when sorting "recently updated"..... like it's an absolute mess for GW saying this is what they'll be doing from now on, and consistently taking in high profit margins by year.

Edited by CommissarRotke
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

13 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

It just makes ZERO sense from both a consumer and back end perspective. Why do they need to be trickled out? If this is an infrastructure problem, they need to upgrade their site. If it's a workflow problem, it should be automated to a point where they go up all together or one after the other.

Instead we get some trickled out, others aren't even in the correct AOS section or disappearing, ones in the AOS section don't even show up properly when sorting "recently updated"..... like it's an absolute mess for GW saying this is what they'll be doing from now on, and consistently taking in high profit margins by year.

It could have been handled better, sure, but it is hardly the end of the world.

I have no idea why they aren't all released at the same time. Your guess is as good as mine. It could be to create hype (chaos - people talk about it on all platforms atm) or they simply push them out as they are approved in the different languages or whatever.

Edited by Kasper

Yep, this is a problem. Management of Warscrolls is also poorly done. You often get out of date warscrolls in the product pages for example. This is an area where they can improve. I am thankful for the AoS app though - it seems to be kept up to date quite well. 

Edited by Greyshadow
  • Like 2

like it's an absolute mess for GW saying this is what they'll be doing from now on, and consistently taking in high profit margins by year.

Who's suggesting that this is how GW is doing it from now on? You really think that they're expecting people to look through the 40k section for AoS FAQs and erratas? 

Considering in the past they've updated these before without issue, it's probably just a bug or some wires got crossed in this specific update. A mistake. 

20 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

They said they're doing FAQ and points changes twice a year leading up to the GHB2019?

Right, but that's NOT the same thing with the issues we're seeing right now. The issues we're seeing right now are front-end website issues, which they haven't had before despite updating multiple documents at the same time. It's clear that the issues we're seeing are unintentional. 

Edited by smartazjb0y
  • Like 2

I'm not surprised to see a good few of those point reductions. That said in general AoS has run typically quite expensive on points model to model so seeing some come down is a good thing in my view. 

I'm surprised at nothing on Slaanesh changing though unless GW is saving that for a bigger info release. It does give me a little hope that what they might do is address the problem which is depravity outside of point changes. I'm very glad to see plague monks getting a new warscroll because its showing that GW are willing to rework the rules not just the points. 

I've long held that whilst point changes are a very good thing, they don't resolve everything. Sometimes you've got to deal with a core problem of the rules and stats rather than just adjust points up and down. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Overread said:

I'm not surprised to see a good few of those point reductions. That said in general AoS has run typically quite expensive on points model to model so seeing some come down is a good thing in my view. 

I'm surprised at nothing on Slaanesh changing though unless GW is saving that for a bigger info release. It does give me a little hope that what they might do is address the problem which is depravity outside of point changes. I'm very glad to see plague monks getting a new warscroll because its showing that GW are willing to rework the rules not just the points. 

I've long held that whilst point changes are a very good thing, they don't resolve everything. Sometimes you've got to deal with a core problem of the rules and stats rather than just adjust points up and down. 

I am sure that we are going to get Slaanesh changes, I think there has been some errors and not everything is dropping the way it should.

1 hour ago, Neffelo said:

I am sure that we are going to get Slaanesh changes, I think there has been some errors and not everything is dropping the way it should.

Also... Technically, I don't think Slaanesh was in GHB19 (odd timing there)...  so they might not have been mentioned in the GHB errata and get their own errata later on. 

At least, that's what I keep telling myself because I'd be slightly annoyed if that army stayed as is. 

20 minutes ago, RuneBrush said:

Slaanesh are to be getting changes - this was confirmed at Blood and Glory last month.  Bearing in mind the actual documents are trickling through, I'd imagine we'll see something in the next week or so.

Really? Are they going to change the warscrolls when the points got update one week before?

I doubt we have seen the last point changes for this round, maybe the rest will be further out. 

I have been compiling my own notes throughout the evening and the 4chan screendump fits with what I have. There seem to be some contradiction between Azyr app and the Japanese pdf-leaks, so we will see once the technical dust settles.

I will be updating the points as I go along here (which should be easier on the eyes than grainy jpg's):

https://ageofminiatures.com/points-changes/

• Thanks 5

10 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

Really? Are they going to change the warscrolls when the points got update one week before?

They might not have to change warscrolls at all. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw a change to:

• Locus of Diversion, so it goes off on a 3+ from Keeper of Secrets and 5+ on the other heroes.
  • Change to how depravity points are gained
  • Change to the cost of summoning or the way summoning works (maybe increase costs or can only summon 1 unit like Khorne, then rest of the points are gone.

Those kind of changes can just be FAQ'd since they are alligiance abilities.

Edited by Kasper

6 minutes ago, The World Tree said:

There are very few points changes lol

Yep this is far from a global reduction, in fact its very specifically targeted. They've targeted typically bigger and more expensive (in points) models that don't get fielded that often. Look at the DoK changes, the Avatar and the Blood Sisters, both models that don't typically see a lot of discussion online nor in lists. They are not outright "bad" just not "as good" as other things in the army. A reduction in points helps them get a bit better without affecting their actual performance in terms of their core stats. 

That said I do expect that we will see AoS either reduce in points across the board or increase in standard army point value. Just not for a while yet.