The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Forrix said:

Points updates are new for the Winter FAQ normally its just rules. This is new shift for GW. Depending on what they do this could be bigger than the GHB. Though GW has been going the light touch route for the last few updates.

Edit: Its a new shift but they've said for awhile they would look at points, at least for factions released before the GHB but not covered in it or the GHB FAQ (aka Fyreslayers and Slaanesh). So the only surprise is the other armies getting adjusted.

The 2019 version of the GHB and Chapter Approved both had points in separate booklets. While the points changes were still bundled, it's still a measure of separation and I wonder if we could see that continue to the point where the GHB and Chapter approved aren't even tied to point changes any more.

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

Because Morathi doesn't deserve nice things.

For what she did to Malus in the End Times she deserves a good ars ass whooping. When I fix my pc(I m using my old work laptop now) I m gonna crank up TWW2 with its new dlc, get tzar'kans influence to 0 and go full scourge of khaine on Ghrond and purge her sorceress kabal and the cults of slaanesh.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Looks like Settrus is getting some page time, Merry Christmas Tomb King fans 😎

BLPROCESSED-Hamilcar-The-Age-of-Enlightenment-cover.jpg

The mighty Hamilcar Bear-eater returns to battle! When fortune brings him to the Unchained Lands, where the forces of the Free Cities wage war on the Nighthaunt hordes of Nagash, he seizes a chance for glory and joins the fight. But Hamilcar is not the only Stormcast Eternal in the battle – and the Lord-Celestant Settrus. master of a warhost of Knights of the Heldenhammer, is no friend of the Bear-eater. Yet they have common cause as they fight to stop the hordes of Death from defiling an ancient Stormvault… but what lies within may be more dangerous than all the spirits and skeletal constructs of Shyish.

https://www.blacklibrary.com/prod-home/new/age-of-enlightenment-2019.html

The story is a bit... odd, there will be a sequel I guess?

27 minutes ago, smartazjb0y said:

Looks like the FAQs/Erratas are about to release like in a few minutes, the FAQ page just took down the sections for a bunch of armies that I think coincide with what they said were going to get points updates. 

i came to ask where the heck the AOS news was, it's been all 40k on warhammer-community...

edit: where the heck is the FAQ table of contents? the faction specific links are PDF uploads

edit2: doh https://www.warhammer-community.com/faqs/

Edited by CommissarRotke

11 minutes ago, Garxia said:

HUGE reduction on Maggotkis battalions points and Blight Kings and Lords getting extra hits on unmodified 6.

I'm not complaining about those but Nurgle Daemon lists are still pretty much worthless. I don't know what GW sees in GUOs that makes them worth 340 points.  I love the models and have 3 fully painted ones that I would love to take out of my display case sometime.

17 minutes ago, smartazjb0y said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/1a4b571b.pdf

Sylvaneth points dropped for a few units (file is in French but the points list is still easy to understand lol); assuming the Spite-revenants being 30 points is a typo

ALARIELLE IS BACK!!!! No bow hunter decrease is an absolute shame but I will 100 percent take alarielle being back over that for now

Edited by Zanzou

Just now, Overread said:

Darn it dragon style demon darkelves of shadow - been waiting AGES for them!

Also why doesnt' Morathi have any shadow demon summons or spells or troops!!!!

Well she conjured them as guards and lovers so I imagine they're back in her parts of the 13 continents of Ulgu making sure Malerion doesn't overstep himself while Morathi's away making sure the mortals play nice and get revenge on Nagash for revealing her true form.

We got gorgeous Melusai so I say it evens out for now until the big shadowkin releases.

Also that Hamilcar novel looks really fun. :D

11 minutes ago, michu said:

Looks like you can't stack one of Ghyran spells anymore.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/9cb52f83.pdf

And if someone know japanese, we have points for DoK, LoN and IDK.

Google translate for the win.

The LoN ones are for Neferata and Mannfred

The DoK ones are for at the top for the Avatar of Khaine and Blood Stalkers at the bottom.

Edited by Emissary

10 minutes ago, michu said:

Looks like you can't stack one of Ghyran spells anymore.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/9cb52f83.pdf

And if someone know japanese, we have points for DoK, LoN and IDK.

I don't, but it's a PDF so copy and paste into google translate.

IDK:

Turtle 350 -> 310

Aspect of Sea 420 -> 380

Aspect of Storm 400 -> 360

Shark 120 -> 100