Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

7 minutes ago, Inquisitorsz said:

If I just wanted identical game pieces on a board or tabletop then I'd just use cardboard tokens or something like boardgames do. 

Side note: I don't believe the game is anywhere near good enough to carry itself regardless of the quality of the miniatures. 

I agree with you on the side note. I've never understood why people play Warhammer with the game itself as the biggest draw. The setting and models are far ahead of the game in terms of quality.

A point of distinction on the other, though. I also, like you, want really great models. I just don't think that great and monopose are mutually exclusive. I never, ever, want to play with tokens or cruddy models.

I just find cutting, cleaning, and assembling the models a tedious, frustrating, labors laborious activity that is getting in the way of what I enjoy most (the painting).

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Inquisitorsz said:

Side note: I don't believe the game is anywhere near good enough to carry itself regardless of the quality of the miniatures. 

Y'know, it would be interesting (in another thread) to see if people could come up with rules that made the gameplay much better than it is. I guess speeding up certain phases would make it more fun but I'm no game designer. 

1 hour ago, Icegoat said:

I am very sorry to tell you this is not the case in this instance this box will only be available for probably an hour max this weekend once the pre orders go live. This is not the same as a normal start collecting 

You will see come Saturday this will sell out very quickly and won't be restocked for a very long while. Ala archregent, archrevenanvt, ogre tyrant, skaven bomber, goblin squig rider etc.. 

Are you trolling? 

I was just about to get into the entire Multpart vs. ETB discussion again, but really, we've had that often enough in this thread and its actually exactly the same people exchanging exactly the same arguments as the last time we've had it about Chaos Warriors. That's not just of topic, it's pointless at this point to boot.

Just gonna say, since its somewhat new, that the previewed Adeptus Sororitas are really giving me confidence MP's will figure into GW's plans for some time to come. The sisters and canoness are just brimming with options and bits of exactly the sort I want to see. I'll propably get quite a few just for conversions and to show that it's the sort of release I want to see.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Icegoat said:

I am very sorry to tell you this is not the case in this instance this box will only be available for probably an hour max this weekend once the pre orders go live. This is not the same as a normal start collecting 

You will see come Saturday this will sell out very quickly and won't be restocked for a very long while. Ala archregent, archrevenanvt, ogre tyrant, skaven bomber, goblin squig rider etc.. 

What do you base this on? The models you've all listed there are all models that were within duel army boxes not start collecting sets. The duel army boxes were always limited releases and GW is always upfront about that. The Sisters were also a limited release. The Start Collecting sets for ALL armies have always been long term investments in products that last pretty much until they are replaced.

Yes its very likely that GW could run out of stock when the Slaves goes live, but they won't wait months and months to recast them. It would only be reflecting a very short term stock issue due to abnormally high demand. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Overread said:

What do you base this on? The models you've all listed there are all models that were within duel army boxes not start collecting sets. The duel army boxes were always limited releases and GW is always upfront about that. The Sisters were also a limited release. The Start Collecting sets for ALL armies have always been long term investments in products that last pretty much until they are replaced.

Yes its very likely that GW could run out of stock when the Slaves goes live, but they won't wait months and months to recast them. It would only be reflecting a very short term stock issue due to abnormally high demand. 

Bro, you and Rogue Explorator have the same face. I thought you were the same person for a minuet.  

• Haha 3

New rumor engine.

image.png.1be126de700eaaa20b07f4f45962c440.png

That's pretty much a tree, yes, but a rather small one. I think it's probably a decoration on a larger model, even something growing off a back or shoulder, kind of like the revenants for Sylvaneth but larger and more elaborate.

I'd be shocked if we got something in the next couple months specifically for Sylvaneth though, so I'll guess Kurnothi, even though this isn't super their style. Orion's old model had some leafy bits, so this might not be totally out of place on a Kurnoth model, maybe even as a base decoration.

2 minutes ago, xking said:

Bro, you and Rogue Explorator have the same face. I thought you were the same person for a minuet.  

Mind-cats be fooling you everywhere! ;)

And yeah that new Rumour Engine looks VERY Sylvaneth. It looks too clean for Nurgle, though there's an outside chance it could be Eldar, but I its not something they are known for. So Sylvaneth! Or possibly a terrain feature. 

That doesn't look at all like the sylvaneth trees either. And it does seem more AOS than 40k, as those bases tend to have ruins or Industrial stuff.

My guess is whole new army.

38 minutes ago, PraetorDragoon said:

Clearly its a seraphon turtle carrying a world on its back.

You forgot about four elephants.

That bonsai tree is really getting my hopes up for a meaningful chinese or japanese model line :o.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kugane said:

That bonsai tree is really getting my hopes up for a meaningful chinese or japanese model line :o.

What? For which game?

Its totally part of a Giant model, only there to emphasize the GIANTNESS!

• Like 3

I think we might see Kurnothi faster than Light Aelves. 

22 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I think we might see Kurnothi faster than Light Aelves. 

Which is odd considering how many would heavily invest in light elves versus how many are going to start collecting Kurnothi. 

3 minutes ago, Icegoat said:

Which is odd considering how many would heavily invest in light elves versus how many are going to start collecting Kurnothi. 

You really underestimate the appeal of Kurnothi.

And there is always the old "why not both" meme.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, madmac said:

New rumor engine.

image.png.1be126de700eaaa20b07f4f45962c440.png

That's pretty much a tree, yes, but a rather small one. I think it's probably a decoration on a larger model, even something growing off a back or shoulder, kind of like the revenants for Sylvaneth but larger and more elaborate.

I'd be shocked if we got something in the next couple months specifically for Sylvaneth though, so I'll guess Kurnothi, even though this isn't super their style. Orion's old model had some leafy bits, so this might not be totally out of place on a Kurnoth model, maybe even as a base decoration.

If we take "Hyish Hyish" and the giant reveal, a carefully pruned bonsai tree growing from a giant would fit that perfectly.

It could also be terrain for Teclis elves, Kurnothi or maybe even LOTR something.

1 hour ago, michu said:

You forgot about four elephants.

Which kind of elephants would fit Seraphon then? Some kind of thundertusk variant? (And what about the fifth elephant, which was pushed off?)

Edited by PraetorDragoon