The Rumour Thread

It makes sense though; GW wants to encourage use of their stores and stuff like this gets people going to the store at least once if not twice. That means there's a great chance you'll pick up other things as well and perhaps even a card telling when their game nights are and such. So who knows what might be 1 limited release model could turn into a new regular customer and game night player. 

• Like 1

Looks pretty airtight for a comparison. Would love to see artwork of these guys battling Crematorians on the burning Aqshy plains. Just one epic inferno battle.

On 12/12/2019 at 1:06 PM, xking said:

By the way, did you guys know that Aetherwings can talk?  apparently they have musical voices.

I did not and I love getting every scrap of Vanguard chamber lore I can find! :o

Though I don't find it fully surprising when there's already sentient talking bird people in Ghur from the Hamilcar novels. (I like the irony that thanks to their Age of Myth isolation and former trade power they're fully armored with metal, gold and jewels while it's the human soldiers that have to use leathers, furs and bones because Ghur is so bereft of minerals besides rock.)

Really hoping they show up in Beastgrave.

• LOVE IT! 1

1 minute ago, Zanzou said:

Crazy that Slaanesh isn't on there.  The lack of Seraphon, KO, Tzeentch further supports that their battletomes arrive early in 2020, not later.

they could be errataing certain rules slaneesh has rather than adding points.

or they are just going to gut the prices on every other tome to bring them into line :)

Edited by Salt_merchant

33 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Looking at some of the erratas of those battletomes, it seems like as if they haven’t had their updates yet.

at least I don’t seem to find any point-changes for the beasts, gloomspite and skaven

Yea, the faction erratas haven’t come out yet only the GHB

11 hours ago, skeen77 said:

Not really AoS related.

We'll let it pass though as it'll only require a tiny amount of modification to work as a Cogsmith 😉

2 hours ago, Forrix said:

Awesome though does that mean no points changes for Slaanesh?

The leaked list of changes are purely changes made to the booklet that came with this years Generals Handbook.  Any battletomes (such as Slaanesh) weren't in that booklet.  It's been confirmed that Slaanesh are receiving attention this month.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RuneBrush said:

The leaked list of changes are purely changes made to the booklet that came with this years Generals Handbook.  Any battletomes (such as Slaanesh) weren't in that booklet.  It's been confirmed that Slaanesh are receiving attention this month.

Great point I hadn’t thought of this.

• Like 1

Looks like Settrus is getting some page time, Merry Christmas Tomb King fans 😎

BLPROCESSED-Hamilcar-The-Age-of-Enlightenment-cover.jpg

The mighty Hamilcar Bear-eater returns to battle! When fortune brings him to the Unchained Lands, where the forces of the Free Cities wage war on the Nighthaunt hordes of Nagash, he seizes a chance for glory and joins the fight. But Hamilcar is not the only Stormcast Eternal in the battle – and the Lord-Celestant Settrus. master of a warhost of Knights of the Heldenhammer, is no friend of the Bear-eater. Yet they have common cause as they fight to stop the hordes of Death from defiling an ancient Stormvault… but what lies within may be more dangerous than all the spirits and skeletal constructs of Shyish.

https://www.blacklibrary.com/prod-home/new/age-of-enlightenment-2019.html

• Like 8
  • LOVE IT! 2

4 minutes ago, smartazjb0y said:

So we're expecting JUST points updates? And are those supposed to come out today/in a few hours? 

Points updates are new for the Winter FAQ normally its just rules. This is new shift for GW. Depending on what they do this could be bigger than the GHB. Though GW has been going the light touch route for the last few updates.

Edit: Its a new shift but they've said for awhile they would look at points, at least for factions released before the GHB but not covered in it or the GHB FAQ (aka Fyreslayers and Slaanesh). So the only surprise is the other armies getting adjusted.

Edited by Forrix