Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

19 hours ago, Dreadmund said:

Anyone fancy doing some wild, totally unsupported speculation on what the Slaves to Darkness endless spells could be?

My first instinct is a fissure in the ground in the shape of the Chaos symbol that does mortals and a bravery debuff.

a sphere of twisting flesh with many arms like chaos spawns dealing mortals with chance to turn enemies into spawns

a giant flaming chaos sword (slayer oof kings avatar) buffing all units in range with mortal wounds and hits/wound/ecc : flaming chaos sword of ruin

Edited by calcysimon
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

20 hours ago, Dreadmund said:

Anyone fancy doing some wild, totally unsupported speculation on what the Slaves to Darkness endless spells could be?

My first instinct is a fissure in the ground in the shape of the Chaos symbol that does mortals and a bravery debuff.

I’m hoping for something daemonic and summoned the samewat Sylvaneth got their caterpillar wyrm, and bonreapers got Beta Nagash. So if it was summoned I’d quite like to see some sort Daemonic entity maybe ripping through reality from Wastes, so claws teeth eyes and tongue, free floating albeit by some clever strand from the rift touching some pillars. Like the realm portals fused with Fw lord of change summoning. 

As for Pure magic or similar, I’d rather like something Fiery and again maybe forming into a large Daemonic brute, could even resemble one, or a few of the FW Daemon Brutes.

Also terrain has been a key theme with most releases, and I haven’t seen what StD will recieve but I hope it’s covered with trophies and spikes that I can pillage for conversions. Otherwise a totem of the gods similar but more elaborate from the War shrines, with runes and blood moat, etc. 

3 hours ago, christophe said:

Nurgle should go under Order, same for Nagash :) While Khorne is clearly destruction 😜

I actually really enjoy thinking about the idea that if Sigmar were being honest with himself, he'd abdicate all his power and resources to Nagash. Nagash not only is the purest form of universal Order, he stands the best shot against Chaos.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I don't think Sigmar supports order on a conceptual level so much as a practical level. He's not Nagash, he wants individuals to be able to thrive. Almost like a middle ground between Nagash and Gorka Morka.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Carnelian said:

Preordered! 

IMG-20191130-WA0012.jpg

IMG-20191130-WA0013.jpg

Oh I almost forgot about that book! Always good to see more AoS books from Josh Reynolds! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gecktron said:

Oh I almost forgot about that book! Always good to see more AoS books from Josh Reynolds! 

Yes, and it sparks hope of warrior priests returning.

Looking at how cool the sisters range is, I can't wait for a Devoted of Sigmar release

• Like 2

It is a pity that several rumour reveal pictures, which we expect to be KO, turn out to be admech

2 minutes ago, darkspear said:

It is a pity that several rumour reveal pictures, which we expect to be KO, turn out to be admech

Will make some great kitbashes tho! 

11 hours ago, Sleboda said:

I actually really enjoy thinking about the idea that if Sigmar were being honest with himself, he'd abdicate all his power and resources to Nagash. Nagash not only is the purest form of universal Order, he stands the best shot against Chaos.

Why would he do that? Nagash wants a reality of stagnant unending death. Sigmar is fighting this war on behalf of the free peoples of the realms, so that they may grow and prosper. Sigmar's goals do not align with the Oblivion of Nagash. 

It is as Balthas Arum said, Sigmar  cherishes mortal kind.  

Also,  in Sigmar can be found the same themes and attributes as each of the dark gods. In there most positive manifestation.  

Sigmar is worshipped as a god of war and honor, strength and courage. Of militant might and  righteous wrath. Especially by the people's of Aqshy and Ghur. In this he reflects the themes of Khorne.

Sigmar is also worshipped as a god of Hope and liberation, especially by the oppressed and the enslaved. Many also view him as a god of progress, representing the ever-expanding transcended knowledge of the heavens. In this he reflects the themes of Tzeentch.

Sigmar is also worshipped as a god of  family, hearth, home and protection. And of healing/life, spring, summer and the bringer of rain.  He may even be viewed as a father figure. In this he reflects the themes of Nurgle.

Sigmar is also worshipped as a god of Art, beauty and  inspiration, as Azyr is the realm of dreams, wonder and imagination. In the Mortal realms some may even worship him as a god of virility, sex and pleasure. In this he reflects the themes of Slaanesh.

Sigmar embodies a vast array of emotions. He does not want to eliminate what makes people, people.

Edited by xking
  • Like 8

Just now, xking said:

Why would he do that? Nagash wants a reality of stagnant unending death. Sigmar is fighting this war on behalf of the free peoples of the realms, so that they may grow and prosper. Sigmar's goals do not align with the Oblivion of Nagash. 

Also,  in Sigmar can be found the same themes and attributes as each of the dark gods. In there most positive manifestation.  

Sigmar is worshipped as a god of war and honor, strength and courage. Of militant might and  righteous wrath. Especially by the people's of Aqshy and Ghur. In this he reflects the themes of Khorne.

Sigmar is also worshipped as a god of Hope and liberation, especially by the oppressed and the enslaved. Many also view him as a god of progress, representing the ever-expanding transcended knowledge of the heavens. In this he reflects the themes of Tzeentch.

Sigmar is also worshipped as a god of  family, hearth, home and protection. And of healing/life, spring, summer and the bringer of rain.  He may even be viewed as a father figure. In this he reflects the themes of Nurgle.

Sigmar is also worshipped as a god of Art, beauty and  inspiration, as Azyr is the realm of dreams, wonder and imagination. In the Mortal realms some may even worship him as a god of virility, sex and pleasure. In this he reflects the themes of Slaanesh.

Sigmar embodies a vast array of emotions. He does not want to eliminate what makes people, people.

I love this^^^ and it just goes to show how the Chaos gods are all of these in excess. Like everything is alright as long as its not in excess.

Also I can see a lot of KO conversions using the new Skitarii flier :)

3 hours ago, xking said:

Sigmar is also worshipped as a god of Hope

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment. At least with Nagash, you know where you stand and you are not burdened by aspirations of becoming something you are not.

Edited by Sleboda
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

Hope is the first step in the road to disappointment. At least with Nagash, you know where you stand and you are not burdened by aspirations of becoming something you are not.

Through Sigmar the weak are made strong, the Fallen are redeemed and the broken are reforged.

The Impossible is made possible, tornus is but the first of many.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Bryan I Guess said:

I love this^^^ and it just goes to show how the Chaos gods are all of these in excess. Like everything is alright as long as its not in excess.

Also I can see a lot of KO conversions using the new Skitarii flier :)

That is partially true, the dark gods are menevolent. They twist these things into the darkest aspects. 

Khorne wages Wars for the sake of war, violence and Slaughter.

Sigmar wages Wars for the sake  of reconquering the realms, freeing slaves and making things safe so that Mortals may prosper.

Khorne's idea of strength is that of the tyrant that enslaves and Slaughters, Only the Strong deserve to exist and the weak deserve to die. But Sigmar's idea of strength, is the strength to stand up against the tyrant slaughterer, and defend the weak. The weak deserve to be protected.

"Only the Strong deserve  to Survive" vs "the strong protect the weak"

Same thing "strength" and "War" two very different ways it can manifest.

Edited by xking

What I'd like is a proper God (or Gods) made from the Realms themselves, not just the leftovers we have at the moment.    Perhaps there will be a kingdom whose people are numerous enough and with enough strength of faith to will their God(s) into existence.  Then we could have some proper God wars.  The new to usurp the old and complete the cycle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aelfric said:

What I'd like is a proper God (or Gods) made from the Realms themselves, not just the leftovers we have at the moment.    Perhaps there will be a kingdom whose people are numerous enough and with enough strength of faith to will their God(s) into existence.  Then we could have some proper God wars.  The new to usurp the old and complete the cycle.

Yeah, I find Sigmar as a do it all god bland. Give me a pantheon!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Aelfric said:

Yeah, I find Sigmar as a do it all god bland. Give me a pantheon!

8 hours ago, xking said:

hold your demigryph mate Its bit to early to intruduce black rune stone and prime imbeciles plot to warhammer siggymar might be embodying all the chaos gods fluffs but lets remind our self what happened last guy who tried that he is catonic skelton in power  siphon  and all of his work decided to pull 180 and go back to ruin.

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Back to rumours please.

Im quite surprised nobody is getting excited about the Warhammer Story Forge and Media sneak peek. Yes it was 40k focused but if it’s successful could we see Age of Sigmar content....

58 minutes ago, khadgar567 said:

hold your demigryph mate Its bit to early to intruduce black rune stone and prime imbeciles plot to warhammer siggymar might be embodying all the chaos gods fluffs but lets remind our self what happened last guy who tried that he is catonic skelton in power  siphon  and all of his work decided to pull 180 and go back to ruin.

I don't know what you are talking about. But the emperor was not a god.

40 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Back to rumours please.

Im quite surprised nobody is getting excited about the Warhammer Story Forge and Media sneak peek. Yes it was 40k focused but if it’s successful could we see Age of Sigmar content....

That is kind of cool. I'd not spotted that at all, as I wasn't paying too much attention to the announcements that time around. There is definitely potential for some cool animated stuff there.

I kind of wish that whoever made the trailers for Total Warhammer would take their system for doing that, and just make a proper Warhammer animated series (either Old World, or AoS, I'm not fussy). All of those short trailer sequences are really cool, so if they've got the assets for all of those different troop types then it couldn't be that tricky to make a basic story using them.

I am not sold on the quality of those animations at all (which isn‘t the animations themselfs but their assets, lighting etc.)

I actually find it quite cool that GW brings with Katakross and St Katharines Triumph a somehow new kind of unit: A Group of Models/Heroes that form a one model squad with an defensive nature. Sort of huge defensive "monster" /" big thing". It is a new element that adds a lot to the games. Beeing overenthusiastic I belive you can compare it to the first time cavalery was introduced :D. I hope to see more of this over the course of time. Also I love the fact that we got the catapults. GW could release more altillery in my opinion as they proved to have damn cool ideas around for thoose :)

Also: Estimated 7-8h to Slaves to Darkness news. I am quite eager, especially as this will be a huge release in terms of kits. Seems like GW strategy is to have the stores full of new stuff for christmas shopping. We should propably get already a first glance at all new models today, including S2D Endless Spells and the Warcry kits. Latter one are a cool thing as we still do not know if thoose are repackages w/o cards, bigger sizes kits, new sprues or whatever. Nevertheless: Choo Choo, the Hype-Steam-Train is approaching from Greywater Fastness. End Station: Eightpoints and the Throne of the Everchosen! Choo Choo!

gwl.PNG.1af7de6e7969afe1856f78f7e12457df.PNG

• LOVE IT! 1