The Rumour Thread

2 minutes ago, Brucimus said:

As the Errant Questor is missing, does that make it invalid also?

I think it would be prudent to wait for an FAQ which will undoubtedly come before making assumptions. But unless GW explicitly states that the battalion is invalid for matched play, assume it is valid.

He is a Warhammer World exclusive and not on general sale, I would equate him to a Forge World model, none of which are in the GW books. Hopefully GW will clear this up and I'm hoping they will disallow any old stuff in matched play. Otherwise what's the point or doing an update? Leaving things out is as much of a design choice as putting new stuff in.

14 minutes ago, chord said:

Not true the app doesn't run on any of my devices. So the app is not the standard since its not universal

Also, whether or not they will be available for Matched Play doesn't mean they won't be around for Open/Narrative Play.  I think we should differentiate if we are talking about "X battalion is no longer valid" (as in, removed from the game) or "X battalion no longer has points" (as in, not usable in Matched Play which is a similar, but completely different, thing, since there is more than just Matched Play to consider.

Edited by wayniac
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, wayniac said:

Yeah but even so why would you ever not take it on a disc? Being on the disc is better in every way the fact that they cost the same points notwithstanding.

If I wanted no daemons in my tzeentch mortals army, or I preferred the look of all on foot maybe. 

Problem is when you say better in every way you do so in the context of points. If The foot guys had have been a third of the price maybe they would be better in every way. In narrative / open, where you decide how much they are worth, ideally they will end up being exactly as good as the ones on disks

1 hour ago, StealthKnightSteg said:

Concerning the validation of "missing" battalion scrolls as I see it: the whole Matched play points list in the SE (new) book invalidates the whole GHB v1.0 lists of SE and SE Extremis. In my opinion any other reasoning is just rules lawyering to keep your hopes up on keeping out of balance stuff viable

Maybe, but boy, it surely would be nice if GW would maintain a "currently valid" list somewhere, wouldn't it? 

It's getting more and more fractured and difficult to follow all the time. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sleboda said:

Maybe, but boy, it surely would be nice if GW would maintain a "currently valid" list somewhere, wouldn't it? 

It's getting more and more fractured and difficult to follow all the time. 

The worst part about it?  AoS isn't even 2 years old yet, and already we are seeing some of these issues.

• Like 1

Guys, I don't see why you are all getting upset. You want to play with points for competitive/tournaments/pick up games? To me this is easy as it seems everything you will need will be in the core battletomb and maybe Generals Handbook. Want to play pure Stormcast? Use the Stormcast book. Want some other stuff, use the General's Handbook.

If you don't care about points and want to do narrative or Age of Sigmar out of the box? You won't care about this issue ;) 

Seriously, GW do something cool and give you what you have been asking for and it's not what you wanted and it's like they have stolen your sandwich. I think this is really cool and I have no issue following what is going on. I love what they are doing and I can't wait to see what else they have up their sleeves considering we are only in February now!

Anyway, this thread is something about rumours or something.......

• Like 12

2 hours ago, wayniac said:

Also, whether or not they will be available for Matched Play doesn't mean they won't be around for Open/Narrative Play.  I think we should differentiate if we are talking about "X battalion is no longer valid" (as in, removed from the game) or "X battalion no longer has points" (as in, not usable in Matched Play which is a similar, but completely different, thing, since there is more than just Matched Play to consider.

Whenever you talk about validity you are pretty much always talking about matched play. You could use tuna cans and bottlecaps for models and 4th edition 40k rules in open play if you want, validity doesn't really apply.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen the battalion for the anvils of heldenhammer? Aka, the guys that are super easy to paint?

You need to take one Thunderhead Battalion with 3 units of Judicators instead of 2. Optional Lords of the Storm, up to 2 Thunderhead, up to 3 Hammerstrike.

Units within 8" of a Lords of the Storm hero roll a dice on the Hero Phase. On a 6, they can Move, Shoot, or Pile In.

Optional artifact - weapon. If you wound but don't kill a model with the weapon you choose, roll a dice. If it's higher than the Wounds characteristic, the model is slain.

Ability is nice but unreliable. Artifact is pretty bad since things you want to instagib (Heroes and Monsters) either are immune or need to roll to 6. Might be ok for fighting Brutes and stuff.

Overall not bad, cheap buy in with stuff you might want to take anyway. But nothing amazing imo.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Seriously, GW do something cool and give you what you have been asking for and it's not what you wanted and it's like they have stolen your sandwich.

Im sure they are doing what some ppl have asked for but who are those ppl.  getting input from a handful?

Last reply to this as this is a rumour thread and I think we should keep on topic. You can PM or start new thread if not happy. Anyway my reply...

5 minutes ago, chord said:

Im sure they are doing what some ppl have asked for but who are those ppl.  getting input from a handful?

Didn't they do a facebook post asking for input? Also we know there are people from the studio who keep an eye on social media and a few of them visit this forum. So I think they are getting plenty of input. Not happy with it, jump into the facebook post and say. ;) 

So quad relictor with 2 lightning chariots and 2 bless weapons on a unit of 12 hurricane crossbows and 9 longstrike crossbows? Or trips relictors with 2 bless weapons and 1 lightning chariot with a azyros and 12 longstrikes and 9 hurricanes? Lightning chariot prevents you from moving after, it doesn't count as moving.

Edited by BURF1
wording celestant only combat