Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

45 minutes ago, Nerdkingdan said:

What kind of content would another Stormcast box have?   What wasn't explored in a previous one?    

  

I would expect something you don't see played a ton, but still newish stuff. From the new chamber they could include a couple dracoline cavalry boxes, aventis firestrike for the centerpiece, castigarors, and then some sequitors to add draw and round it out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know on the subject of start collecting stormcast, I noticed how weak the current warrior chamber  box is now that we have a new starter. Particularly the lack of a full squad of retributors, which in the box only comes with two. I hope they make a new vanilla stormcast box, maybe with some Dracoth riders, a Castellant and some liberators?

Edited by Acid_Nine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who knows, maybe on the brightside it is a SCE containing box, not an exclusively SCE box. Ala Hammerhal boxset. It is weird 2/3 of those got reused.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be interesting to see a Sacrosanct SC set.  I'd be on that in seconds to nab the last of my Evocators and Sequitors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I keep following the French forum posted on the last page. They have a second source confirming pretty much everything concerning the Battleboxes.
They also say that Sisters of Battle will go on pre-order on Nov. 23rd, the second Psychic Awakening book (Black Templar VS Chaos) at the end of November (most likely the 30th), and the third PA book (Tyranids vs Blood Angels) at the end of December(28th?).

There's also a lot of excitement about the Tyranids box.

They don't have any information about content of the boxes.

Edited by Minis by Night
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nerdkingdan said:

What kind of content would another Stormcast box have?   What wasn't explored in a previous one?    

  

GW has no problem letting the content of battleforce boxes overlap so it could partly be something we've already seen in an early battleforce box.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think it's very likely to be the Sacrosanct Chamber, since they're the new thing, matched up against Nighthaunt.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Indecisive said:

I hope they differ tremendously from Soul Wars in that case.

It will as thoose boxes include the normal kits and not the monopose ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If they put Aventis Firestrike in the SC box, it is day one order for me. But I don't believe such a  miniature in this box.

I was surprised last week when I read this leak. The choice of Stormcast is obvious (as the 2 space marine are) , gloomspite is ok, but skaven?  nighthaunt? I thought that they at least put a CoS box with so many possibilities (or an orruk) . Skaven have already 2 SC! and NH have the starter. Strange choice of army boxes. 

On the other hand I guessed the 40k ones. So no surprise here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m ready to bet the Nighthaunt box will survive a long time, not as much as Slaves but it would need to have an amazing content to bring onboard new players who don’t already have everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There’s quite a lot of Nighthaunt units/models that arent in the starter, though.  Would probably be quite a good expansion to the starter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, depending on whats in it, I could see myself going for the Nighthaunt one. They have a lot of potential to grab people who bought Soul Wars and Storm Strike, but then didn't get much beyond those, and are eyeing the more expensive troop kits and the various bigger bits, but haven't gone for them yet. Since I consider some of those kits on an almost monthly basis, but haven't bought much more since the starter, I'm sure that I can't be the only one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep the content will be important and as I said it may attract the occasional Nighthaunt player but would need to be a really good deal to attract anyone who is already into a Nighthaunt army. I have all models and I may need a copy of one or two units to get to 20 models, but is unlikely I’ll get those I need in the same box... and I don’t need any hero, there’s over-abundance of heroes in Nighthaunt!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

Yep the content will be important and as I said it may attract the occasional Nighthaunt player but would need to be a really good deal to attract anyone who is already into a Nighthaunt army. I have all models and I may need a copy of one or two units to get to 20 models, but is unlikely I’ll get those I need in the same box... and I don’t need any hero, there’s over-abundance of heroes in Nighthaunt!

If you already have all the models in the army of any of these armies the boxes probably aren’t aimed at you. That’s hardly specific to the Nighthaunt one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I supect the Skaven box to include a Vermilord as the 2 skaven SC! already have almost everything covered except the Stormfiends. So, for me, in this box, I bet on Vermilord+stormfiend+bombardier (which is not available else where).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I was not clear, it is most likely that whoever was interested in Nighthaunt already got it rather than other armies, but maybe I’m wrong and will be the first box to be sold out. Let’s see

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

None of the 4 AoS boxes will be fast sold out except if they have an exceptional content: the skaven one with bombardier+vermilord is a good contender for fast sale. Stormcast, only if they include power units and a big monster like Aventis Firestrike. I don't think that the other 2 have enough success (in game & in sales) or player base to be sold out in a blink of a eye.

For 40K on the other hand....

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, alghero81 said:

Sorry I was not clear, it is most likely that whoever was interested in Nighthaunt already got it rather than other armies, but maybe I’m wrong and will be the first box to be sold out. Let’s see

Having everything for a given army is definitely the exception rather than the norm. For every one player who has bought all the nighthaunt you can expect there to be many who have only got a few, or didn't advance beyond the starter set. I'd consider myself quite a fan of them, but its taken me the better part of the year to get the starter set stuff completed to my satisfaction, so I'm only now thinking about expanding beyond that.

Those of us who post on the forums are always going to be the most engaged with the hobby, so its easy to forget that we are not necessarily representative of the market as a whole. Even if all of the main Nighthaunt players on here have complete collections, you can bet that there are more casual fans out in the wild who would be interested in such a set.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

Those of us who post on the forums are always going to be the most engaged with the hobby, so its easy to forget that we are not necessarily representative of the market as a whole. 

Haha I feel like this needs to be stickied at the top of every thread in every subforum on this site.  Or every time you go to hit Post on a new post, a pop-up comes up asking "Have you considered that those of us who post on the forums..." before you can post.  LOL

Edited by amysrevenge
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Haha I feel like this needs to be stickied at the top of every thread in every subforum on this site.  Or every time you go to hit Post on a new post, a pop-up comes up asking "Have you considered that those of us who post on the forums..." before you can post.  LOL

Yeah, that wouldn't be a bad idea. Though that said, I'm not trying to be critical of those who frequently forget this. Its just one of those things which is worth saying every so often!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nighthaunt I wouldn't buy, the army is really weak. If it has a lot of bladeghast and some chainrasps it might be decent for a LoN list. Otherwise while the model value may be high, the usable model value will be low. 

Stormcast and skaven may be OK. Gloomspite will probably be the same as nighthaunt. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

None of the 4 AoS boxes will be fast sold out except if they have an exceptional content: the skaven one with bombardier+vermilord is a good contender for fast sale. Stormcast, only if they include power units and a big monster like Aventis Firestrike. I don't think that the other 2 have enough success (in game & in sales) or player base to be sold out in a blink of a eye.

For 40K on the other hand....

 

Actually several AoS ones sold out really well last year. The ones that lingered were those that didn't have Battletomes and I recall one at least sold out very fast once a Tome was released for that army. Slaves to Darkness has held on through the year, but its also an army without a Tome. Heck Seraphon sold out and they haven't yet got a 2.0 Battletome (though they do have one at least). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't say that the AoS battleforces sold badly or will sale badly. 

Those that sold out were super good deal. Ex: DoK which doesn't have a SC! . I just say according to the current meta/game/sales, there should be good contenders and some outsiders. If the gloomspite has a good content, it can be sold out quicly. It is easy to do a themed battleforce. On the other hand, for NH, it'd be more difficult. I hope that the Stormcast one and the Skaven one will have the big guys included.

Edited by GeneralZero

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

Nighthaunt I wouldn't buy, the army is really weak. If it has a lot of bladeghast and some chainrasps it might be decent for a LoN list. Otherwise while the model value may be high, the usable model value will be low. 

Stormcast and skaven may be OK. Gloomspite will probably be the same as nighthaunt. 

Personally I couldn't care less about that. If I think an army is cool I'll buy into it regardless of whether it's strong or not. I'm not playing warhammer just to win tournaments after all. 

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...