The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Emissary said:

Just heard from my supplier that Feast of Bones will retail for $195 US.

Interesting. I assume this is a reliable source? Someone recently showed off the Australian prices and it looked like the boxes were going to go for $230. Perhaps they saw how upset people were about the 230 and decided to notch it down a tad.

1 minute ago, Mutton said:

Interesting. I assume this is a reliable source? Someone recently showed off the Australian prices and it looked like the boxes were going to go for $230. Perhaps they saw how upset people were about the 230 and decided to notch it down a tad.

The AUS prices indicate lower than $230 (Blood of the Phoenix is $230 USD, but $390 AUS, while Tithe is $320 AUS). 

I've also seen $195, assuming the person I heard it from is different from the quoted source lol 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mutton said:

It's from the supplier for the game store.  

The other prices were fairly standard, but I only asked about the Bonereapers:

$40 for the battletome
$50 for the Bone Tithe Nexus
$20 for the Warscroll Cards
$35 for the dice
$35 for the Endless Spells

• Thanks 1

Reaper article! https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/10/21/model-focus-ossiarch-bonereapersgw-homepage-post-1/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Facebook&utm_campaign=AoS&utm_content=aosossiarchs211019&fbclid=IwAR2kYiQlROvPYt6wqnbRMzIcDEphcJT8KZj8BXE5dAH_459-IRbIbZ4SPUk

includes a designers interview and shows off the sprue for the 3 new model kits in the launch box. 

Also

"While the Mortek Guard and Necropolis Stalkers will be available separately the week after the release of Feast of Bones, Vokmortian will initially only be available in this set. If you want to add him to your collection, make sure to pre-order yours this weekend!"

• Sad 3

Nice article but now we want some rules GW!!! 😂😂😂

Speaking about the future I would strongly bet into a new army coming in 2020 for AoS, they haven’t missed one year so far and there’s just so much hinted and unexplored to start giving up now. 

For the other armies would be nice to have an update style Psychic Awakening. Not complaining but LoN still have the 6+ rule on some models instead of the natural 6, absence of comprehensive warscroll battalions, faction specific endless spells and an easy win with some graveyards kits as scenery... In saying that it’s also possible LoN will not receive any support and Death will be slowly reinforced by individual and cohesive armies. OBR tome will most likely give us a good hint on this trajectory (and maybe Nagash back to 800 points?)

59 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I strongly disagree, or well at least for the ones other than LoN which has settled down to be fairly good but also with counters. 

Deepkin desperately need a new book. The only viable competitive build is to spam Morrsarr guard. Eidolons, Sharks, Turtles, Lotann, Reavers and the Soul Render are completely unusable. Thralls are only usable if you want to take 3 x 10 and a tidecaster general. The spell lore is terrible, the only usable command trait is plus 2 wounds, the artefacts are all worse than the malign sorcery options. The battalions are unusable. Furthermore, a lot of the intended internal synergies, such as Soulrender + Thralls just don't work. 

Nurgle are just too weak all over. The Blightkings need their ability to trigger on unmodified 6s. The whole army needs a damage increase. I don't play Nurgle so can't comment too much, but the stats speak for themselves.

DoK are also too powerful, but also suffer from a particularly unengaging playstyle. The sheer amount of rerolls their army has access to means they will always be in the top tiers. The only reason the army isn't totally dominating is because of the utter ****** show that is Slaanesh and the wonky point values of Skaven.

Let’s just wait until all the 2.0 tomes are out before getting greedy...

58 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

... and that the ultra frustrating teleport and summoning abilities go the heck away.

So the only things keeping Seraphon competitive?  Most Seraphon warscrolls kind of suck so without the objective-play shenanigans they wouldn't get by for long.

53 minutes ago, Emissary said:

It's from the supplier for the game store.  

The other prices were fairly standard, but I only asked about the Bonereapers:

$40 for the battletome
$50 for the Bone Tithe Nexus
$20 for the Warscroll Cards
$35 for the dice
$35 for the Endless Spells

Any word on a special edition? I always get those for my favorite armies, and I expect this one to become my new #1 right away.

2 minutes ago, willange said:

So the only things keeping Seraphon competitive?  Most Seraphon warscrolls kind of suck so without the objective-play shenanigans they wouldn't get by for long.

Because both are automatic and totally under the control of the lizard player, a competent player will dictate the game with interaction from the opponent most of the time. It's not fun, not a co-experience, and, often, too powerful.

• Thanks 1

The eternal struggle; preorder a box to guarantee you get the named hero but risk the army being awful rules wise (and stuck with half a box of Ogors 🤢) or hold off to see how the rules settle and risk that model being a must have and trying to trawl one up from eBay. Decisions, decisions.

Have we had any really awful armies in AoS? I'm aware that there's a few who are not considered "top tier broken" but overall they are all pretty solid releases thus far. There will likely be split boxes on ebay for a while after the sets go live; so you'll have some time after launch to get the box. Of course how long and at what prices is always hard to tell. 

In theory you could order the Battletome and many retail stores send out product just shy of a day or two before they go on sale so you might get it on the Friday from a 3rd party store. That would give you a night to read over and decide and make a purchase choice on launch day. 

18 minutes ago, Overread said:

Far as I'm aware GW special edition Battletomes/Codex are direct order products and GW only sells them through their own store. So we wont' be seeing prices for them as the price lists all come from 3rd party stores. Though I'd expect them at the normal rate 

Good point.

21 minutes ago, Overread said:

Have we had any really awful armies in AoS? I'm aware that there's a few who are not considered "top tier broken" but overall they are all pretty solid releases thus far. 

My only experience has mostly been with Nighthaunt which just aren't hanging competitively at all.  Legion of Grief makes an appearance here and there but straight Nighthaunt isn't even showing up anymore.  NH and LoG didn't even make it on the top 65 at the Warhammer World GT, and at the most recent Facehammer GT the highest Nighthaunt was 67th and highest LoG was 9th (2nd highest was 76th).  

21 minutes ago, Overread said:

In theory you could order the Battletome and many retail stores send out product just shy of a day or two before they go on sale so you might get it on the Friday from a 3rd party store. That would give you a night to read over and decide and make a purchase choice on launch day. 

I'm more thinking about where the army will be 3-6 months from now, when people have time to iterate on lists, it'll be too difficult to discern how well the named hero fits in the competitive Ossiarch lists in just one night, unless he's super obviously bad/good but I think the balancing is more subtle than that these days.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Overread said:

GW has said nothing, in fact Gutbusters was the last of the AoS reveals (that I can recall) for the year that GW has shown off. Not forgetting that we've still more Bonereaper stuff to come. 

There is rumour that there is or was one more tome after Gutbusters for the year, but that's only been casual rumour. It also came with the fact that the Sylvaneth delay earlier in the year might well have pushed the tome after Gutbusters into 2020. That said even if there's no more tomes there's only 4 more to update going into 2020. So by April/May we could be fully done! Esp as both 40K and AoS no longer have any full army rumours or hints for the first part of 2020. After Sisters and Ossiarchs I'd expect a bit of a break from big army releases. That said AoS still has the dark and light aelf rumours to contend with. 

Thereafter I'd expect to see potential developed in Death and Destruction. Death still has Vampires who look good for an overhaul and update; whilst Destruction might get something new - who knows. Suffice it to say that even without light and dark aevles Order is very nicely full and with each of the gods doing their own armies Chaos is very full as well. 

That’s not true, Games Workshop did say there’d be another Chaos tome this year. But that was back in May, so I would assume it’s slipped back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sleboda said:

Because both are automatic and totally under the control of the lizard player, a competent player will dictate the game with interaction from the opponent most of the time. It's not fun, not a co-experience, and, often, too powerful.

Well I can't really argue whether or not it is fun or a co-experience since that's really just opinion vs. opinion, but I would disagree that it's "too powerful" judging from tournaments.  Seraphon win sometimes, but they're not exactly dominant.  That said, I'd be all for the summoning and teleportation being toned down if the warscrolls also get updated to stand on their own feet.   I suppose it's a bit like Idoneth in that there's 1 or 2 competitive builds that can be a bit much for casual play, but everything else is on the weak-side. I suppose this is a discussion better saved for the Seraphon thread though.

29 minutes ago, HollowHills said:

I hope so. I'd like a Tyrant given that he's unlikely to be available for a long time after. 

Yea I would strongly recommend Ogre fans split a box and get ahold of the Tyrant if possible. The Arch Revenant came out in Looncurse in May and immediately sold out. So that's over five months of waiting for a model to be repackaged with no end in sight. Prices on ebay are outrageous.

Its hard to swallow 6+ months of waiting for model repackages, especially considering codex release cycles are usually ~2 years.