The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, trolemon said:

While I am happy that the ogors battletome is confirmed, I can't help but feel shafted as an orruk player given ogors get a new model, dice, and terrain (orruks got diddly squat on that front).

It was cool to see Orruks combined with some new units, however I really feel GW missed an opportunity to give Ironjawz a new kit (and Fyreslayers too), as they have few options for miniatures in their faction.

Just now, Sabotage! said:

I wonder if this set is going to be an early release set (as the Sisters box is rumored to be) where the box comes out and then no more Ossiarchs  until early next year. It's really strange to see an entirely new faction in a battle box also.

It's a marketing way to make you start an ogor army :)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

Another thing worth noting is that this boxed set looks to be HUGELY imbalanced in favor of the death side, cost-wise. 

6 Ogors, 2 Leadbelchers, and an Ironblaster = $95 MSRP, plus the tyrant

We don't know the costs of the Death side yet, but I'd be surprised if the Mortek Guard are any less than $50 for 10 and the Necropolis Stalkers probably are $50-$60 per 3. Morghasts are $60 for 2. 

So I'm guessing the Death side will have an MSRP of something like $160-170 plus the hero.

Our most recent comparison, Looncurse, has the Sylvaneth side coming in at $138 plus hero and the Gloomspite part coming in at $95 plus the hero. So that's a total value of $233 plus heroes.  Carrion Empire had a total box value of $275 plus the heroes.

Blood of the Phoenix has a value of $185 plus the new units and heroes. I honestly don't know what the Incubi and Howling Banshees would cost at retail, but I'd be shocked if they were more than 40-50 for 5 models. So that puts the total box value of Blood of the Phoenix at $265-285 or so plus the heroes.

Feast of Bones looks to be something like $255-265 plus the heroes.

I'm guessing we will see a $230 USD MSRP for Feast of Bones just like Blood of the Phoenix.

This is also a little bit concerning for me. A 50:50 Split is the usual way to go here where I live, which means for me as Mawtribes Player I am allowed to either subvent other Death Players or explain them why I would like to pay less just to look like a greedy ogor myself...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, christophe said:

It's a marketing way to make you start an ogor army :)

That wouldn't surprise me, or to get Ossiarch players who are impatient to buy the box even if they really don't want the Ogre stuff. That said this is all conjecture at this point and all the other OB stuff could be out soon.

I do like Ogres, though I'm still holding out for Slaves or a new Human army.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I really don't get GW marketing. Whole week some boring stuff on the w-c and then all of a sudden they give kind of preorder preview without any introduction. We are talking here about brand new large army and two battletomes. 

This week will have the articles about the tomes and stuff before they go up Saturday. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Aryann said:

I really don't get GW marketing. Whole week some boring stuff on the w-c and then all of a sudden they give kind of preorder preview without any introduction. We are talking here about brand new large army and two battletomes. 

That's how it works. They announce the preorders, THEN start previewing. 

Also, they've been posting random articles on the Bonereapers already. Last week previewed one of the units, yesterday did a lore dump. 

Glad for other fantasy army getting revamped but i have some "grudges" with how my two army get the ugly stick of this revamp:

Goblins:got a soap tome with HUGE number of new kits,new units,heros and scenary with endless spells

Beast of chaos:another soap tome with zero new kits or units,new scenary and endless spells

Dark elfs(daugthers of khain faction):some new kits,new heros and units 

Death:legion of nagash soap tome with every unit and many new heroes and units(nigthaunt)

Bonesplitters:soap tome with ironjawz,nothing new,neither endless spells or scenary BUT nothing have deleted

Flesh eaters:they got endless spells and scenary

Skavens:huge rangue of minis and they havent get deleted heroes in metal,got scenary and endless spells

Now ogors:new soap tome with nothing deleted,new hero and new scenary

Then we have the ****** that have been done with citys of sigmar:

NOTHING NEW,no new kits,units,scenary,endless spells.....nothing

80% of the high elf rangue deleted

40% of the dwarf rangue deleted(even more if we count the cannon and organ as dwarf)

So why every fantasy army have got this deal of nothing(or almost nothing) being deeted and getting new minis or scenary etc but dwarfs and high elfs have been the customers that have been ******?

Dwarf and high elfs players spend less money in our army than other?are our boxes cheaper?both answer are no,so if we pay the same money than every other player because only those two armys have been ******?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Blightzkrieg said:

I noticed the unboxing video refers to Ogors as Ogres 😂

I'm sure one day GW will finally adjust

Isn't that the point of the pronunciation though? That 'orruk' and 'ogor' are close enough to the older terms that you can just slur it a little and it'll be fine?  "Oh-ger" vs "Oh-gor". I know I'll be in the grave before I go to the trouble of adjusting my terminology for that.

1 minute ago, sandlemad said:

Isn't that the point of the pronunciation though? That 'orruk' and 'ogor' are close enough to the older terms that you can just slur it a little and it'll be fine?  "Oh-ger" vs "Oh-gor". I know I'll be in the grave before I go to the trouble of adjusting my terminology for that.

I meant they actually spell it as Ogre when they list the models included. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blightzkrieg said:

I meant they actually spell it as Ogre when they list the models included. 

Oh, so they do! I see they also spell Leadbelchers as two words rather than one, so perhaps this was a hastily put-together video. They also show three leadbelchers when there's only two in the box...

Well I'm happy we got a boxset with all new kits on one side vs some old and ONE new character on the other... Erratic GW once again ;) 

But yeah, two Battletomes ; really looking forward to see the full OBR rosters and rules.

And I have to say the artworks from yesterday and the one on the warscroll cards picture are really good.

--

Are the Mortek Guard on 25 or 28mm bases ? Can someone please ask on Facebook (I don't have an account anymore)...

10 minutes ago, CitizenX said:

Just realized that if you buy a box of leadbelchers to go with the two in this box you have enough to make two min size units. (provided they don't change the min unit size)

Warscroll for ironguts says 1 in 4 for the banner so they have increased the unit size for them, I assume the same will be true for leadbelchers. 

10 minutes ago, CitizenX said:

Just realized that if you buy a box of leadbelchers to go with the two in this box you have enough to make two min size units. (provided they don't change the min unit size)

The unit sizes are almost certainly changing. The Ironguts warscroll now says 1 in every 4 Ironguts can use a banner, which would make them units of 4 instead of the old 3 (which makes sense since their boxes give you 4 models). I'm guessing Leadbelchers will be in units of 2, because the FoB gives you two, and it'd be ridiculous for them to give you a couple models you couldn't use...especially since the Soul Wars fiasco.