These are screenshots from a trailer they accidentally posted early

Hopefully the mods have no problem with me posting them here

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Wow these look so much better than the current ghouls, really hope to see an updated box of them that look as good as these one day. The bats could totally be used as Fell Bats in AoS as well, in fact I'd go so far as to say that is exactly what they are.

• Like 1

There's still a lot of race-specific keywording in abilities, which makes me wonder just how efficient mixed armies will be. Big winners for Cities:

Runelords can also dispel 1 endless spell in the hero phase, in a addition to their unbind, AND still get +2 to the roll.

Longbeards can grumble about malign sorcery and dispel 1 endless spell. Maybe my favorite rule change.

Nomad Prince has an amazing hero debuff that doesn't require any kind of roll and has a decent range.

Eternal Guard are hitting on 2+, wounding on 3+, with a 3+ save as long as they didn't move.

Pheonix Guard have rend!

14 minutes ago, Mutton said:

There's still a lot of race-specific keywording in abilities, which makes me wonder just how efficient mixed armies will be.

I was hoping for a little more cross-race synergy, epscially since I'd be running Dispossed along side some very short Freeguild handgunners, crossbows and guards, plus a much flatter helblaster vollygun.

Edited by bsharitt

54 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I was hoping for a little more cross-race synergy, epscially since I'd be running Dispossed along side some very short Freeguild handgunners, crossbows and guards, plus a much flatter helblaster vollygun.

Well you answered your own question.

They are not supposed to combine the best of all armies into one army. You can't have best movement, best magic, best shooting, best offense and best defense.

Sorry

6 minutes ago, Zanzou said:

If I'm reading this correctly... Can anyone tell me a possibility as to why they would have only kept 1 poor unit with the "devoted of sigmar" keyword, when all of the other devoted of sigmar (who would give buffs) have been removed?

I would guess there was a non-zero chance that some of the decision to remove models were made after the battletome was done. Maybe there's a chance the excelcior warpriest is in the book(but I guess that's unlikely since he's probably be up for preorder), Though Shadow Warriors did get moved to shadow blades, so there was some shuffling to accommodate removals.

4 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

I would guess there was a non-zero chance that some of the decision to remove models were made after the battletome was done. Maybe there's a chance the excelcior warpriest is in the book(but I guess that's unlikely since he's probably be up for preorder), Though Shadow Warriors did get moved to

shadow blades, so there was some shuffling to accommodate removals

From the warscrolls in the table of contents in the book, I cannot find any other devoted of sigmar which is very questionable...

image.png.ec9225b42ca9d2201bd6236f65445614.png

Went immediately to the Kharybdyss warscroll to see if the most pathetic and utterly irrelivant rule in the game (i.e. Kharybdyss healing) had improved.

Wow, yes it has.

Before: If slay a model with the Fanged Tentacles (only), roll a D6 and on a 6 (i.e. 1-in-6 chance) get one wound. WTF!

After: If slay a model (with any weapon), always heal D3.

Also, I am picturing the Darkling Covens players ripping all the skull heads from their Executioners right now, and frantically clipping the Black Guard heads from the sprues.

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, bsharitt said:

After sleeping a night over the changes and first impressions:
Duardin-non-hero-Units with an natural 3+ Save are actually amazing.

• Thanks 1

Reviews of the new mini rulebook.

Overall sounding really good and cuts down on a lot of bulk carrying of rules. The only things I think that really feel like they are missing that would have been nice to add are the mercenary and meeting engagement rules; otherwise they seem really well put together. I can accept FAQ/Errata not being thrown in because they tend to update fairly often and the logistics of design, print, ship, supply of a physical book would have left it already out of date in those terms by the time it arrived now (to say nothing of in under a month when Orruks and Cities get FAQ and Errata documents of their own).