The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Raviv said:

Does the comment at the end about this going up for preorder only in two weeks applies to everything or just the middle-earth stuff?

Maybe it's just a mistake?

It's either a mistake or relates only to the Middle Earth content. The article starts out specifically saying that next week was the preorder date and the video for Cities also confirms preorderon the 28th. 

Now it could turn into a 2 week pre-order, but considering the only "new" product are 2 getting started sets, scrolls and books I can't see as (at present) there's any volume there to really warrant a 2 week pre-order phase. 

A small observation on the General Warscroll is that he still has the Freeguild keyword. Presumably that will true for all (or at least most) of the other subfactions.

Also that Greywater SC is basically most of the Dispossessed line in a box, so that's neat.

Edited by madmac

11 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

Worth the wait! Those start collecting are great, and Cities is shaping up to be pretty awesome for the lore and setting. I'm happy that Mawtribes wasn't sandwiched in honestly! Best case scenario we get out book sometime in October, and then the boneboyz come out for early/mid November! 

Bonereapers are already confirmed to be the major October release with Sisters of Battle in November. Ogres thus far are expected to be well after Bonereapers and might even be after the Sisters of Battle too. 

34 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

So it was true no new miniature, spell or faction terrain but seems they compensated with lots of lore in both books and two unexpected Start Collecting. Excited to see the changes to the warscrolls!!!

Maybe. They will spend all week doing previews so there may very well be a new model or two coming. 

Edited by Laststand
Typo

11 minutes ago, Laststand said:

Maybe. They will spend all week doing previews so there may very well be a new model or two coming. 

They've had plenty of chances to confirm whether or not new models are coming, they would have done so if there were.

There's been no mention of terrain, nothing on endless spells, and nothing even hinting at the possibility of new kits. Anyone hoping that either army will get new stuff are just setting themselves up for disappointment.

48 minutes ago, Fellman said:

Can some one read the warscrols for on the pictures seems to be germen?
the general lock lick he heas rend -2 and the megabos onley has one wepon profil 

I did my best for the megaboss and transated his abilities in the warclans thread. The Freeguild general is much easier to read

The best you'd get is a returned removed kit. At this stage Cities and Orruks are rescue/update Battletomes. New stuff comes in the form of sideways expansion into other forces allied to them through the new Tomes. So whilst there's nothing new, in theory, you can now get models from a wider range of armies into your army. 

58 minutes ago, Fellman said:

Can some one read the warscrols for on the pictures seems to be germen?
the general lock lick he heas rend -2 and the megabos onley has one wepon profil 

5 wounds, 5 move, save 4, bravery 8

One weapon profile, a greatsword, which is the same as the current 3/3+/3+/-2/1d3.

Mortal wounds extra on 6 to hit.

+1 bravery for troops within 18"

Hold the line seems to still exist, and the same as it is now. Three Freeguild troops get +1 to hit and wound, but sacrifice movement.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Overread said:

The best you'd get is a returned removed kit. At this stage Cities and Orruks are rescue/update Battletomes. New stuff comes in the form of sideways expansion into other forces allied to them through the new Tomes. So whilst there's nothing new, in theory, you can now get models from a wider range of armies into your army. 

Yeah, this is what I feared. Just a holdover to keep people buying until the molds wear out.

• Sad 2

12 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Yeah, this is what I feared. Just a holdover to keep people buying until the molds wear out.

It's not that dire  -  its just cities and orruks are like many other AoS forces in need of updates, but just not getting a turn this time around. Don't forget Skaven only got 1 new model and they've got a huge legacy range of metals and finecasts to replace. 

Meanwhile Eldar from 40K needed a huge update and are only just getting the beginning of an update to their heavy finecast and old plastic. GW is sure to update most its just a case of wiating for them to have space and a slot to fit everyone in.

Regardless the new book is a reason to celebrate as hopefully most of what is in will remain steadfast for the life of AoS; being replaced with upgraded designs in the future and if removed the only alongside GW adding new toys to play with. Once Slaves is out we can then really celebrate that the dark "model removal "era of AoS should be over!

• Like 2

Finally! Really looking forward to the articles this week. I've been wanting to build a dwarf theme army with the model kits that came out during 8th since... well 8th. The Greywater Fastness SC is perfect for me. I hope the dispossessed dwarfs are going up to 2 wounds each.