Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I think the idea is that while Warcry is fun and all, it's not the same as getting actual AoS stuff.  I've been pretty disappointed in the pre-orders for like 2 months now.

• Like 2

As usual Seraphon is forgotten again, no word, no nothing on them either. The battletome is absolutely useless to own right now, nothing in it is valid anymore or FAQd in some way.

1 minute ago, Scurvydog said:

As usual Seraphon is forgotten again, no word, no nothing on them either. The battletome is absolutely useless to own right now, nothing in it is valid anymore or FAQd in some way.

Well hopefully they get remade into the Space slann with weird celestial tech 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Overread said:

Slaves to Darkness is the last big Tome where I think we will see some losses - I'm right now expecting to see all the finecast exalted Chaos lords vanish simply because there are already plastic lords and we don't "need" the finecast. Meanwhile Marauders could vanish on foot (replaced by Warcry warbands) and we could even see a few others like Chaos chosen removed. 

I guess Seraphon will be losing many models as well. There is a lot of failcast. Salamanders, razordons, chameleon skinks, kroxigors, sunblood, eternity warden, slann, kroak. The heroes are still pretty good but the artillery and skinks are getting trashed I imagine. Most of the range is in not in a good shape as well. Warriors look very static and tiny compared to other infantry in the game.  Cold ones are 'derpy'. The only up to date kits are: carnosaur/troglodon, bastiladon, engine of the gods, ripperdactyls/terradons and skink starpriest.  Aaand maaaybe Guards. I am not sure where GW is gonna go with this army but it can be anything between being totally squatted and getting like 6 new kits.

1 hour ago, kuroyume said:

Warcry is not AoS, just like Aeronautica is not 40k

You can use the models in AoS meaning that it is actually a release for AoS as well, it's just not what you wanted. Comparing Warcry to Aeronautica in this way makes no sense.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Mateusz said:

I guess Seraphon will be losing many models as well. There is a lot of failcast. Salamanders, razordons, chameleon skinks, kroxigors, sunblood, eternity warden, slann, kroak. The heroes are still pretty good but the artillery and skinks are getting trashed I imagine. Most of the range is in not in a good shape as well. Warriors look very static and tiny compared to other infantry in the game.  Cold ones are 'derpy'. The only up to date kits are: carnosaur/troglodon, bastiladon, engine of the gods, ripperdactyls/terradons and skink starpriest.  Aaand maaaybe Guards. I am not sure where GW is gonna go with this army but it can be anything between being totally squatted and getting like 6 new kits.

Seraphon is different if only because they already have a battletome. That gives their army a bit more resilience because GW has already had their army confirmed as an entity and feature for AoS. So there's far less chance of losing things than for Slaves to Darkness who have had no official tome through the life of AoS. Seraphon is more likely to be one of the factions that will keep its finecast and any metal (if its got any) for a longer period until such time as GW can replace it. They might replace it like for like - new plastic sculpts - or remove some models and add some new ideas into the force as a replacement.

There'd be no gain for GW to remove lots of models from them now because it would spark a huge problem of trust within the battletome system. IF players feel like their models are not going to "last" it can drive them away from the game FAST. GW gets some leeway with armies with no Tome at present because in theory they aren't confirmed for the game; though even then its a very bitter pill to take and I can bet a lot of old high elf players are in the same pot as tombkings and bretonnia players. Though HE have one saving grace that is the "new" light aelf army that GW has been teasing us with for years since AoS started but have yet to release. We know its out there; just not in what form (heck the Slaanesh book made it sound like it would come out as a combined Aelf battletome with just one or two new models - though the Free Cities book squashes that totally) 

2 hours ago, Overread said:

We have no confirmation that there is one. Right now the last tome is Bonereapers. After that there is "something" for Ogres which will involve a new leader, other than that we don't know.

I thought the book was confirmed?

5 minutes ago, AthlorianStoners said:

I thought the book was confirmed?

I think we've had some confirmation by people asking at the events that Beastclaw Raiders are in the book with Gutbusters but I don't think we've yet had a firm confirmation that the Ogres are 100% getting a book this year. It looks very likely though, and hopefully it is the case. 

Just now, Overread said:

I think we've had some confirmation by people asking at the events that Beastclaw Raiders are in the book with Gutbusters but I don't think we've yet had a firm confirmation that the Ogres are 100% getting a book this year. It looks very likely though, and hopefully it is the case. 

Vince did note on a Warhammer Weekly that Mawtribes, the battletome, is coming. It was brought up at an event in a Q/A, and GW said they thought they had confirmed it, but affirmed it to them there. But with the release packed its anyones guess when. Could be stuffed in with CoS and Warclans, or closer to christmas. Though I have not heard anything concrete about BCR being included. Its heavily speculated they are folding the factions back together, but any confirmation its happening would be welcome haha.

4 hours ago, Forrix said:

I feel like it's a passion project for Sam Pearson that he pushed through. I have high hopes for the book itself and feel GW has massively underestimated how popular it is going to be.

I don’t think they have. I understand people being bit annoyed about the “lull” between AOS releases but I suspect a few things are in play...

1) Space Marines are a big money earner so makes sense for GW to push them out quickly

2) Whatever delayed Sylvaneth May have delayed other things

whatever happens, I’m hoping the Cities book appears soon as I have a small stash I think I might work around with it as a Dogs of War type army...00D0CE23-2033-4C58-85D9-AE297D2A90FD.jpeg.88e86bec48e9afdf8bc513a60f1f683e.jpegFF04D2F7-D042-4A8A-AD4D-05E6F00FCDF4.jpeg.48de9b8d53e7cd972769ef7be66c2fe9.jpeg5C67CD14-A5F2-4C75-9C45-01E9BBB06119.jpeg.dfd2521ba28936d2a00990126e685779.jpegA9D71B01-09AE-4C89-94F3-5191BB8D612C.jpeg.4d6b1c5d78c21f42103365b9c7847ad6.jpeg

• Like 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

This reminds me that I really need to get on and list the stuff up I want to trade away (again) and actually get it to darn wel SELL this month! So that I've got some coin (and space) for Bonereapers!

Why do people keep saying things GW has no faith in the book, they don't care about cos or it must be delayed?

GW have their release schedule in place for a long time. They have to for logistics sakes. Yes sometimes things go wrong like sylvaneth but otherwise I'm betting the CoS battletome is being released when it's supposed to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ogregut said:

Why do people keep saying things GW has no faith in the book, they don't care about cos or it must be delayed?

Mostly because the removal of models happened with a big lag time before the release of the book. So currently those players most interested in the Cities book (esp any highelf players) have had toys taken away from them and nothing to let them use what remains. It means that they are left frustraited and not able to do much - they can't even spend money since they don't know exactly how the armies within the book will function nor what the stats are. It leaves them in a limbo.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

31 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

GW have their release schedule in place for a long time. They have to for logistics sakes. Yes sometimes things go wrong like sylvaneth but otherwise I'm betting the CoS battletome is being released when it's supposed to.

Mostly because GW does not communicate about bad news, and they have not been communicating about it.

We don't even know whether the culling was the only one for CoS, and there are signs it may not be.

I’m really curious how the cities of Sigmar “command retinue” will be represented.

looking at how 40k does it could be a clue, but without new kits I’m at a loss how it could be represented.

Edited by Mandzak-Miniatures

People at the Nova event said he works like a Video Game boss where you are taking out his minions as he brackets and only face the big bad at the end.

Should be interesting as it probably means he's at his most useful as a support piece at full health and at his best as a beat stick when bracketed.

3 minutes ago, Eldarain said:

People at the Nova event said he works like a Video Game boss where you are taking out his minions as he brackets and only face the big bad at the end.

Should be interesting as it probably means he's at his most useful as a support piece at full health and at his best as a beat stick when bracketed.

Oops I see that I didn’t clarify the Cities of Sigmar command squad that’s been rumored

22 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Mostly because GW does not communicate about bad news, and they have not been communicating about it.

We don't even know whether the culling was the only one for CoS, and there are signs it may not be.

But what bad news? Had the book not been shown at NOVA, no one would have known it was coming. It's because it wasn't released within a short time period of the preview, people get their tin foil hats on.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, Overread said:

Mostly because the removal of models happened with a big lag time before the release of the book. So currently those players most interested in the Cities book (esp any highelf players) have had toys taken away from them and nothing to let them use what remains. It means that they are left frustraited and not able to do much - they can't even spend money since they don't know exactly how the armies within the book will function nor what the stats are. It leaves them in a limbo.

Pretty much spot on though I'll add that the lack of community article to accompany the Cull and the Nova blunder are giving me the impression that its not something they care to push much.

4 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

But what bad news? Had the book not been shown at NOVA, no one would have known it was coming. It's because it wasn't released within a short time period of the preview, people get their tin foil hats on.

It was previewed on the Open day on 7-20 on we haven't heard anything since then other than a significant purge of the Order factions that will make up Cities which leaves them in an even more unplayable state than they were before. GW reps flat out refused to discuss the battletome at Nova stating it's release was so soon it was pointless. Then GW proceeded to release stuff previewed at NOVA. 

I'm buried in a Gloomspite project at the moment so it isn't really the biggest deal to me but the roll out is bizarre and frustrating. At this point it would make far more sense for the NOVA and Sigmar Open Day previews to have been swapped. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

17 minutes ago, Ogregut said:

They stated at Nova the book was coming so soon, it was useless to talk about it. But stuff they did talk about is out earlier. Not to mention that GW often really likes to talk about stuff if it's close.

So my guess is a second round of culling, because that's something they don't want to talk about (and might become obvious if they spoke about the book), and suddenly you can't find whole factions anymore.

Edited by zilberfrid
  • LOVE IT! 1

35 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Oops I see that I didn’t clarify the Cities of Sigmar command squad that’s been rumored

Oh. I hadn't seen that rumor. Sound interesting. Be cool if it allowed the cities to field a ton of cheap heroes. I'm hoping an MSU approach can work with the new book. CCG combo boosted Hordes is getting old.

A second round of culls after the backlash would explain the quiet and lack of Nova coverage for sure.

15 minutes ago, Eldarain said:

A second round of culls after the backlash would explain the quiet and lack of Nova coverage for sure.

Yes. I wonder what they'll cut next. Phoenix Temple would get rid of the rest of the the high elves, but my bet is on a few of the following: drakespawn knights, remaining chariot, black ark fleetmaster, black ark corsairs, asassin, battlewizards, flagellants, luminark/hurricanum, outriders/pistoleers, 

5 hours ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Well hopefully they get remade into the Space slann with weird celestial tech 

I thought they just got a new book?  Ohhh that was Slannesh.  Slann, Slannesh pretty much the same thing, right?

😁