The Rumour Thread

3 minutes ago, Overread said:

To be fair most armies had a siege engine/war engines until the great culling of the launch of AoS. 

Elves lost all their bolt throwers - several other catapults and weapons also got generally lost and removed from the game. Heck GW even one time did a whole castle siege expansion for Old World which had some wall segments and generic siege weapons (ladder, tower, ram). 

Personally as cool as those things look I always felt the scale is wrong for them in AoS/Old World. Neat and fun to play don't get me wrong, but the visual experience just isn't there unless you're running an "apoc" scale game. Now kick things down a few scales to Warmaster and that would do epic sieges where you could put a castle on the table and have rank and file and huge siege batteries laying waste whilst dragons swoop overhead and mighty lords do battle. 

I wonder what the points cost is going to be for them. Are they going to be similar to Celestars, so that we can have four blasting the battlefield, or more expense so that we only get 1 or 2 on the table at a time. 

1 minute ago, Neffelo said:

I wonder what the points cost is going to be for them. Are they going to be similar to Celestars, so that we can have four blasting the battlefield, or more expense so that we only get 1 or 2 on the table at a time. 

They look massive, wouldn’t be surprised if they are 250-300pts range with a brutal shooting attack, loads of wounds and a surprisingly punchy combat profile.

2 minutes ago, GutrotSpume said:

They look massive, wouldn’t be surprised if they are 250-300pts range with a brutal shooting attack, loads of wounds and a surprisingly punchy combat profile.

This is what I would suspect as well. I just hope they can get the shooting points right, which seems like it has been a challenge for GW in AOS so far!

It's really hard to guess points from war weapons - skaven are on a large base and both their cannon and catapult are under 200 points. It really depends, the catapult could be supreme with a huge point cost or it could be cheaper and just a big model we can take several of (which honestly I'd prefer)!

51 minutes ago, Eldarain said:

There was the rumor they'd repurpose the old watchtower for Cities and the Orruks would have some kind of tear down the enemy terrain rule.

The tower might work for one or two of the cities but I doubt it will be all of them.  Living City will get the Awakened Wyldwoods probably.  Each city will use a different terrain piece that already exists is my guess

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Tankman said:

The tower might work for one or two of the cities but I doubt it will be all of them.  Living City will get the Awakened Wyldwoods probably.  Each city will use a different terrain piece that already exists is my guess

I'm hoping Living City can use Wyldwoods - my army will be Wanderers-centric until I know what I can add and paint them up.  Also, it would mean I can invest in some Sylvaneth as the cost of Wyldwoods has been putting me off.  If I can use them with two armies, then the cost becomes more justifiable.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Tankman said:

That would be a very cool idea. What are the firestorm cities so far?

Anvilgard: It's coastal, takes after it's founders the Anvils of Heldenhammer. Lots of Mounstrous Mega Fauna. Can't really think of a fit. 
Hammerhal: Wall or Tower piece
Tempest's Eye: 'The mountaintop city's Planar observatories can see past even the most complex illusions...' Maybe bring back that awesome observatory 😍
Hallowheart: City infused with magical powers.... I have no idea what could be used for that one. Plenty of magical terrain pieces but nothing really fitting 'radiant auro of Aqshyan magic that eminates form ****** crystal caverns. 
The Living City: Wyldwoods. Fits, done, tie a bow around it. 
Greywater Finest engineers and gunsmiths of the realms. Is there a 'gun trench/emplacement' from 40K or something that could be repurposed?
The Phoenicium: Maybe the Forbidden power terrain piece. But with slightly different rules as they do know more of how to get them to work

2 hours ago, kuroyume said:

No offense, but that speaks more about the skill level of players around you than about the game itself.

I force the entire community in my area to learn about screening by playing a big f-you Gavriel Bomb list for months. After a few times getting their key units mowed down by a 15-man unit of Evocators, everyone got really good at screening (sadly)

Tbh mass evocators are not that scary for me as a hedonites Player :p. Community around is quite competetive.

Iam talking about manovering around an almost immortal death ball for an entire game, not about  tactical screening, blocking and counter charge. And for me this two are completly two diffrent things.

Ecocators are tought but you can kill them. And they become weaker after you kill few of them.  

And if You are using damage 2 wepon its easier to kill 15 unbuffed evocators then Gotrek.

As Gotrek plot armour and abilities gives him 48 effective wounds vs Damage 2... And 72 wounds vs Damage 3 

Not taking The base size for calculation when its much easier to surround them. And the fact that evocators loose attack power after you start wounding them and Gotrek does not.

If You Play badly and run forward i will be able to screen and kill evocators. But vs Gotrek I will have to split my force and dance for 5 rounds and this is much much harder. 

• Confused 1

And NewZealand GW site is updated! 

The Warcry card for the Chimera is on show on its new page. There's no card pack sadly for the rest, but there is the book up on show.

Gotrek side there's the new audio book, new novel and a really good looking special edition of the first audiobook: Realmslayer  The Complete Script

"This book contains the complete four-part script of Realmslayer, the audio drama recounting the much anticipated return of Gotrek Gurnisson and voiced by the world-famous Brian Blessed. It also includes a brand-new introduction by David Guymer, behind-the-scenes photographs, thirty-two pages of art, and a never-before-seen annotated script with insights from its author, editor and audio producer."

Really tempted to grab Gotrek and both books but I feel like missing out on Brian's performance might be a mistake...

Gotrek and reactivating the Audible account it is. I really hope they put the Cities book up next week. Seems so perfect with Gotrek being able to be used with all the different armies in it. (Plus like 70% of his adventures are getting drawn into defending a city/castle he's passing through)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eldarain said:

Really tempted to grab Gotrek and both books but I feel like missing out on Brian's performance might be a mistake...

Gotrek and reactivating the Audible account it is. I really hope they put the Cities book up next week. Seems so perfect with Gotrek being able to be used with all the different armies in it. (Plus like 70% of his adventures are getting drawn into defending a city/castle he's passing through)

Listening Gotrek while painting him sounds good.

• LOVE IT! 1

Pre-orders are up on the New Zealand site, so you can check out the new Warcry stuff. Looking at the Chimera card we get our first glimpse of Monsters, who are pretty BEASTLY (hyuk hyuk)---easily able to splatter lesser warband members with a single crit. They also have unique abilities. Interestingly, much like AoS they also appear to have damage charts.

Rumors about Ossiarch 

hero:

arkhan

katacross

boneshaper wizard

spiritshaper wizard

tax collector

rider character

infantry

mortek guard

necropolis stalker

stlker with sword and shield

Cavalry

rider

monster

Bone Frankenstein 

artillery 

Catapult

terrian

tithe nexus

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Rumors about Ossiarch 

hero:

arkhan

katacross

boneshaper wizard

spiritshaper wizard

tax collector

rider character

infantry

mortek guard

necropolis stalker

stlker with sword and shield

Cavalry

rider

monster

Bone Frankenstein 

artillery 

Catapult

terrian

tithe nexus

Where’s this from?

Looks like Arkhan is part of the release.  Did not see that coming.

edit

Just so I don't look like a huge weirdo, there used to be posts between my two posts before the cruel thought police aka mods deleted the potato pics haha.

Edited by Austin
deleted posts
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

Comments about the leaked images aren’t allowed now even without quoted picture?

Im hoping the leaks don’t force Cities to be delayed any further..

Very much this. I'm sure we'll get additional info and proper pictures because of this leak but still hopeful that this is the week Cities and Orruks go up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AthlorianStoners said:

Was there an image of Arkhan ? I’d love for him to be included. 

No I didn't see an image except an extremely blurry one on the back of the book itself, which was either Arkhan or a mounted hero.  No way to tell which it was.

edit

But, I should add the leaks had a warscroll for him, so he IS included.

Edited by Austin
  • Like 1