The Rumour Thread

Just now, kuroyume said:

No mention of Cities, Warclans or Ogors... Meh

Yes that surprised me that Cities and Orruks were not mentioned. Ogors I'm fine with as they are clearly further off, though I'd thought they were coming alongside the Bone Tithe. I'd have thought we've have seen something for Cities and Orruks unless GW is holding out for the rest of the nova or such. 

• Like 3

Just in case anyone missed him, ol‘ coffin-head was in the video.

E8C22E9E-4A8E-43AE-B99D-6A9C6ACDD2E4.png

I must say I really like this sort of elite bone construct although I‘m curious how exactly Orpheon‘s story is intertwined with Nagash (and if his name‘s similarity to Orpheus means anything). Definitely a cool take that he‘s like a statue with a diorama.

Edited by Drakensgreed
  • Like 1

Yeah... I don't know... I mean there's some very nice concept, but there's two thing I can't neglect. 

1- is it me or everything looks very static? Horse are less dynamic than wooden horse carrousel. Skelies climbing have wood leg... I... I don't know. 

2- it's me or there's a very low count of warscroll? Some other to go? I feel like it's more a KO release than an Idoneth one.

6 minutes ago, Vomikron said:

I don’t want to be a negative Nancy but I think the new death faction might be one of the ugliest they’ve produced.

i give credit, of course, to the quality sculpting and originality and I do eye some mighty fine conversion bits.

It's... okay. It's way better than the the bedsheet ghosts but I just don't dig the final design so much. The art ended up selling an army that is simply too cool to exist in mini form. Solid B from me. 

Not real taken with the new Death models tbh, but Death was never my bag anyway.

Little disappointed no news about Cities/Orruks/Ogors yet, or any real information about Beastgrave. The release order of all of this stuff seems to only get more vague the closer we get.

So Sisters of Battle will likely be blocking out November from the looks of it, and more Marines stuff coming, psychic awakening, ect. It's all going to be a tight fit for sure.

I really like the mix of different asian design elements. Some of these banners feel very mongolian, then there are some of the riders and the one advisor next to the Mortarch who look like samurai and then there are the four-armed constructs who look like Hindu gods. A welcome breath of fresh air compared to the very euro-centric rest of GA:Death. 

I also like the background of this faction. They are kinda like a dark mirror to Sigmar. Sigmar uplifts heroes and infuses their bodies with pieces of his own godly powers all while Nagash takes multiple souls and untold number of skeletons and forces them into one being. 

EDIT: ALSO, a semi-sentient bone warmachine? I can't wait!

Edited by Gecktron
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, KriticalKhan said:

I know that they're constructs, but why on earth do the skeletons have NOSES? As far as I can tell, no other unit they showed has them, why would they put them on the infantry?

1567036983914.jpg

To weird you out. Its all deliberate. Thats also why they all have this creepy smile. 

The Skeletons are more like a magical fusing of bone and metal and sculpted to make their end form. Then they are bound to souls, some multiple souls like the 4 armed monsters; whilst things ilke the artillery are half alive half machine. I think the noses are because they are sculpted and melted to a living soul rather than simply animated skeletons. Thus they have a few more facial features - likely a carry over from tehir once living days - because lets face it if you could have a nose you'd have one if you had the choice! 

The smile comment is also great- yeah they don't have skeleton faces they've got "joker" style smiles! Creepy monsters from the realm of DEATH 

I think its also a neat way to split them off from regular deathrattle and animated skeletons. 

Edited by Overread
  • Like 2

Umm a lot of them have noses like the horse dude on the right has a nose, the scythe dude, the Mortarch and his lackeys have noses.

They not skeletons they are constructs made of bone, they more like animated bone armour than an actually skeleton.    

I love the Mortarch and how all his servants have a purpose, the one in front holding a scroll, beaky sending out messenger birds, the banner bearer in the back and the other guy who I think is his champion. It's a very characterful model and I can't wait to see how his warscroll works. 

• Like 8