The Rumour Thread

19 minutes ago, Nezzhil said:

In Spain we call this " fascicle collection", and we're very used to buy this type of collections. Warhammer Conquest is very successful here in term of sales... I hope it was available soon...

Yep its popular for a lot of hobbies as a method of getting different people into the hobby itself. 

The 40K one has been really popular. I really hope the Nova today shows off more of what we'll get beyond the first 4 issues or so. Though it looks to be a solid Nighthaunt VS Stormcast setup it will be interesting to see what terrain or other items might appear

• LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, sandlemad said:

£2.99 for 10 chainrasps and the ETB sequitors is ludicrous, I am sold. That's like a little over 10% of what the (overpriced, admittedly) retail box costs and vastly cheaper than ebaying them.

Even when the cost bumps up to its regular, this is still a chance to get nighthaunt and SC stuff for incredibly good value. In fact if it's anything like the 40k one, we'll be seeing models like Lady Olynder and similar going for less than half price. I am absolutely onboard with picking up bits and pieces of nighthaunt as painting projects.

EDIT: I mean damn, get issue 1 and 4 and you have a starter Warcry warband for about a tenner.

EDIT: And hey, that looks like a unique Knight-Incantor!

image.png.86f53e8f639f683ebbd6f66ec0e38b8f.png

I don't see in their web site a list or a picture of the whole collection. Any link please?

(for 40k, there are pics of the whole SM/DG armies+decors)

3 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

I don't see in their web site a list or a picture of the whole collection. Any link please?

(for 40k, there are pics of the whole SM/DG armies+decors)

Pretty sure the 40k list didn't appear until quite a while after launch, certainly not until after their four-issue trial. This only went up this morning so you will likely be waiting a few months to see the list.

That said, we can look at the 40k version and get an idea of the kinds of models they'll include. Most of the stormcast and nighthaunt ETB/starter set ranges will be reused for this. Probably some of the single-sprue characters as well.

22 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

The picture of 40K whole set was immediate at launch.

No it wasn't, the four-issue trial was announced in February 2018 and we didn't see the full 40k range until August.

Regardless, it's not hard to take a reasonable estimate at what the contents will be by looking at the ranges:

Nighthaunt, probably

• ETB Reikenor the Grimhailer
  • Knight of Shrouds
  • Cairn Wraith
  • Tomb Banshee
  • Knight of Shrouds on steed, Guardian of Souls, Spirit Torment sprue
  • 2 ETB Dreadblade Harrows
  • 10 ETB Chainrasps
  • Lord Executioner, 4 Grimghast, 5 Glaivewraiths sprue
  • 4 ETB Glaivewraith Stalkers
  • 4 ETB Myrmourne banshees

Stormcast, probably

• Lord Arcanum and Knight Incantor sprue
  • ETB Astreia Solbright
  • 3 ETB Sequitors
  • ETB Celestar ballista
  • 3 ETB Liberators
  • 3 ETB Retributors
  • Vandus Hammerhand
  • Some of the other stormcast Soul Wars sprues?
  • Maybe some of the other contents of the old Thunder & Blood box? Maybe not, they're not terribly well arranged for splitting out
  • A bunch of the single sprue SC heroes, e.g. the knight-heraldor, knight-questor, lord-ordinator

There's other possible models, 40k Conquest spreads out two-sprue kits over two issues. Some of these (e.g. chainrasp) will almost certainly appear multiple times. Some of the other Nighthaunt kits are three-sprue though (e.g. Craven King, Lady Olynder, hexwraiths), suggesting they probably won't appear. There may also be some associated Death or Order models they could slip in as well as allies but hard to say what.

And then some terrain and paint sets on top of this, maybe some sort of art book like the 40k Silver Templars one.

Edited by sandlemad

It seems really good value all that stuff with 40% discount, pity I have all the Nighthaunt and Stormcast Sacrosant models... would still be worth for the rest and sell the duplicates? 

I just wish they would add also other factions or allies instead of staying within 2 factions only...