The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

Am I the only one finding it strange that we are getting the full reveal for Tithe before Orruk Warclans and Cities of Sigmar? I thought for sure those would be a quick drop.

Yeah... We haven't had anything from the last reveal released yet. Tom mentioned that releases were all bumped back a month because of the Sylvaneth shipping issues, it would explain the lack of AOS releases. I'm thinking Warclans and Cities will be released together. If everything previewed last month is going to be released by the end of the year (and normally that means before December) they're running short on time if they still want to pace releases instead of just dumping everything.

40 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

Am I the only one finding it strange that we are getting the full reveal for Tithe before Orruk Warclans and Cities of Sigmar? I thought for sure those would be a quick drop.

There's probably two completely different release cycles at play here. What ever army this Tithe thing is going to be a lot of new models(possibly entirely new) while CoS and Orcs are just books, with possible terrain and spells that wouldn't overlap with the Tithe work since I think those are still being done by a separate terrain modeling team and of course manufactured in China as terrain. Also I wouldn't be surprised if we see a big announcment, but the stuff doesn't drop for a little bit and CoS and Orcs slip as an off week release(like the paired rapid fire codex releases 40k got when 8th came out).

3 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

There's probably two completely different release cycles at play here. What ever army this Tithe thing is going to be a lot of new models(possibly entirely new) while CoS and Orcs are just books, with possible terrain and spells that wouldn't overlap with the Tithe work since I think those are still being done by a separate terrain modeling team and of course manufactured in China as terrain. Also I wouldn't be surprised if we see a big announcment, but the stuff doesn't drop for a little bit and CoS and Orcs slip as an off week release(like the paired rapid fire codex releases 40k got when 8th came out).

Are you talking about a big announcement beside the two Battletomes and the new death faction? 

1 minute ago, krabb said:

Are you talking about a big announcement beside the two Battletomes and the new death faction? 

Yeah, I meant the new faction tomorrow being the big announcement, then Cities and Orcs get reelased, then the new faction actually comes out later.

My only surprise is that GW is pushing the Tithe faction so early compared to their release pattern for the two updated battletomes. This suggests to me that either:

1) The Tithe is coming before the two battletomes

2) GW is going to release those tomes very soon and likely at the same time so that there's a clear slot. The Tithe is likely going to be a 2 week release and there's likely at least 2 weeks for Sisters so that's a whole month gone on those two new forces that we know are coming. And either one (esp sisters) could get a weeks pre-order extra 

I'd be really surprised if they drop the entire model line of Tithe Fallas on our heads tomorrow.

I'm thinking we might be looking at a Shadowspear like situation here. So they show the box content of all new models Ogres vs. Tithe, with BT:Ogres hot on its heels, but the Tithe only gets rules in the box to tide them over until a full BT and army release at the tail end of the year. Alternatively, it's a Blightwar like deal, if Tithe includes old skeleton models, and it's the Tyrant and Coffin Guy plus old models and then Tithe a bit later.

Even if I'm wrong and there is no box, I figure at the very least they'll keep the new Mortarch himself under wraps a bit longer, just as they did with Morathi and Olynder.

All in all, this year looks pretty full come tomrrow. With Tithe and SoB we are looking at two full new model line releases in four months time. That alone will take plenty of space.

Add to that:

-Beastgrave, which I guess will be one drop of the Core set and about one or two paired warband drops this year

-A second wave for Warcry. My guess is two drops of two Warbands, the two Warbands not yet revealed and my guess Solo drops for Iron Golems and Untamed Beasts. Though the composition might vary here, they might keep Golems and Beasts starter exclusive for longer. They might also drop some other stuff, like more wandering Monsters, Terrain or Expansions that move the scope of the game.

-Psychic Awakening, which I guess is not only a set or book, but also an opening of a new narrative Chapter like Malign Portents was and it might be followed by further narrative game expansion. It might also come with some splash releases, as they did with the two new vehicles anlongside Apokalypse.

-Primaris still haven't got all their new models, there will also be further mini-dex releases with one Character for Marines.

-Not to forget Cities and Orruks. They may come together in one drop. I wonder if they may have abandoned the entire Endless Spells and Terrain business after the Sylvaneth debakle, seeing how they did not show any for these two. Personally I would welcome that, since I feel it was really getting tedious and I prefer my terrain not to be a mandatory part of army lists. But I'm primarily a collector and modeler, I can totally see more gaming focused hobbyist feeling left in the dust if their armies go empty handed. Also, many of those terrain pieces are quite appealing models and I guess this business model was the only way to get them produced at all.

Add Forgeworld releases, likely something Killteam and Blackstone Fortress, andit quickly adds up to an almost full schedule for the rest of 2019.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Rogue Explorator said:

I don't think they're going to hide the Mortarch this time, since they already revealed him (assuming that the guy at the end of Part III was actually him).

I don't know how often they do releases for both systems at the same time, but a CoS/Warclans double release might be able to happen at the same time as the final (for now) Primaris wave.

That'd be at the start of September, Beastgrave could be towards the middle after that,  then Bonetithe takes up the first bit of October.

Mawtribes will likely be another small release, coinciding with a possible vs box at the end of the Bonetithe releases (solely based on the dialogue from the Tyrant teaser) similar to what happened with GG and Sylvaneth, just on a shorter time scale. Otherwise they're just quick, one week drop.

Warcry gets their new warbands a bit after that (I'm assuming the starter bands are going to stay exclusive for a while yet), then SoB and the Psychic Awakening release in November, with the final Chaos book sneaking its way in somewhere.

I don't think that Underworlds will get anything new this year except Beastgrave, stuff like the ogre release might not even happen this year (we were only promised "at least" one book per alliance by the end of 2019, and Warclans would fill the Destruction quota), as you said, this one's gonna be packed.

Maybe Ogres and the last Chaos book are a dual release, IDK. I'm really not sure how GW would be able to fit all this into 3 months, IIRC, they don't really do any big releases in December.

1 hour ago, Boytoy said:

I'm hoping for some art that reveals all of the beastgrave warbands. I know we got some for season 1 of shadespire, but did we get the same for underworlds?

Yeah, they dropped a teaser video that previewed all the warbands before Nightvault was even released, and the first set of expansions came out less than a month after the box set. I'm sure it'll be the same for Beastgrave.

Whilst its odd to pull a load of elf stuff and then release a Death army that seems to be what we are getting this year - so new aelves are likely next year at best. The oddest thing is more how GW has been teasing us with the two aelf forces since AoS started, whilst the death army hasn't really been teased at all save for 3 videos.

Then again if its the return of a TK style army then its a fantastic thing to get it in early for all those old bones players!

£2.99 for 10 chainrasps and the ETB sequitors is ludicrous, I am sold. That's like a little over 10% of what the (overpriced, admittedly) retail box costs and vastly cheaper than ebaying them.

Even when the cost bumps up to its regular, this is still a chance to get nighthaunt and SC stuff for incredibly good value. In fact if it's anything like the 40k one, we'll be seeing models like Lady Olynder and similar going for less than half price. I am absolutely onboard with picking up bits and pieces of nighthaunt as painting projects.

EDIT: I mean damn, get issue 1 and 4 and you have a starter Warcry warband for about a tenner.

EDIT: And hey, that looks like a unique Knight-Incantor!

image.png.86f53e8f639f683ebbd6f66ec0e38b8f.png

Edited by sandlemad
  • LOVE IT! 1