The Rumour Thread

Looking at the mounts again  they dont seem to be made of any one animal. Rather, they're an amalgamation of different bones. Hence the different heads, and jumbled bone structure.

Super cool regardless! Committed to my Ogor project, but down the line I might branch into these guys!

• Like 1

GLORIOUS !!!☠️

Well I love the End Times Nagash, Arkhan and Morghasts aestethic, it seems it's the main inspiration here in terms of existing models (the gems, the armor trims), with a few design taken from illustration in the Malign Portents book and Shadespire / Nightvault, and nice Middle-Far east influences !

I hope the rules will let us use normal Skeletons (at least the basic ones) alongside the new range ... at last my dream of a Death Skeleton Legion (a bit like Necron in Fantasy) will be fulfilled 😈 (...looking forward to using Apocalypse movement trays and Contrasts paints to tackle all those bones....)

• Like 3

Awesome! The Tomb Kings analogues are obvious, but they managed to strike out from Egyptian to a mix of cultures and create something pretty unique in the process. I don't know about how other TK players will feel, but personally, I'm jumping on this day one and feel it'd fit right along-side, especially if some of the armor and scorpion-looking trim is painted gold. Also funny that it took the destruction of Tomb Kings to get a new Screaming Skull Catapult lol.

I have a feeling we haven't seen all the units quite yet. Only reason is because  my source was right, I think he was the first to call it in this thread a couple months ago :). Except he also said we'll see some old TK models return. Not sure about the Tomb Guard because it looks like we already have analogues for those in the trailer, but I could see the Necrosphinx return. He could have been wrong about that specifically though. If we get some chariots and archer infantry, then the analogues are complete outside of constructs.

Overall, fantastic!

Edited by FFJump
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 4

3 hours ago, FFJump said:

Awesome! The Tomb Kings analogues are obvious, but they managed to strike out from Egyptian to a mix of cultures and create something pretty unique in the process. I don't know about how other TK players will feel, but personally,

Well for me it's only a poor replacement considering I was really into the egyptian theme and this doesn't scratch that itch. Now I'm thinking about whether I prefer to go with Nighthaunt or with these new guys for my Death army. 

That being said, if anybody wants to send me a bunch of Tomb Kings bitz feel free to do so ... I'm having some neat Nighthaunt conversions in mind. :P

Edited by Panzer
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Blightzkrieg said:

Stormcast = Fantasy Marines

Primaris = Space Stormcast

The logic checks out.

I don't think the necron comparison exactly works out (though some of the layered armour looks similar, as does the antique militarism, the relatively dispassionate feel and the talk of a tithe) but I would unironically agree with this in that so much of what makes Primaris marines distinct from old marines can be easily traced to concepts and approaches that GW developed for the stormcast.

• Like 1

It's clearly SkeleKhan he even asks for simple tithes to be paid and he would leave the kingdom's to govern themselves. If they didn't he would invade. It's clear the biggest influence is Ghengis-Khan.  Now this has my attention. I just hope the models look really cool and hold up better than the night haunt ones which also had cool videos/art and then the actual models were meh. 

Yo, they have skeletons, horsemen and catapults. Regardless of their aestethic, it bodes very well for counts-as potential with old tomb king models. They won't necesarily mix well with them, but if they also have, say, monstrous cavalry and a larger monster mount, so the snakes and sphinxes can borrow rules too, this may work out nice for tomb kings.

• Like 1

So, these might have the sort of aesthetics I have been looking for in a Death release, a more ornate look, as others noted, drawn more from the Endtimes undead.

I now am really looking forward to these, with some luck these will also have a stronger connection to the Age of Myth than the factions seen so far, which would make these a double wammy.

Also curious to see just what kind of undead exactly they are. I don't think they are purely skeletons, a number of them look way to beefy for that. Together with the mix and match steeds it makes me think construct, but I'll freely admit that may very well be wishful thinking, since that is a third thing I've been waiting for.

In any case, Nova Open might be one of the nice previews.

23 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

So Wednesday/Thursday we should see some models, right!? If they do these videos justice then I will probably have to start my first Death faction.

Based on how much they've teased I would think so. The only surprise is how fast they are moving on this whilst Cities and Orruks are still not released. So I'd be expecting some more details on them too.

If we don't get more details then at the least we'll see one or two models perhaps another teaser trailer. 

a new fluffy back story and army to host all the old and new non-affiliated undead models ?

Goes around to each continent/country/culture and takes payment which becomes part of their army.

Edited by soots

I'm really disappointed that the leader is another mortarch. I really wanted a Death faction that actually challenged Nagash in some way. Without any internal conflict Death will remain boring to me. ...but really I already have too much stuff so that's probably a good thing.

I'll be happy to see new cool models accross the table from me though. That's always fun.

• Like 5