The Rumour Thread

7 minutes ago, Double Misfire said:

Blah, sorry if I seemed like I was being short. 😞

Still holding out for a Beastgrave warband!Β πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€πŸ˜€

Hopefully! I played Empire for years and would love to see it expand with new miniatures. Although my biggest wish for AoS is a Bretonnianesque army with lots of mythical creatures. I don't really need horses, solong as there are new humans, sculpt with the skills / technology they have now.

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, Dragobeth said:

what IF the faction terrainΒ for CoS are cannons?

I was just thinking, what if the CoS terrain was a small tower or redoubt, complete with a pivot gun or repeater gun! Nothing overpowered, counts as cover and weapon has 12 inch range with d3 hits, 1 rend or something. Weapon can be used by units garrisoning the redoubt in addition to normal weapons so its just a bonus/nice bit of board control.Β Would certainly suit this engineer rich army better than a magical aura Β buff like nearly everyone else has.

• LOVE IT! 1

Am I alone in thinking a Cog-fort (appearing in multiple publications about Free PeopleΒ since 2016) would be an excellent faction scenery ?

With a few options likeΒ banners (in various aelfic, azyrite, ghyranite, etc. styles) it could fit almost all existing armiesΒ (as it's a "Cities Of Sigmar", not Free People as a whole Battletome)...

Cog forts would be huge, far too big for the game unless you make the board a cogfort interior.Β 

Cog Forts are the things that should appear in "AoS the Epic Scale game!" Heck I saw some of the Dreadfleet ships the other day and freaking heck if GW made a seafaring game for AoS they could do some fantastic big monster and ships for the high seas! Cog-ship-forts anyone?!

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Percivael said:

I was just thinking, what if the CoS terrain was a small tower or redoubt, complete with a pivot gun or repeater gun! Nothing overpowered, counts as cover and weapon has 12 inch range with d3 hits, 1 rend or something. Weapon can be used by units garrisoning the redoubt in addition to normal weapons so its just a bonus/nice bit of board control.Β Would certainly suit this engineer rich army better than a magical aura Β buff like nearly everyone else has.

This sounds great! I would make it a bit better range, but having a tower with a cannon (or bolt thrower for elves) sounds awesome

• Like 1

I reckon one day GW will add the Aeronautica for AoS, we already have the KO, we have mentions in the lore of Skaven and even Ironjawz stealing KO ships and using them and then the Grottbag Scuttlers or however they are called... that would be awesome.

Regarding CoS I don’t think they need faction terrain but probably nice rules to use the existing terrain, like being able to garrison other terrains like woods and so on or I don’t know something more creative. The spells could be linked to the few remaining wizards rather than trying to fit the cities (7 cities, only 3 spells...). But again they can most likely use any spell from all order faction so soon or later once all order factions will get their spells so will the cities.

What they need are solid rules, an opening to replace/expand the existing miniatures and some reboxing for getting anything remaining in round bases.

48 minutes ago, Overread said:

Cog forts would be huge, far too big for the game unless you make the board a cogfort interior.Β 

Cog Forts are the things that should appear in "AoS the Epic Scale game!" Heck I saw some of the Dreadfleet ships the other day and freaking heck if GW made a seafaring game for AoS they could do some fantastic big monster and ships for the high seas! Cog-ship-forts anyone?!

Well, nowhere is said they are bigger than a tower with mechanical legs ? And there is probably several sizes.Β 

Don't forget we already have things like Steamtanks (or the FW Landships).Β 

GW already makes big kitsΒ like the Baneblade, and China-made kitsΒ like the Loonshrine are quite large.Β 

Pictures for example :Β 

488742900_CogfortGrimdark.jpg.0960a019d31ffa3552eb1ae7d048a2fe.jpg

253109322_AOS_FreeguildSteamAuxiliaCogfort1.jpg.85307680e9d93e7dc2b4000f28f25c6f.jpg

Different sizes :Β 

20180629_215253.jpg.89320a90e3c4b964181fa621e206511d.jpg.43ce1e590313383a50b69ed1ccf21249.jpg

Β 

• Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 hours ago, Greyshadow said:

That’s a rumour about the watch tower but it could happen. I am planning a cities army that has Stormcast as the elite core. I reckon the Β Eternals will look cracking against their Freeguild allies.

It would be a mistake to use that old Watchtower. It doesn't fit the AoS aesthetic at all. The warscryer citadel went last chance to buy with all the other cut stuff, I wouldn't be surprised if it was renamed and repackaged for Cities.

Look at those dudes, look at their helmets and gear. I can see Chinese, Mongolian, Roman and Egyptian influences going into a melting pot. Given the bones used for back ornamentation I think that scythe rumour engine is definitely for these dudes and not eldar/chaos.

I am increasingly thinking the dude we saw in the previous video isn't the mortarch or the central character, more of a herald. The speaker is the masked general at the end.

Possible units:

- Catapult

- Heavy cavalry on undead monsters (doesn't really look like a rhino skull but it's got horns and that one in the background looks like a terror bird)

- sword and board infantry (armoured, hooked falchions,Β with a little pattern of bones on their skulls?)

- spear infantryΒ 

- commanders (swords and banners, possibly command unit for infantry or could be heroes)

- Mortarch (masked, spear/staff and heavy shield; could be infantry or simply shown unmounted here)

- the tomb-on-his-back dude from the previous video.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Blightzkrieg said:

Any clues on what the actual faction name might be? Or are we still going with Tomb Kings?

Im willing to be the name will be bone"******"Β  Tomb Kings are dead (ha)Β and gone and will stay that way.Β  This may have some Egyptian aesthetics here and there but it will not have much more than that.Β 

Edited by Theduke

9 minutes ago, tom_gore said:

Yeah looks like a huge release. Interesting to seeΒ if the new faction will be able to field some of the "serviceable" plastic kits from the TK range. That would make a lot of angry former TK players happy again.

Β 

Based on the aesthetic they're going with here, I'm not sure it would quite work. The serviceable kits are the tomb guard, necropolis knights/sepulchral stalkers and warsphinx/necrosphinx. All of them are pretty heavy on the obviously Egyptian look. There are hints of an Egyptian appearance in some of the art we've seen but not that much and what's there is blended with other influences.

To my mind it's a bit like the Scourge Privateers and the Idoneth Deepkin. They're close and if GW had made a few slightly different choices when designing the Idoneth they'd sync closely but at the moment they don't really gel perfectly.

For that matter, I'm not seeing much in the way of constructs in these previews... There's a focus on armoured skeletons but no animated statues or ushabti-things.

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2