The Rumour Thread

Havent we also had hanging heads rumour engines that look like they'd match the hook spiked heads on his back?

Either way this looks really cool, and a nice insight into how Nagashes legions recruit their number whilst not rendering shyishian settlements extinct.

This is indeed new death then. 

Look at the general/emperor's staff or banner thing. That very much look like it has two heads hanging from it, just like the rumour engine, right down to what could be a silhouette of the crowns. Maybe the more recent stormcast helm could hang from his robes.

rumor-engine-7-9-18.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, michu said:

Second part of " The Tithe"!

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/08/18/the-tithe-ii-judgement/

EDIT: That character with candles on its back makes me think that stone slate rumour is really  a preview of this faction.

Another note, you can see the kings heads on a hook rumor engine on the tithe masters staff. So that's part of his model, this debunking a bit of those random 4chan ogor rumors!

Mummies though, that's cool! Seems like it's going to be a rad faction. Dig the tithe and the talk of collings to balance the books!

1 minute ago, madmac said:

Yeah I think this pretty conclusively kills "Tomb Khans" in favor of this being a true remake of Tomb Kings. Which is perfectly ok with me.

Tell me where it actually shows an egyptian aesthetic. With that siege of medieval-like city the "Tomb Khans" are more likely for me.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, madmac said:

Yeah I think this pretty conclusively kills "Tomb Khans" in favor of this being a true remake of Tomb Kings. Which is perfectly ok with me.

I mean the way rumours work, this hinges on the knowledge or understanding of who saw them. 'Mongolian' could have referred to a vague Central Asian aesthetic, even just pointy helms and lamellar armour or something, rather than a full horseback skeleton army. Dude is wearing that, maybe he's carrying a bow or sabre, 'I guess he's Mongolian?' Same with the music, the fact that I saw it described variously as Irish, eastern European, Chinese, Middle Eastern shows that we're dealing with (i) some broad fantasy aesthetics being hinted at and (ii) folks not really grokking what they're looking at

I am reminded of the way the original Sanuinary Guard were accurately described ages before release with the exception that their (elegant, handguarded) swords were referred to as 'rapiers'. In this case the dude who saw them simply didn't know how to describe fancy swords and went with the term he knew. Spot on about the rest but everyone was confused about the idea of space marines with slender duelling swords.

To return to the dude in the video though, what is that exactly on his back? It could match something from that one slate-with-candles rumour engine but it looks almost more like an overhanging awning or something. 

Edited by sandlemad

All this Tithe thing makes me think of only one person: Nekaph, the Tomb herald of Settra 

- he was born indeed in a similar city

- he did fall defending it

-he wielded the Flail of Skulls (made of fallen heroes and kings defeated in Settra's name), and in this last video the guy is clearly wearing a stuff of skulls with crowns (as shown in the GW's preview)

- he used to roam from city to city asking them to kneel and pay the tithe to Khemri and accept Settra as sole ruler

- he was a general in life

- he is animated by "duty"

"Nekaph rides from city to city, as he did in life, at the head of one of Settra's eternal legions. When they arrive at the enemy's gates, Nekaph halts and demands an audience with the city's rulers. When the cowering leaders come forth, the Emmissary of Settra addresses them and offers them a single chance to surrender. Though his jaw does not move, and no discernable sound ushers from his lipless mouth, Nekaph's trembling foes hear a deep voice echoing in their heads. Rulers of nations quake with fear as Nekaph demands their fealty, and they realise that their doom has arrived. Those that refuse to kneel before the might of Settra, or those that foolishly choose to attack Nekaph's assembled legion, must face the unbridled wrath of Khemri."

This is pure spculation but all this thing really smells Tomb Kingish 2.0 AoS style.

Then all this "bones" talking, makes me think of a sort of opposied to all the "soul" thing. What if Nagash found himself as not the only God of the Dead. One God for the souls (Nagash) and one God for the body... a Body of Gold!

Edited by tupavko
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, Whitefang said:

Keep in mind that this strange guy was a servant of Nagash

Not really:

we know an "Ancient ally of Nagash was awaken" not a servant.

In the first video the guy says: "My master raises armies I must lead" but nothing tells us that "master" is refered to Nagash. What if the "master" is refered to this second entity that was freed by Lady Olynder.

So The God of dead Bodies is the one raising the armies and it is to him you offer the tithe.

All Great Alliences have antagonists within their ranks except Death... What if this was the moment Nagash realized he's not alone... 

• Like 5

What interests me are the hooded, spear-wielding figures. If they were just generic skellington soldiers, I doubt they'd have masqueraded their appearance like that. I can't help but wonder if we might see more mortals? Not a full blown Mortal Death army mind, but more something resembling 'civilisation' tinged with (presumably) skellingtons. At the very least i think we'll see Necromancers.

Between the Ogres talking about a 'Pact of Bones' and living people bringing out their dead bones, hopefully we'll start seeing more about- well, life in the Realm of... Death, rather than just Black Library tidbits. 

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, tupavko said:

Not really:

we know an "Ancient ally of Nagash was awaken" not a servant.

In the first video the guy says: "My master raises armies I must lead" but nothing tells us that "master" is refered to Nagash. What if the "master" is refered to this second entity that was freed by Lady Olynder.

So The God of dead Bodies is the one raising the armies and it is to him you offer the tithe.

All Great Alliences have antagonists within their ranks except Death... What if this was the moment Nagash realized he's not alone... 

No it is a “servant”

This has been clearly specified in the Forbidden Power booklet

”Nagash feels a call from a old servant locked by Sigmar”

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Dieselfruit said:

Forgot to add: all Dispossessed infantry now has 2 wounds!!!

If that's true, then it'd be a good sign that maybe Overlords would get two wounds on basic guys(3 on balloon boys?), which would address my main issue with them, that they're way too squishy for dwarfs.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, madmac said:

While coining it Khans was maybe a bit too specific I still feel confident that it's more of an Asian vibe than Egyptian. The accent of the guy and the buildings don't really fit the theme.

1 hour ago, tupavko said:

All this Tithe thing makes me think of only one person: Nekaph, the Tomb herald of Settra 

-he wielded the Flail of Skulls (made of fallen heroes and kings defeated in Settra's name), and in this last video the guy is clearly wearing a stuff of skulls with crowns (as shown in the GW's preview)

- he used to roam from city to city asking them to kneel and pay the tithe to Khemri and accept Settra as sole ruler

"Nekaph rides from city to city, as he did in life, at the head of one of Settra's eternal legions. When they arrive at the enemy's gates, Nekaph halts and demands an audience with the city's rulers. When the cowering leaders come forth, the Emmissary of Settra addresses them and offers them a single chance to surrender. Though his jaw does not move, and no discernable sound ushers from his lipless mouth, Nekaph's trembling foes hear a deep voice echoing in their heads. Rulers of nations quake with fear as Nekaph demands their fealty, and they realise that their doom has arrived. Those that refuse to kneel before the might of Settra, or those that foolishly choose to attack Nekaph's assembled legion, must face the unbridled wrath of Khemri."

This is pure spculation but all this thing really smells Tomb Kingish 2.0 AoS style.

Then all this "bones" talking, makes me think of a sort of opposied to all the "soul" thing. What if Nagash found himself as not the only God of the Dead. One God for the souls (Nagash) and one God for the body... a Body of Gold!

I'm picking up with ur putting down but i doubt GW has gone back to connect it this far.

2 hours ago, tupavko said:

I am totally convinced thaz this is true. 

btw that guy in the video has some similarities to the nekaph art from the wiki

latest?cb=20160505222335

Edited by Huanchi
  • Like 2

I'm really excited for a death faction and especially one that has some mortal followers ala the malign portent story.

The only thing stopping me thinking that could be possible was GWs mention of mortal death followers using  the mercenaries rules as a way to thematically add them to your death faction