The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Grimrock said:

Could be something that ties into a future warcry release too. Like if they add a Heroes expansion they might have AOS rules that only affect 'cultists' models. 

The AoS profiles won't affect Warcry at all - they are totally separate rules and points systems. 

Personally I think the Cultists tag is going to replace Chaos Marks. Right now a lot of Slaves units have identical "mark of chaos" text on them which eats up needless space once you make a Battletome in which you can write that segment once. So I'd wager they will make it that all "cultist" models can have a mark. GW might then make it that all the band must have the same mark from a Chaos God which would include the 4 greats and also a generic tab for "woreships their own god who isn't one of the big 4 or is one of the big 4 pretending to be another. 

That saves a huge amount of space on the warscrolls. GW could even make it so that each unit can be a cultist of a different cult so that the whole army doesn't have to share the same cult. 

• Like 2

On 8/17/2019 at 12:40 AM, Mutton said:

Also the explanation that these rumors come from "whiteboard pics" is hilarious. 

Absolutely. Are they suggesting that they took photos of a whiteboard, in which case why not post the photos? Or are they saying that GW has a bunch of photos of whiteboards with their release plans on them?

Edited by ManlyMuppet88
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Absolutely. Are they suggesting that they took photos of a whiteboard, in which case why not post the photos? Or are they saying that GW has a bunch of photos of whiteboards with their release plans on them?

I've worked in more than one place which used a whiteboard to organise things. Granted those were more ad-hock situations where duties might shift around on a more weekly basis, but longterm targets were also shown. GW might well have a whiteboard that they keep in a main office which shows all the basic details of upcoming releases and scheduled. Something that is quick to refer too; continually casually reminds and also lets them chop and change. 

However such a thing might well be written in an internal code. Ergo "Phase out Seraphon" might not mean phase out the models/faction but move old out and new in steadily etc.... However they could also be proposals; the board might not have been updated in ages and it might be that its old ideas etc.... 

That's all IF you choose to believe the source - right now its just a post on 4chan which isn't exactly reliable. I think th rumours posted a few pages back from another source were more believable 

Rumour about the Cities of Sigmar book from yesterday's 4chan thread - grain of salt and all that:

Spoiler

Anonymous 08/16/19(Fri)18:08:11 No.67862279▶

Have had a chance to skim the Cities of Sigmar (soup) book. Some basics:

-7 sets of allegiance abilities including unique items and command trait for each city, they are:
-Hammerhal
-Tempest's Eye
-Greywater Fastness
-Living City
-The Phoenicium
-Excelsis
-Anvilguard

Spells and prayers ect are shared + some generic command abilities for the different races (more on those later)

-Greywater Fastness unlocks battleline steam tanks

-No new endless spells, released warhammer fantasy watchtower as scenery. All cities get access to Stormcast so you can use their endless spells I guess

-none of the recently axed minis returning. The Warhammer Quest priest is back with his tiny griffhound

-All remaining models have been lumped into the following 7 factions: Freeguild, Dispossessed, Wanderers, Darkling Covens, Scourge Corsairs and Phoenix Temple. Dwarfs and Empire get their war machines back and shadow warriors are now Phoenix Temple (wtf)

No new models but several new options from existing sprues. Option for a gunmaster hero in a steamtank and on foot and a Guildsmarshal on demigriff. Longbeards effectively gone and models renamed Clanshields, generic dwarf warrior option?? Not familiar with the elf stuff so couldn't check what's changed

-Cities of Sigmar are like Stormcast and can ally with any Order.

-Beautiful model section in the book that basically encourages you to convert your minis and has four pages of conversion guides. Some really nice dwarves from the living city using sylvaneth bits

Overall more excited for the book than I previously was as a Dispossessedf*g, looking forward to getting some more time with it tomorrow. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will try to answer them when I next get to see it

All units have the Cities of Sigmar keyword. Each mini faction gets its own special allegiance rule like skaven clans. Freeguild get detachments and Dispossessed get auto pass battleshock on a 1-3
Forgot to add: all Dispossessed infantry now has 2 wounds!!!

Edited by Dieselfruit
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Honestly those sound quite believable though whats interesting is them using multiple subfactions and suballiances as well in the same book. A curious concept and I wonder how that pans out. 

Shame there's no mention of any new models or returned or such - still curious that we lost all those artillery guns in the culling. 

41 minutes ago, Kirjava13 said:

If only 4chan users didn't feel the need to be casually racist and homophobic.

Yeah, the "n-mancer" made it a lot less nice to read.

The Freeguild and Disposessed getting the warmachines back was expected, but that's just copters for the dwarves.

Keeping great companies is a big boon, but I am worried what loadout options for Generals are retained.

Edited by zilberfrid

7 hours ago, Overread said:

The AoS profiles won't affect Warcry at all - they are totally separate rules and points systems. 

What I meant was if warcry releases an expansion that includes hero models, then the AoS rules for them might affect cultist models.

So for example, every warband gets a hero model. In AoS, the Iron Golem hero's command ability is '+1 save to all CULTISTS models wholly within 12 inches'.

4 hours ago, Chikout said:

The only part I find strange is the rerelease of the watchtower as a scenery piece. It is a rather big, somewhat plain looking kit with a firmly old world aesthetic. 

That might have been a problem if AoS had an aesthetic of its own. It could use a bit more "Old World" in some of its design philosophies.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, xking said:

Every so often that we mention of there is magical beings in the Mortal realms, such as Djinn, efreet or other elemental or magical creatures.

Will we ever get these things in model form.

I think the best thing you can do is just make your own. I’ve always liked Araby, so I’ve taken it upon myself to do an AoS version that mixes in elements of Ind as well.

very excited for this book!

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mandzak-Miniatures said:

I think the best thing you can do is just make your own. I’ve always liked Araby, so I’ve taken it upon myself to do an AoS version that mixes in elements of Ind as well.

very excited for this book!

If only LOTR was 28 mm, as some of the Abrakhan, Easterlings, Haradrim (etc.) would have been perfect.

You'd even have camels...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

If only LOTR was 28 mm, as some of the Abrakhan, Easterlings, Haradrim (etc.) would have been perfect.

You'd even have camels...

If your army is made from only LOTR models, it is internally consistent and should work perfectly. There even was an army featured with unmodified lotr models.

If you can't find all LOTR models, try mixing in '90's resin and plastic, they are smaller than today's lineup.

• Like 1

Ok, after reading this new rumour about Cities of Sigmar I think it's beautiful...too beautiful too be true (at least entirely).

Return of Excelsior Warpriest - that I can believe, same happened with Doomseeker

Longbeards changed into Clanshields - another believable, as we lost regular warriors, they don't make sense as veterans (I hope they will still have "grumbling rule"

Gunmaster in  Steam Tank or foot - Steam Tank commander I can believe in, but why they dropped the on foot version if they still keep the option? GW should keep the old version and just add a loadout of the Steam Tank Gunmaster (on foot) to Warscroll.