Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, Lernaean said:

Now that we have seen how awesome the new Underworlds starter is, I only have one thing to say:

Release a Slaanesh warband GW, you cowards!

Slaanesh needs one but so do the Daughters of Khaine!!! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Overread said:

Slaanesh needs one but so do the Daughters of Khaine!!! 

Yassss, absolutely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just zoomed in to get a good look at the board, and noticed a ungor raider on the top right board edge. 

My guess is a ambushing mechanic. Still not sold on the kurnothi, but the board design is compensating hard. Personal preference of course  

45BA778E-74C0-48B6-B1EA-47A448283F78.png.ffe7052af63fed950eb255445537b354.png

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whilst I wouldn't normally expect a big faction release to go on sale this close to Christmas if we haven't seen anything beforehand then this strikes me as a pretty good moment to at least reveal the alleged new Death mob (or its leader at any rate). 

Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 12.40.56.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't that revealed (or just speculated?) to be Lady Olynder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

not hugely interested in the conscept of beast-aelves, and if I wanted to play with fauns and centaurs I'd play beasts of chaos. that being said I am mildy interested to see what their lore is (especially as they are called aelf-like which implies they were not orginally aelves) and what their army will look like (whether they will be combined with wanderers, aswell as what other stuff will they have?)

like most of the new stuff, I find them unorginal and uninteresting, but see their potential with a few kit bashes (but thats just me)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@tom_gore no Lady Olynder was just whom Nagash sent to free the 'dread power' that was locked in the Midnight Vault.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kurnothi are all AoS is about. They bring tradition onto new level. No more generic dwarfs - Fyreslayers and Kharadrons. No more traditional wood elves - Kurnothi. Making them more feral and beast-like is far more interesting. Would love to have a whole army of them. 

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Kurnothi are all AoS is about. They bring tradition onto new level. No more generic dwarfs - Fyreslayers and Kharadrons. No more traditional wood elves - Kurnothi. Making them more feral and beast-like is far more interesting. Would love to have a whole army of them. 

I think you can have both Worlds. DoK got that mix just right with the old and new.

Mixed wanderers and kurnothi can work the same way imo. Same can be said for all the 3 old elven races.  You end up pleasing your fanbase AND attract new customers at the same time.

  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

I think you can have both Worlds. DoK got that mix just right with the old and new.

Mixed wanderers and kurnothi can work the same way imo. Same can be said for all the 3 old elven races.  You end up pleasing your fanbase AND attract new customers at the same time.

Yes and no, depending on the person. I was on the fence with DoK. I bought the battleforce box because I really liked new models. Two months later I sold that box when I realised I really don't want to paint loads of witch elves which I don't like and they usually are backbone of DoK armies. Same can happen to me with other mixes of old and new. And I can already tell you I don't want old Wanderers minis (mostly). That's even stronger for High Elves. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

+++ Mod Hat On +++

Not very happy about some of the last few posts and had a tidy up. This forum is for discussing Age of Sigmar, can we keep it to this.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Making them more feral and beast-like is far more interesting

No, this is just a mater of taste. And as several other said it, I am not on this side. But, GW has this talent to create some Minis that catch you to the whole army! For example, I'm not DoK or Slanesh, but when I see morathi or Syll'Esske or keeper, (or even the 3 GUO)  I want those armies !

BTW, I like also the traditional armies that give on the battlefield some nice contrast in the armies. A human army vs a  daemon one look pretty nice on the table.

And we don't have many classic armies. It'd be nice to have few. (thinking of KO, SCE, Human..oups free cities, dwarves and that's it. Want my old elves lol!!!)

  • Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Kramer said:

I wholeheartedly disagree. The first part is subjective and the second part isn’t true for me at all. Because while 

I do care if they fit in, the rule of cool is more important. For example I’m currently painting up old dwarf daemon slayers and they definitely don’t fit in with the AoS dwarfs. The proportions are all wrong in comparison, they are designed to be slightly comical and they should be the biggest and baddest but are smaller in stature than arkanauts. Still the best models I painted and even seen up close all year... to me.

Painting them is a joy, they look good in my eyes, I like the goofy proportions and over the top design. But a lot people wouldn’t consider them good, nor do they fit in with the recent dwarf designs. 

When I read the above sentence I kind of think you might mean the nostalgia some people have for the old mini’s? (Genuine question) 

Firstly, those older dwarf models such as the old rangers and slayers are gorgeous. They have that wonderful hand made feel that oozes charm and character.

I was trying to encourage people to stop implying that old equals bad in my last post. For example, I’ve read posts here saying Freeguild Guard models are bad because they are old. People then almost assume they are rubbish. I’ve painted forty of those bad boys and they are really very nice.

Also apologies, I didn’t express myself very well in my last post.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

And we don't have many classic armies. It'd be nice to have few. (thinking of KO, SCE, Human..oups free cities, dwarves and that's it. Want my old elves lol!!!)

The direction Gw has followed on 2.0 is pretty cool. Finally support for a bunch of models!

It makes the customers feel safe, allow people to invest their cash on a product they enjoy without the handicap of having no rules or beeing phased out.

And really if you think about it, most of those ranges only needed a book to work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aryann said:

Kurnothi are all AoS is about. They bring tradition onto new level. No more generic dwarfs - Fyreslayers and Kharadrons. No more traditional wood elves - Kurnothi. Making them more feral and beast-like is far more interesting. Would love to have a whole army of them. 

I agree! I really like how GW takes established concepts and elevates them onto a whole new level. 
Thats why I never had a problem with all the different mini factions. The possibility of turning them into full factions was very exciting for me. 

I still hope we get a full Phoenix Temple army one day...

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Greyshadow said:

For example, I’ve read posts here saying Freeguild Guard models are bad because they are old. People then almost assume they are rubbish. I’ve painted forty of those bad boys and they are really very nice.

I was one of the persons saying I don't like the guard or crossbowmen, and yes, I have quite a few of them.

It's not because they are old, I mean I like the 1980's familiars, the '90's Bretonnian Bowmen, the volley gun and helblaster rockets and the 2009 archers, just not the guards and crossbowmen. I even like the state troops better, and they have too few poses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I'm not judging miniatures anymore until I see them in real life.

Iron Golems were my least favorite Warcry band, until I actually saw them in a store. They look pretty damn good actually especially the duardin.

We'll see about those Kunorthi. Not 100% sold so far, but it gives pretty cool opportunities in terms of miniature design ! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Saiken said:

Personally, I'm not judging miniatures anymore until I see them in real life.

Iron Golems were my least favorite Warcry band, until I actually saw them in a store. They look pretty damn good actually especially the duardin.

We'll see about those Kunorthi. Not 100% sold so far, but it gives pretty cool opportunities in terms of miniature design ! 

Yep same here, I was not fun of Sylvaneth Arch-Revenant model till I built it myself then I just saw how amazing it is. Those Kurnothi look better from some other angles.

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greyshadow said:

Firstly, those older dwarf models such as the old rangers and slayers are gorgeous. They have that wonderful hand made feel that oozes charm and character.

I was trying to encourage people to stop implying that old equals bad in my last post. For example, I’ve read posts here saying Freeguild Guard models are bad because they are old. People then almost assume they are rubbish. I’ve painted forty of those bad boys and they are really very nice.

Also apologies, I didn’t express myself very well in my last post.

 

Haha, I thought you were arguing the opposite. My bad! 
But in truth both is of course true. Old doesn't equal good, nor does it equal bad. 🤷‍♀️

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gecktron said:

I agree! I really like how GW takes established concepts and elevates them onto a whole new level. 
Thats why I never had a problem with all the different mini factions. The possibility of turning them into full factions was very exciting for me. 

I still hope we get a full Phoenix Temple army one day...

I think a full Phoenix Temple army may be likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And I still would like new mortal Human models. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GW really need to work on how they name animals in AoS.  "Gryhp-hound" is fine, But "rocktusk prowler" is absolutely terrible.  

  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@xking TBH in real life we have animals with names like leafy seadragon and chinstrap penguin, so...

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm now thinking that the November event will be our first look at the Death faction which will release in January.

  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...