The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

Well, I’m very skeptical as usual but I am up for some Tzeentch. Especially if there are new models to broaden the mortals range. 

Be prepared for the Slaneesh treatment.

Very limited mortals, 99% demons. In general it seems they are going this way with god specific armies. 

2 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Very limited mortals, 99% demons. In general it seems they are going this way with god specific armies. 

Slaanesh wasn't a specific crafted treatment, it was just a victim of situation of two elements:

1) GW removing old metal models from the range which removed two mortal leaders from the army

2) GW adding mostly leaders and new fiends to the range only. 

Basically Slaanesh lost mortals partly because they just didn't get any new models for them. Tzeentch I would expect to be very much the same in not getting more, but also I'd not expect GW to drop any of the mortal followers that Tzeentch has now, they are all far to new. 

Note I'm aware when Slaanesh came out there was an interview and the guy said "hey who knows perhaps Slaanesh might get a mortal battletome for followers in the future" but I honestly think that wasn't hinting answers, just purely theory crafting an idea. If GW were going to remove mortals then Khorne would have had all those mortals stripped out, and they weren't. 

For Tzeentch right now I'd expect a minimum Battletome. That is Tome, Endless Spells and Faction Terrain.

Though personally I'd argue that Slaves to Darkness/Everchosen is in FAR more need of a Tome than Tzeentch and would hopefully come first or at least this year; esp with Warcry pushing mortal Chaos followers in a bit way (6 warbands at launch - a further 2 to come and all fitting into Slaves to Darkness). 

8 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

We don't expect any new kits. It's just going to be whatever they already have. 

I don't think GW is intentionally focusing on Daemons, except that Daemons work in 40k and AoS so they are more profitable in that sense. 

1 minute ago, sorokyl said:

We don't expect any new kits. It's just going to be whatever they already have. 

I don't think GW is intentionally focusing on Daemons, except that Daemons work in 40k and AoS so they are more profitable in that sense. 

Which i would call intentional

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Chikout said:

We essentially have four layers of rumours.

1) new battletomes for each grand alliance.

Not a rumour though. It was announced at a presentation and confirmed later in a twitch stream by Ben Johnson that sylvaneth wasn’t one of them. Also it was at least one of each grand alliance. 

Since then they announced cities of sigmar and orruks. 

Regarding the death, just like the chaos tome, I’m expecting a simple book, spells, terrain, maybe a hero model update. And my money would be on soulblight. But this last paragraph is just speculation by me. 

32 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Which i would call intentional

Even if GW intentionally focusing on daemon rules/releases over mortal ones for the four gods, then it wouldn't be true for Tzeentch as you stated here:

46 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Tzaangor of all stripes can now be used in Thousand Sons armies in 40k, meaning that by your rationale they'd have no more or less promotion favour in GW's eyes than Tzeentch daemons.

Truly Tzeentchian logic! 🙃

2 hours ago, sorokyl said:

works for me, it's from /tg/, so take with a big grain of salt, but it is not too outlandish:

Gutbusters+BCR 1 faction
all resin dropped
new Butcher + Tyrant models
Butcher with cauldron gone. 
Cauldron is now terrain piece. 
Endless spells are big mouth in ground,  everwinter thing, floating piece of meat
release late october w/ new death

New skeletons, some  horse archers, some ogre skeletons 

Tzeentch final chaos tome for the year

Hugely disappointing for me if Ogors aren’t getting some new or refreshed units.  

On the the other hand- still excited for this not Tomb Kong’s army. 

12 minutes ago, AthlorianStoners said:

I hope that The BCR finecast stay around. Losing the Hunter, Sabre’s, Yhetees (and the gorgers) gets rid of a lot of character and variation. 

Complete opposite for me. This is the perfect time to retire those sculpts. Gorgers and Yeti are aweful haha. Sabres and hunter are admittedly less an issue, the former having an easy proxy and the later not being too bad a sculpt, resin aside.

Honestly, this rumor would be my dream come true. Purge the resin like a bandaid, and build on it from there. We still have tons of variation between mournfang, iron guts, bulls, ect. A varied silhouette, and with good rules it's more variety and options then I could ever hope for! Add in terrain and spells, and it's one of the more fleshed out factions in AoS.

Taking it with a grain of salt, but consider me happy if this comes to pass! Was silly in the first place to split old Ogre kingdoms up in the past. Just hope BCR players can still play monster mash with a sub clan! But I'm not going to weep for those aweful sculpts vanishing so I'm not forced into them xD.

• Like 3

Regarding new models for Tzeentch: We'd be lucky if we got a Curseling or Fatemaster, I'm only counting on endless spells as a given (I mean... he's the god of magic after all...). But if they gave us Varanguard/Chosen on foot, we could quite easily kitbash those two for the time being and literally every Chaos faction would get a new toy to play with.

If they do make a new sculpt for the Curseling, I'd love for it to look similar to Vilitch. It's a great model IMO.

1 hour ago, Austin said:

Hugely disappointing for me if Ogors aren’t getting some new or refreshed units.  

Ogor range will be in a great spot with 

Bulls - basic infantry

Grots (if kept) -horde unit

Ironguts - elites

Leadbelchers - ranged

Mournfang - Calvary

Scraplauncher/ironblaster artillery

Beastriders - 2 beasts, tons of options

4 mounted heroes 

2 heroes on foot(at least one new sculpt)

Most of this are pretty good kits...all you really need are good rules. 

So what are you on about?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Bulls - basic infantry

Ironguts - elites

Leadbelchers - ranged

Mournfang - Calvary

4 mounted heroes 

Just what I said I was on about. Updated models. 

Do you have the BCR battletome? Have you seen how amazing the Yhetees and cats look in the artwork- and then looked at the garbage models? 

You really don’t think the range could use a box of three new Maneaters/new elite unit?

So all of that is what I’m on about? My personal belief that units created in 2005 and 2011 are well past time to be updated. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sorokyl said:

Bulls - basic infantry

Ironguts - elites

Leadbelchers - ranged

Mournfang - Calvary

4 mounted heroes 

Don't forget the tyrant that was already shown.

2 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Even if GW intentionally focusing on daemon rules/releases over mortal ones for the four gods, then it wouldn't be true for Tzeentch as you stated here:

Tzaangor of all stripes can now be used in Thousand Sons armies in 40k, meaning that by your rationale they'd have no more or less promotion favour in GW's eyes than Tzeentch daemons.

Truly Tzeentchian logic! 🙃

Correct me if i am wrong. But Tzangoors are not Mortals.

So yes, you support my idea

Edited by Kurrilino

10 hours ago, JackStreicher said:

What does that have to do with 3rd party sites?

they are always have more insight then us plus if gamesworkshop double down on  Darkoath models you oruks are gonna be raging why your pet faction doesnt get tome while brain storming the new units mechanics. i follow raging heroes site and they just release  their darkoath looking army and this make me feel like dark oath tome is closer then you guys might think.

6 hours ago, Shankelton said:

Taking it with a grain of salt, but consider me happy if this comes to pass! Was silly in the first place to split old Ogre kingdoms up in the past. Just hope BCR players can still play monster mash with a sub clan! But I'm not going to weep for those aweful sculpts vanishing so I'm not forced into them xD.

I only chose BCR for the Everwinter theme, and recently dropped over $500 on 21 Yhetees, a Hunter and 18 cats for a full Ice Age forge. 

While I accepted the risk of getting hit with newer (better) sculpts after this purchase, to lose the actual units/warscolls (i.e. with no like-for-like replacements) and my army's overall theme would be a disaster for me. 

Given that this army was my way of moving on from my TK's squatting,  GW's ongoing refusal to provide a road map of future intent would start to really test my patience.

Also, what is with this drive to remove all unique themes and character from all the armies, and soup everything together? Has the game been taken over by those that mostly prioritise "unit options" and "balance"? 

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Sad 2

14 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

Also, what is with this drive to remove all unique themes and character from all the armies, and soup everything together? Has the game been taken over by those that mostly prioritise "unit options" and "balance"? 

I'm assuming it's because GW realized they couldn't support more than 30 different microfactions in any reasonable way. Any one of them could have been expanded into full factions, but that doesn't mean they would have been. If the ogre book is anything like the previous faction merges (and if the rumor posted is true), then BCR will remain as an allegiance you can still take, in addition to having an endless spell. Obviously losing all the resin sucks for the people who bought it, but those models were already on the chopping block. The only real disappointment is the lack of replacements, gorgers and yhetees would have been an easy "multiple units in one kit" thing.