Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I absolutely love Beastgrave.

Perfect box content, just perfect. Moving the game forward, new faction, new board aesthetic. I can’t wait to see more.

• Like 5

Should we expect more reveals in the coming days? I must know who the Death character is.

7 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

If it was a new faction would be interesting considering as someone commented here long ago, the inflation of Aelves in AoS :)

Not considering Cities of Sigmar, Kurnothi would be the the 5th known full faction of Alves after DoK, IDK, light  aelves and shadow aelves. Aelves 5 - Dwarves 3? Lol

I'm increasingly wondering whether the belief in Light and Shadow Elves is mistaken. For years everyone has been speculating about these two hypothetical factions, but I've seen no official confirmation that they are a thing. It seems to me that a handful of mentions in lore and background books acknowledging that the Aelf Gods exist and have armies have been taken as proof positive that new Aelf armies are comming. We've then hyped them out of all proportions, with everyone repeating that they must be just around the corner and putting them on lists of known factions.

But what if this isn't the case at all? Maybe they don't plan to release a complete miniatures line for each aelven god after all!

There are other gods in the background, but I've never seen anyone say that some sort of new Grungni dwarves are coming, but as far as I can see the Light and Shadow aelves don't have any more substantial mentions in the lore than the followers of the other Dwarven god. If there is something more substantive I'd be very interested to hear what it is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Eldarain said:

Should we expect more reveals in the coming days? I must know who the Death character is.

There is a preview on Saturday but thats most likely only 40K.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

I'm increasingly wondering whether the belief in Light and Shadow Elves is mistaken. For years everyone has been speculating about these two hypothetical factions, but I've seen no official confirmation that they are a thing. It seems to me that a handful of mentions in lore and background books acknowledging that the Aelf Gods exist and have armies have been taken as proof positive that new Aelf armies are comming. We've then hyped them out of all proportions, with everyone repeating that they must be just around the corner and putting them on lists of known factions.

But what if this isn't the case at all? Maybe they don't plan to release a complete miniatures line for each aelven god after all!

There are other gods in the background, but I've never seen anyone say that some sort of new Grungni dwarves are coming, but as far as I can see the Light and Shadow aelves don't have any more substantial mentions in the lore than the followers of the other Dwarven god. If there is something more substantive I'd be very interested to hear what it is.

In the core book, this two things are not mentioned as light aelf and shadow aelf. but as "Some of those born to the Realm of Light were luminous beings, angelic creatures of pure reason.  Those given new life in Ulgu were majestic and terrible all at once." Is it enough for a proof that those two new aelf does exist?

3 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

In the core book, this two things are not mentioned as light aelf and shadow aelf. but as "Some of those born to the Realm of Light were luminous beings, angelic creatures of pure reason.  Those given new life in Ulgu were majestic and terrible all at once." Is it enough for a proof that those two new aelf does exist?

tumblr_oz8kl9PZtR1r9fvmzo1_500.gif

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Its interesting, but there are a lot of random new races described in the books that never actually get miniatures. I'm not saying that Light and Shadow Elves are impossible, just that I'm not so sure that they are coming any time soon. No one thought that we'd be getting Beast Aelves first, but it certainly looks that way.

32 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

I've never seen anyone say that some sort of new Grungni dwarves are coming

I keep saying this :( or at least, that Grungni dwarves are a possible new faction

• Like 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

10 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

The realm of light angelic aelves are clearly misdirection. Clearly the realm of light is full of moth aelves, drawn to the light. 

More information might be available closer to beast grave release, with sigmar warscrolls.

If they wanted to make wanderers and kurnathi into a faction while keeping kurnathi out of cities of Sigmar it's pretty simple. They'd just need to give wanderers both the wanderers keyword and the kurnathi keyword, while the new kurnathi don't have the wanderers keyword. That'd work fine under alliegiance rules, cities allow wanderer units, satyr aelves would not have that keyword.

2 minutes ago, Satyrical Sophist said:

The realm of light angelic aelves are clearly misdirection. Clearly the realm of light is full of moth aelves, drawn to the light. 

More information might be available closer to beast grave release, with sigmar warscrolls.

If they wanted to make wanderers and kurnathi into a faction while keeping kurnathi out of cities of Sigmar it's pretty simple. They'd just need to give wanderers both the wanderers keyword and the kurnathi keyword, while the new kurnathi don't have the wanderers keyword. That'd work fine under alliegiance rules, cities allow wanderer units, satyr aelves would not have that keyword.

I don't know anything about your first statement, is it something mentioned elsewhere or just your personal guessing?

It is even not sure whether the old wanders will join the kunorthi. We are still in the mist about how this new fraction will come out.

Edited by HammerOfSigmar

3 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

I don't know anything about your first statement, is it something mentioned elsewhere or just your personal guessing?

it was... satyre ;)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 2

Just now, CommissarRotke said:

it was... satyre ;)

Well, thanks....😅I mean whether this statement is expressed in AOS  related novel, article or battletome.

Looks like the preview on Saturday is for 40k, as expected.

If you haven’t already heard about the Warhammer record-setting mega-battle taking place this weekend, then you’ve clearly been lost beyond the light of the Astronomicon. This Warhammer 40,000: Apocalypse battle is set to be the biggest we’ve ever staged anywhere in the world. Epicness is guaranteed. There will even be an afterparty hosted in Bugman’s Bar that will include an exclusive Warhammer 40,000 Preview!

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, CommissarRotke said:

I keep saying this :( or at least, that Grungni dwarves are a possible new faction

As a dedicated fan of all things Dwarven I'd love for it to be true!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Vasshpit said:

Too many zogging aelves...🤢🤮

Good news: they're not aelves, they are sylvaneth.

Looking at the Beastgrave pics ... do I see some maw tokens on the board? Wouldn’t that be a somewhat new mechanic, placing hazards on the board? The pic on my phone is tough to zoom all the way but they don’t look like objectives to me.

• Like 1

Realistically speaking, what are the chances that we get new ungors based on those sculpts ? 

They look lovely, and they quite put current ungor to shame. 

1 minute ago, Saiken said:

Realistically speaking, what are the chances that we get new ungors based on those sculpts ? 

They look lovely, and they quite put current ungor to shame. 

We didn't get new clan rats, skeletons, or moonclan grots... I wouldn't hold my breath.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, madmac said:

I honestly feel like something totally derailed Darkoath behind the scenes, like the whole faction concept got eaten up into Warcry and the release shifted back a year.

I agree, though when you compare the style of some of the Warcry bands with the darkoath models there is a clear difference in style. I wonder if darkoath were seen as a bit cartoony, so they decided not to go that direction with a large scale release. 

I feel like at somepoint the tone and focus of aos changed. If you compare sequitors with liberators the newer models certainly seem a bit more grimdark. 

Re: responses to my original comment. The real proof of whether kurnothi are a one off for shadespire or the precursors of a new faction will come in the warscrolls. With Zarbag's we saw a lot of new keywords that previously didn't exist, madcap shaman, loonsmasha fanatic etc. 

If kurnothi have multiple new keywords I think we can expect them as a launch. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EccentricCircle said:

I mean, this version of AoS is centered around the Soul Wars. pretty central to the Soul wars is Slaneesh, and the siphoning of Aelf souls by Tyrion, Teclics, Malerion and Morathi.  We have already gotten Khinerai, Melusai, and Idoneth Deepkin out of this.  The Idoneth were an early attempt with flaws. Presumably they kept trying and successfully created new aelves from this that are something different. 

In the recent  Realmslayer audio drama, Gotrek sees a "Priestess robed in White and blue with a tall miter and crescent moon staff bedecked with symbols of Hysh" and says "I think I've just discovered what's gone wrong in this world"
The battlesmith with him says "I don't understand... it's just a priestess of Teclis"
Gotrek is familiar with Teclis, and the aelves of the old world, so there are for sure some Hysh aelves in the mortal realms that are somehow different. 

That's obviously just one mention, and they are mentioned else where.  
Will they get an army in AoS? Probably. Soon? Who knows. 

My point is, You compared them to dwarves. Dwarves are not currently central to the storyline in AoS. The Soul Wars are, and the pulling of Souls from Slaneesh is a major story point. It's not going to be surprising if more comes from that. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lord marcus said:

Are any of the boardgames a good deal?

the ones at B&N are supposed to be priced at 45-50$ so I would say they are. I may not get in to W:U but that intro set looks like a good buy to play with a friend/partner.

The beast elves look pretty stupid. The fish elves also of course look extremely stupid. My prediction would be that whatever the light elves end up being will also look stupid, but the shadow elves will look sort of cool.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 3