The Rumour Thread

2 hours ago, Double Misfire said:

Isn't Tyrion blind now? I can see strong arguments on both sides for him leading a cavalry charge...

2 hours ago, Whitefang said:

This is QI 'fact' so don't know if this was ever disproved buuuut there was this (british) lord who was so pious he wnated to fight. Sad thing was he was blind. Didn't stop him though. He did go to battle flanked by two knights who helped him towards the battle while he swung his sword around... Not the noble fate I imagined for Tyrion but GW has taken historical inspiration before ;) 

• LOVE IT! 1

8 minutes ago, Kramer said:

This is QI 'fact' so don't know if this was ever disproved buuuut there was this (british) lord who was so pious he wnated to fight. Sad thing was he was blind. Didn't stop him though. He did go to battle flanked by two knights who helped him towards the battle while he swung his sword around... Not the noble fate I imagined for Tyrion but GW has taken historical inspiration before ;) 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_of_Bohemia

Charged to his death on horseback, strapped to his retainers, having been blind for 10 years. 

But agreed probably not where GW are going.

• Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Cross posting from the Cities of Sigmar thread because it seems relevant to a lot of people:

Important news concerning recently axed units!

I'm not on the Facebooks, but a friend just sent me this:

LnMAoF0.jpg

It looks like the axed units will still be available to their parent factions, just not as part of Cities of Sigmar allegiance, your army has not been invalidated, and all of the units that didn't get discontinued are getting shiny new warscrolls. Business as usual, everybody wins I guess! 🥳

For dwarf artillery affectionados like myself, this means our Cities of Sigmar armies will still be able to ally in Cannons and Organ guns as part of the Blacksmoke Battery mercenary company.

Dwarf party!

giphy.gif

• Like 7
  • Confused 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

It still kinda sucks though since I wanted to get a Blacksmoke Battery merc company, but now the cannons will apparently be hard to get a hold of.  Makes sense that the wanderers/dispossessed allegiances will still be there though.  No reason to get rid of them.

It's basically GW saying that yes you can "keep using them" but chances are next year the GHB won't include updated points for them; it will all be going legacy. Plus GW wont' be supporting them with new models nor updated sculpts so if you only had 20 glade guard you'll have ot hunt second hand to get more (for example).

It's basically the same way they handle most legacy models; they don't outright ban them, but functionally they become more and more marginal whilst many events won't always allow their use. 

Of course chances are we will get new archers and such in the future so "counts as" still, and always, works. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Eldarain said:

Have they been keeping allegiance abilities/artifacts etc in GHBs for forces they no longer sell? Ie. Is this a year long farewell tour for the culled minis?

I don't believe we've been in this exact situation before, actually.  Early AoS didn't have allegiance abilities (anywhere, not just talking about the GHB), so all those early "squattings" didn't really have any implications that way that I know of.  The "squattings" that have happened more recently have usually been associated with a specific faction rework or just newer versions of the models coming out.  This case is a little awkward since Dispossessed and Wanderers don't have new reworks coming immediately that we know of.

30 minutes ago, Eldarain said:

Have they been keeping allegiance abilities/artifacts etc in GHBs for forces they no longer sell? Ie. Is this a year long farewell tour for the culled minis?

They explicitly said that the next ghb wouldn’t replace the old, so it makes sense that unless they specifically invalidate those rules in the next ghb the current rules will stay  

So I wouldn’t think it suddenly all gone as far as rules go, but if I were a betting man I wouldn’t bet on there still being points after the next update, Which won’t invalidate the rules but will kick it out of organised play. (Still would play against personally though)

Edited by Kramer

3 minutes ago, Kramer said:

They explicitly said that the next ghb wouldn’t replace the old, so it makes sense that unless they specifically invalidate those rules in the next ghb the current rules will stay  

So I wouldn’t think it suddenly all gone as far as rules go, but if I were a betting man I wouldn’t bet on there still being points after the next update, Which won’t invalidate the rules but will kick it out of organised play. (Still would play against personally though)

The new GHB won't replace the old - but the points booklet is a different thing bundled with it and that will change. Of course if there are models GW doesn't update the points for then sure people will use the oldest points; that's basically what many did when AoS launched - they used the old world points. 

• Like 2

Well, actually, TK, bretonnia and many discontinued models have points and key words in the GHB "Additional pitched battle section", so I think they will probably go there rather than the no-point "legacy" part, which means you can still use them in pitched battle. The only concern is that they might never get updated and appears to be useless in the game, but that's not "invalidating them" from my opinion.  If the COS allow Order allies, then for the discontinued units, the situation is not getting worse when compared with the situation before COS came. You will use it as allies for COS or just use the Order Allegeance(that's what people do before the COS is announced, isn't it?)

Eeer why are u happy about that coment????

I will translate that typical gw answer to his real meaning:

Yes u can squat those units since we are deleting them. Sure u can mount them up. Paint them up etc. And even play with them with old points and rules. ( like old high elves. Wood elves. Etc could) but in the real world they are dead without any rule. Point or army behind them.

Im in fact soooo sad about that answer...... I was hoping it wasnt true.and they would be rebasing some of them etc. But they are really squating most of the high elves.wood.and dwarfs models....

This is maybe the sadest notice from gw since the end of fantasy ( despite aos being a great game). And despite im an idoneth player ( since i forced myself to dont buy any old army like high elves because i knew how ****** gw can be) im with u all old elfs budys and feel ur pain.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

51 minutes ago, Kitsumy said:

out that answer...... I was hoping it wasnt true.and they would be rebasing some of them etc. But they are really squating most of the high elves.wood.and dwarfs models....

This is maybe the sadest notice from gw since the end of fantasy ( despite aos being a great game). And despite im an idoneth player ( since i forced myself to dont buy any old army like high elves because i knew how ****** gw can be) im with u all old elfs budys and feel ur pain.

Then you just have to wait for Tyrion's Aelfs. They are not going to be like High Elves (esthetically) but i'm pretty sure that will inherit the same personality (good guys but arrogants) and maybe playstyle.

Edited by Mungrun

4 hours ago, Eldarain said:

As far as I can remember the only faction to be outright deleted was the Gitmob Grots. Everyone else stayed in one form of another. 

5 hours ago, Ashendant said:

As far as I can remember the only faction to be outright deleted was the Gitmob Grots. Everyone else stayed in one form of another. 

Some greenskinz models were removed too but aside few models here and there (Skaven looking at you) most other factions survived as legacy so far. They still could not be allowed in most tournaments. But as someone pointed out already they are unsupported, without allegiance models as they were before. So nothing changed if not the confirmation they will not be supported in the near future.

To me this means two things: High Aelves and not Dark Aelves hit the greatest means High Aelves will be soon replaced by something and is not Cities of Sigmar. Unless Dark Aelves are out of CoS for some reason...

Dark Aelves will follow the same route soon or later probably closer to a Malerion release or something similar.

Moving on, some models are excellent for conversions. CoS looks interesting as a balance game of so many possible units available.

5 minutes ago, Ivo said:

It has elements of that tombstone with the pyramid/rays of light on it. Chuck in the oblique reference to 'curry favour' and it's all but confirmed the new Death faction is going to have a heavy Indo-Asian aesthetic to it. Which, well... depending on whether anyone at GW's been on a cultural sensitivity course in recent years could be absolutely awesome or, let's say, less so.

Or it's a new 40K White Scars model or something like that of course...

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JPjr said:

Chuck in the oblique reference to 'curry favour' and it's all but confirmed the new Death faction is going to have a heavy Indo-Asian aesthetic to it.

That would be the most inappropriate linguistic joke GW made recently lol

Looks like a terrain shot by something, doubt is a free people revival... could be any base however from either game