The Rumour Thread

Okay, after the first shock has settled: It makes sense that GW cuts all aged boxes instead of repackaging. The more expensive ones like Eternal Guards and Longbeards look more AoS and less WHFB which is better for the brand in general. Also, they can so prevent people from just undusting their old armies.

Nah, at least another big step in GW´s aesthetic conversion.

• Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Lord marcus said:

Don't quote them as gone until gw let's fly the list. Things could be getting reboxed

What does "last chance to  buy" mean to you?

I guess it could mean last chance to buy this summer, or last chance to buy at the current currency exchange rate. 

Reboxing does not quite seem to fit, particularly when they gave us a heads up a few weeks ago that the Free Cities battletome meant a culling was coming.  I did not think it would be quite this much though.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

One thing bothers me. Because Kurnothi are in a box to start 3 season... I mean they wouldn't throw one-time "brand" into a box that is supposed to sell well. At least better than solo warband boxes. That's why they had put Stormcasts in every bigger box (thankfully they stopped lately). On the other hand I wonder if they don't target the same group that already owns Sylvaneth which was updated just now. Maybe if Kurnothi will be shooting army. I don't mind similarities and will happily own both Sylvaneth and Kurnothi.

My biggest concern is about Dispossessed Warriors, Cannons and Freeguild General. On the one hand I believe it may go with copyright claims I mentioned before so that they are going to rename them, give them more interesting poses and so on. Just to make them less generic. But on the other hand I'm afraid that they are just going to disappear and the story of The Old World just finally comes to an end.

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, KrecikOwsik said:

My biggest concern is about Dispossessed Warriors, Cannons and Freeguild General. On the one hand I believe it may go with copyright claims I mentioned before so that they are going to rename them, give them more interesting poses and so on. Just to make them less generic. But on the other hand I'm afraid that they are just going to disappear and the story of The Old World just finally comes to an end.

Well I am very unhappy right now.

I mean the canons has such a huge footprint in age of Sigmar, represented not only in multiple books but also a unit that was the basic unit options for 1-2months in the generals handbooks as an merchant option.

and with the sky cutters who basically just came out a month or two before the end times and with it the age of Sigmar was announced, it will make people very unhappy, since this guys will be hard to replace in any way.

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Well I am very unhappy right now.

I mean the canons has such a huge footprint in age of Sigmar, represented not only in multiple books but also a unit that was the basic unit options for 1-2months in the generals handbooks as an merchant option.

and with the sky cutters who basically just came out a month or two before the end times and with it the age of Sigmar was announced, it will make people very unhappy, since this guys will be hard to replace in any way.

I doubt cannons will disappear since cannons are the core of what the ironweld Arsenal is about.

I am expecting a new cannon which will be more fantastical designwise.

I doubt the skycutter will vanish, if so: well the only good thing about it was the eagle anyway xD #FlyingBathtub

• Like 1

Right now only the Dispossessed Warriors and Loremaster are left on the UK store - everything else is either fully gone or "out of stock" which might well mean the same as fully gone (GW don't appear to be doing another print run). So by the time the GW community article goes up the UK store likely won't have anything left at all. That is unless GW does another run of castings, which is looking doubtful. 

Makes sense that Dragons will now only be a Dark Elf Image seeng as Malerion will be some sort of dragon fusion god and if the other Aelfs are a tell tale then that might mean the Dark Elves might be draconic in aspect, or winged, or have derpy dragon heads, I don’t know just a thought. 

Edited by Kronos
Try though I might, I type with the proficiency of a cloven animal, hence the typos.
  • Haha 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

17 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

What is the record of survival of a Christmas box? That STD box is still there in last chance to buy in between aelves, humies and duardins lol

I think it was the Vanguard box of Stormcast that survived almost a year?

It's very variable, right now its still there, but I figure if GW announced a new Slaves Battletome it would vanish fast. All the others vanished very fast, but Slaves haven't had a battletome through the whole history of AoS. This means that there's a higher chance that most slaves players were players before AoS, whilst others are only drafting in the odd model as allies for other Chaos armies, so they don't need/want that many models. 

You can see the same pattern for many of their duel boxes, the only abnormality is the Khorne and Slaanesh box though I do wonder if that is because they simply made way more of them because Khorne has been popular for a very long time and Slaanesh got a big update this year. 

1 hour ago, Overread said:

Right now only the Dispossessed Warriors and Loremaster are left on the UK store - everything else is either fully gone or "out of stock" which might well mean the same as fully gone (GW don't appear to be doing another print run). So by the time the GW community article goes up the UK store likely won't have anything left at all. That is unless GW does another run of castings, which is looking doubtful. 

Don't Miss Out!

It's your Last Chance to Buy these classic Aelf, Duardin and Free Peoples models! If you've always dreamed of owning these miniatures, this is your final opportunity to secure yours – they're going fast and not coming back.

• LOVE IT! 1

59 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:
Don't Miss Out!

It's your Last Chance to Buy these classic Aelf, Duardin and Free Peoples models! If you've always dreamed of owning these miniatures, this is your final opportunity to secure yours – they're going fast and not coming back.

Only 3 and a half hours until I get my notification email!

2 hours ago, alghero81 said:

What is the record of survival of a Christmas box? That STD box is still there in last chance to buy in between aelves, humies and duardins lol

2017's Genestealer Cults Battleforce lasted well over a year. It was about two months into finally receiving a proper 8th codex that it sold out.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Clan's Cynic said:

The tzench/tzangors Christmas box lasted way more than a year also. It vanished just before I was interested in it. As usual.😜

5 minutes ago, Turin Turambar said:

question: why do some of the last chance to buy stuff have the the Temporarily out of stock Online if they are going away. why not just say they are no longer available if they are out of stock? why is a last chance to buy thing "temporarily"? its confuseing

Sometimes they want to rebox them or add different bases/manuals. So they go out of stock, other times they are just sold out for a while. They may still have unpackaged/unboxed sprues and such they want to dump in a short period of time.

@Kugane no what i mean is they have last chance to buy label on them, but are temporarily out of stock. doesn't last chance to buy mean they are being squatted.

example the blackark corsairs are temporarily out of stock but not last chance to buy (and thus are probably just getting a new box and new round bases), but the skycutter is both temporarily out of stock but also last chance to buy.