Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

Just a quick question guys.

Isn't there an event this week when we could see a GW seminar? I'm pretty sure there is one (where we'll see more details for the two new BT IMHO) but I can't find which one is it 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ghark said:

Just a quick question guys.

Isn't there an event this week when we could see a GW seminar? I'm pretty sure there is one (where we'll see more details for the two new BT IMHO) but I can't find which one is it 😁

GenCon is at the start of August? Not heard anything about GW there, but its the big one, so I'm sure they'd want some presence there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The problem with StD that makes it unlikely they will just get a new book is that GW have to balance their units for four other factions. If they make positive changes to chaos warriors, knights etc then these models could accidentally unbalance khorne, Tzeentch and so on. 

At the same time they don't want to take marks of chaos away when players have been able to build armies for the other chaos gods including StD models. 

As such I do think that when we see a chaos unaligned book it will have some new models. That does mean it could be a long way off though. 

I expect tzeentch as the chaos tome. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ghark said:

Just a quick question guys.

Isn't there an event this week when we could see a GW seminar? I'm pretty sure there is one (where we'll see more details for the two new BT IMHO) but I can't find which one is it 😁

Gw is doing a preview event on August 3rd but it is for 40k only. Gw will be at gencon but they haven't said anything specific about announcements. There is a possibility we will hear more about beastgrave or warcry but probably not anything for mainline AOS. The next big preview event will be at Nova at the end of August.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chikout said:

Gw is doing a preview event on August 3rd but it is for 40k only. Gw will be at gencon but they haven't said anything specific about announcements. There is a possibility we will hear more about beastgrave or warcry but probably not anything for mainline AOS. The next big preview event will be at Nova at the end of August. 

Thanks for your answer mate ;)

I think we'll see more pictures for the space marines which appeared blurred in the primaris lieutenant video a few weeks ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, skeen77 said:

I'm tired of the beat of this drum. StD are in a terrible spot and we all know it. This thread isn't for complaining about that.

"My faction is ok,  and I don't care about yours" opinion. Cool thanks for sharing.

 

Bummer I thought we would have some AoS august 3rd. The waiting game continues.

Edited by Sete

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sete said:

"My faction is ok,  and I don't care about yours" opinion. Cool thanks for sharing.

 

Bummer I thought we would have some AoS august 3rd. The waiting game continues.

I know it's frustrating but there is no way they will leave std behind. In some ways the longer is goes on the better chances you have of a bigger chaos unaligned release. 

Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle and now Slaanesh all got fairly meaty releases with new kits, Skaven got a tome, new hero and spells. When it comes to the next chaos faction to get a large scale release it almost certainly has to be StD. 

(as I said earlier I do expect a small release for tzeentch first). 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Sete said:

"My faction is ok,  and I don't care about yours" opinion. Cool thanks for sharing.

I don't think its that at all; its more that at this point in time its clear that

1) Slaves to Darkness are not being removed from the game

2) GW is adding more Battletomes at a quick pace so its more a matter of When rather than If 

Furthermore general ranting online won't resolve anything, so all it does is create a negative atmosphere. Asides Slaves to Darkness are not that bad off compared to some; they still have a pretty full and varied roster of models; they have some abilities and gear in both the 2018 and 2019 Generals Handbooks and they just got 3 warbands of new models (with 3 more coming soon) which; whilst they are not game-changing; they are decent blocks of warriors priced at a regular price (takes around 3 boxes to make a full unit) with some really neat sculpts and unique appearances. 

 

Slaves are not the worst off by a long margin, its just somewhat surprising that they weren't paired with Warcry. However you can't argue against the fact that Destruction has only 1 functional 2.0 battletome at present and that the human, dwarf and aelf mess in Order was a huge point of confusion and detracting interest for new potential gamers and a big subset of former/current gamers in the game. Resolving both with two battletomes is a powerful move. Once they are both out Destruction will have nearly been finished in terms of Battletomes and Order will have had a huge clear up of factions.

 

Seriously we'll be left just needing:

Ogors battletome for Destruction (its fairly clear GW will merge beastclaw and gutbusters) - which is likely coming soon since they just previewed a new leader model for the faction (if its like skaven and flesheaters than the duel battle box might well come with a new battletome at launch).

Slaves to Darkness

Tzeentch

Seraphon

Kharadron Overlords

Basically in total only 7 battletomes. GW could easily get 5 or 6 of them into the remaining half of the year, more if they double up!

 

Note that at present only Gutbusters and Slaves to Darkness have never had a battletome through the whole history of AoS. To me this suggests that Slaves must come this year; that at least means GW hits Christmas with every army holding at battletome at some point in its AoS history. It's then just a case of updating old Tomes to new editions for 2.0

Edited by Overread
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not talking about the lack of BT or not, just his attitude. Rilling up people that are already frustrated and disappointed, is not a great move. The Bird people have a name for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Sete said:

Not talking about the lack of BT or not, just his attitude. Rilling up people that are already frustrated and disappointed, is not a great move. The Bird people have a name for it.

Their attitude was no worse than the original complaints were. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For balance problem, I don't think it will be a big issues. The STD battletome can just empower the STD units in great scale and this won't affect how those units perform in the Chaos god army. For example, FEC dragon is very deadly in FEC army(strike first, attack twice without interruption, but anyone really try using it in LON list? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Overread that seems a quite ambitious plan to close that many battletomes this year!! They said they would complete the roster by end of 2020, so it’s possible they can actually obtain this before mid 2020 but by the end of 2019 seems just too crammed... some battletomes seem a good occasion to add new miniatures so need more time in the busy schedule.

I personally don’t think we will see more than 2 of the tomes you mentioned this year. Maybe January will bring one or two more but seems more realistic they will be delivered within the next 12 months.

The question is: what will come after? Will we receive updates for existing 2.0 factions or only new armies or a mix?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, HollowHills said:

The problem with StD that makes it unlikely they will just get a new book is that GW have to balance their units for four other factions. If they make positive changes to chaos warriors, knights etc then these models could accidentally unbalance khorne, Tzeentch and so on. 

At the same time they don't want to take marks of chaos away when players have been able to build armies for the other chaos gods including StD models. 

As such I do think that when we see a chaos unaligned book it will have some new models. That does mean it could be a long way off though. 

I expect tzeentch as the chaos tome. 

The simplest solution would be to take the route that Beasts of Chaos took, with expensive battalions enabling the marks for god-specific factions. This ensures that they can push the warscrolls a bit more for the actual StD army while keeping them both available and balanced for god-specific factions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, alghero81 said:

@Overread that seems a quite ambitious plan to close that many battletomes this year!! They said they would complete the roster by end of 2020, so it’s possible they can actually obtain this before mid 2020 but by the end of 2019 seems just too crammed... some battletomes seem a good occasion to add new miniatures so need more time in the busy schedule.

I personally don’t think we will see more than 2 of the tomes you mentioned this year. Maybe January will bring one or two more but seems more realistic they will be delivered within the next 12 months.

The question is: what will come after? Will we receive updates for existing 2.0 factions or only new armies or a mix?

It really depends, strictly speaking, Nurgle, DOK, idk, LON, SCE and nighthaunt are not fully 2.0 armys by now but none of them are desperate for an update like STD. If we ignore those, then the armies needed to be updated but has not been anounced yet are very few left: STD,  seraphon, KO and TZ.  If so, everything should be done before 2020 April then.

Edited by HammerOfSigmar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC GW released 8 or 9 Battletomes in 2016, that was the maximum so far.

This year there are 9 if I am not mistaken (counting Orruks, CoS and Sylvaneth already), I admit I'd be kinda surprised if there were more than two additional ones.

It would be a pleasant surprise though, especially if something scaly is involved. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Aginor said:

IIRC GW released 8 or 9 Battletomes in 2016, that was the maximum so far.

This year there are 9 if I am not mistaken (counting Orruks, CoS and Sylvaneth already), I admit I'd be kinda surprised if there were more than two additional ones.

It would be a pleasant surprise though, especially if something scaly is involved. :)

Counting those confirmed but not released yet ones, it's alreay 11 tomes

Gitz, skaven, FEC, Khorne, Fyreslayer, S, Slyn, cities of sigmar, orruk, orgor, new death(probably skeleton)

There is at least one more chaos, so it will be at least 12 in total this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ogor battletome not announced so it could still be a 2020 release window although unlikely considering the existing pace. Still 7 in 7 months, 2 more announced and at least 2 unannounced but already discussed for this year (death and chaos). That’s 4 more in 4 months if in December they slow down, that’s a lot...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

It really depends, strictly speaking, Nurgle, DOK, idk, LON, SCE and nighthaunt are not fully 2.0 armys by now but none of them are desperate for an update like STD. If we ignore those, then the armies needed to be updated but has not been anounced yet are very few left: STD,  seraphon, KO and TZ.  If so, everything should be done before 2020 April then.

I agree they could be the next one, question is if after this rush to get all battletomes the next will be always followed by new miniatures like before this trend. Technically they are already 2.0 tomes so they could not be in a hurry to update them... or be the next batch 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Kurrilino said:

You bet that those people won't stop to share their paine.

I'm more of a Nurgle player but i absolutely understand when people are treated more than unfair. You can fill libraries with Stormcast books alone.

Problem is they never actually fix anything in the SCE books. They just add new units, people complain, they nerf em, regardless of the fact that SCE has a barely 47% win rate in all major tournaments. Meanwhile Skaven FEC and DoK get away with the lightest of touches. Id be ok with no new units for my SCE for two more years if they finally fixed the book and made the battalions playable instead of being utter trash.

SCE is just held up by the Anvils ability and decent warscrolls at this point. Little to no synergy in that army unlike the battletomes we've seen this year

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, alghero81 said:

I agree they could be the next one, question is if after this rush to get all battletomes the next will be always followed by new miniatures like before this trend. Technically they are already 2.0 tomes so they could not be in a hurry to update them... or be the next batch 

Not to mention the possibility of new armies altogether. Beastgrave hints at an eventual Wanderer revamp, we've already got Tyrion and Malerion army hints, Dispossessed seem likely to get their own tome eventually, and that's just Order. There's also the potential of new model releases for factions that were already updated, like how Chaos got a big model update in 40k this year, even though their tome was already updated.

All things considered, I don't know that borderline 2.0 factions are likely to get new tomes short of a new edition or new models.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, madmac said:

Not to mention the possibility of new armies altogether. Beastgrave hints at an eventual Wanderer revamp, we've already got Tyrion and Malerion army hints, Dispossessed seem likely to get their own tome eventually, and that's just Order. There's also the potential of new model releases for factions that were already updated, like how Chaos got a big model update in 40k this year, even though their tome was already updated.

All things considered, I don't know that borderline 2.0 factions are likely to get new tomes short of a new edition or new models.

Exactly my thoughts, only AoS 2.0 seems quite stable so I would not expect a new version  anytime soon.

KO didn’t get a wave 2 so seems unlikely IDK would get it before them. Just endless spells and terrain seems also not so likely. On the other hand they can’t release 3 new armies every year so we can expect an interesting couple of years in front of us!!

As I said before I imagine subfactions being expanded but still be compatible within their soup tomes for a really difficult balancing puzzle for GW!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Re: books released just before 2.0, Idoneth, Nurgle, LoN, DoK etc. 

I think they will want to give these factions endless spells at somepoint, DoK and LoN potentially will get scenery also. 

Given that GW said they expect to have all tomes at 2.0 standard by the end of 2020 I suspect we will see releases for these armies mid to late next year. 2 years for a book to be valid is legitimate, plus I doubt it would take them until late 2020 to update all the factions if we discount the borderline ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest more than faction terrain and endless spell I believe those “first wave 2.0” tomes require here and there some rules rewrite to be more consistent. Many rules (and spells) coming after have been phrased in different and more efficient ways 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/27/2019 at 10:39 AM, HollowHills said:

I do really hope this wanderers rumours come true, but I don't see another major release in 2019 after this new death faction.

I hope people aren't confusing the Orion trilogy re-release with a Wanderer rumour :(

1994 4th Ed WE, 2005 6th ed WE, 2014 8th ed WE,.. well it has been two editions of a game system but it hasn't been the requisite 9-11 years to rerelease Wood Elves 😉

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

Counting those confirmed but not released yet ones, it's alreay 11 tomes

Gitz, skaven, FEC, Khorne, Fyreslayer, S, Slyn, cities of sigmar, orruk, orgor, new death(probably skeleton)

There is at least one more chaos, so it will be at least 12 in total this year.

Hmmm not sure about the Ogors and New Death. Ogors might be just a battle box and no tome (yet), didn't we have something like that before?

And the new Death, yeah it might be this year. I just didn't include them because we don't really know anything about them. The others are confirmed to be Battletomes.

 

Either way: GW is really producing quite some books this year! 2019 is a new record for AoS releases. :)

 

Edit:
As for the Tomes released shortly before 2.0, like LoN, IDK, DOK and Nurgle : I think they are fine. Back then GW said that they designed them with 2.0 already in mind, didn't they?

Edited by Aginor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...