The Rumour Thread

Anyone else notice that with that Beastgrave box, they just gave BoC players new plastic models for a Beastlord and a Bray-Shaman?

Anyone hoping they will do the same for Bonesplitters when they enter the fray (and they will, or it is the greatest injustice ever done by GW)?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, tom_gore said:

Anyone else notice that with that Beastgrave box, they just gave BoC players new plastic models for a Beastlord and a Bray-Shaman?

Anyone hoping they will do the same for Bonesplitters when they enter the fray (and they will, or it is the greatest injustice ever done by GW)?

I find the shamans “clothing” weird, like the lizard man blood bowl teams clothing and overall cartoonish sculpts

Edited by Mandzak-Miniatures

Am I the only one who does not really like  those minis? If they do such a faction, I'd be really disappointed. Fish aelves were a big delirium for me (while I truly find some mini amazing). DoK, I like them but I find the range of unit (especially big monsters) too short. I wouldn't like a faun army. Feels too wild.

I miss the time where elves were a shiny super soldiers army. The top of elegance and efficiency.  But that's just me.

Edited by GeneralZero
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Am I the only one who does not really like  those minis? If they do such a faction, I'd be really disappointed. Fish aelves were a big delirium for me (while I truly find some mini amazing). DoK, I like them but I find the range of unit (especially big monsters) too short. I wouldn't like a faun army. Feels too wild.

I miss the time where elves were a shiny super soldiers army. The top of elegance and efficiency.  But that's just me.

I think those type of aelf armies will be made from cities of sigmar, where the newer aelf armies will be all the stuff coming out

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

Kurnoth died in the age of chaos, killed by Nurgle peeps. 

They could bring him back, replanted a bit like Alerielle. Personally I think it's more likely Orion will be a named character for them who leads their forces. 

There is a section in the Sylvaneth Battletome that implies some aspect of Kurnoth survived. 

That, plus the fact that it highlights they caught Kurnoth in his winter aspect makes me think he’ll make a return. 

1 hour ago, tom_gore said:

The Beastlord is actually a Bestigor according to the article but yeah I don't see why you couldn't run it as one. New plastic Bray-Shaman is great to give some variety if you're running more than one since the current sculpt is actually not that bad, that new Bray-Shaman is actually my favourite beasts of chaos model now. My hope is Bonesplitters either get a Beastgrave warband or they get a new model/sculpt or two when Orruk-Clans comes out.

• Like 1

Just zoomed in to get a good look at the board, and noticed a ungor raider on the top right board edge. 

My guess is a ambushing mechanic. Still not sold on the kurnothi, but the board design is compensating hard. Personal preference of course  

45BA778E-74C0-48B6-B1EA-47A448283F78.png.ffe7052af63fed950eb255445537b354.png

• Like 2

whilst I wouldn't normally expect a big faction release to go on sale this close to Christmas if we haven't seen anything beforehand then this strikes me as a pretty good moment to at least reveal the alleged new Death mob (or its leader at any rate). 

Screenshot 2019-08-02 at 12.40.56.png

not hugely interested in the conscept of beast-aelves, and if I wanted to play with fauns and centaurs I'd play beasts of chaos. that being said I am mildy interested to see what their lore is (especially as they are called aelf-like which implies they were not orginally aelves) and what their army will look like (whether they will be combined with wanderers, aswell as what other stuff will they have?)

like most of the new stuff, I find them unorginal and uninteresting, but see their potential with a few kit bashes (but thats just me)

Kurnothi are all AoS is about. They bring tradition onto new level. No more generic dwarfs - Fyreslayers and Kharadrons. No more traditional wood elves - Kurnothi. Making them more feral and beast-like is far more interesting. Would love to have a whole army of them. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOVE IT! 1

35 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Kurnothi are all AoS is about. They bring tradition onto new level. No more generic dwarfs - Fyreslayers and Kharadrons. No more traditional wood elves - Kurnothi. Making them more feral and beast-like is far more interesting. Would love to have a whole army of them. 

I think you can have both Worlds. DoK got that mix just right with the old and new.

Mixed wanderers and kurnothi can work the same way imo. Same can be said for all the 3 old elven races.  You end up pleasing your fanbase AND attract new customers at the same time.

• LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

I think you can have both Worlds. DoK got that mix just right with the old and new.

Mixed wanderers and kurnothi can work the same way imo. Same can be said for all the 3 old elven races.  You end up pleasing your fanbase AND attract new customers at the same time.

Yes and no, depending on the person. I was on the fence with DoK. I bought the battleforce box because I really liked new models. Two months later I sold that box when I realised I really don't want to paint loads of witch elves which I don't like and they usually are backbone of DoK armies. Same can happen to me with other mixes of old and new. And I can already tell you I don't want old Wanderers minis (mostly). That's even stronger for High Elves. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

55 minutes ago, Aryann said:

Making them more feral and beast-like is far more interesting

No, this is just a mater of taste. And as several other said it, I am not on this side. But, GW has this talent to create some Minis that catch you to the whole army! For example, I'm not DoK or Slanesh, but when I see morathi or Syll'Esske or keeper, (or even the 3 GUO)  I want those armies !

BTW, I like also the traditional armies that give on the battlefield some nice contrast in the armies. A human army vs a  daemon one look pretty nice on the table.

And we don't have many classic armies. It'd be nice to have few. (thinking of KO, SCE, Human..oups free cities, dwarves and that's it. Want my old elves lol!!!)

• Like 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

14 hours ago, Kramer said:

I wholeheartedly disagree. The first part is subjective and the second part isn’t true for me at all. Because while 

I do care if they fit in, the rule of cool is more important. For example I’m currently painting up old dwarf daemon slayers and they definitely don’t fit in with the AoS dwarfs. The proportions are all wrong in comparison, they are designed to be slightly comical and they should be the biggest and baddest but are smaller in stature than arkanauts. Still the best models I painted and even seen up close all year... to me.

Painting them is a joy, they look good in my eyes, I like the goofy proportions and over the top design. But a lot people wouldn’t consider them good, nor do they fit in with the recent dwarf designs. 

When I read the above sentence I kind of think you might mean the nostalgia some people have for the old mini’s? (Genuine question) 

Firstly, those older dwarf models such as the old rangers and slayers are gorgeous. They have that wonderful hand made feel that oozes charm and character.

I was trying to encourage people to stop implying that old equals bad in my last post. For example, I’ve read posts here saying Freeguild Guard models are bad because they are old. People then almost assume they are rubbish. I’ve painted forty of those bad boys and they are really very nice.

Also apologies, I didn’t express myself very well in my last post.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

And we don't have many classic armies. It'd be nice to have few. (thinking of KO, SCE, Human..oups free cities, dwarves and that's it. Want my old elves lol!!!)

The direction Gw has followed on 2.0 is pretty cool. Finally support for a bunch of models!

It makes the customers feel safe, allow people to invest their cash on a product they enjoy without the handicap of having no rules or beeing phased out.

And really if you think about it, most of those ranges only needed a book to work.

1 hour ago, Aryann said:

I agree! I really like how GW takes established concepts and elevates them onto a whole new level. 
Thats why I never had a problem with all the different mini factions. The possibility of turning them into full factions was very exciting for me. 

I still hope we get a full Phoenix Temple army one day...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Greyshadow said:

For example, I’ve read posts here saying Freeguild Guard models are bad because they are old. People then almost assume they are rubbish. I’ve painted forty of those bad boys and they are really very nice.

I was one of the persons saying I don't like the guard or crossbowmen, and yes, I have quite a few of them.

It's not because they are old, I mean I like the 1980's familiars, the '90's Bretonnian Bowmen, the volley gun and helblaster rockets and the 2009 archers, just not the guards and crossbowmen. I even like the state troops better, and they have too few poses.