The Rumour Thread

13 hours ago, Captain Marius said:

I would expect Slaves to Darkness to be a big release next year, bringing Archaon back into the narrative and hopefully building on all the warcry designs to make something truly awesome. I think its fair theyre basically the last faction to get updated as to be fair theyve had new rules x3 for khorne, +1 for nurgle tzeentch and slaanesh AND had allegiance abilities in the GHB for 3 years. Ive enjoyed playing mine using these various rule sets and im not really fussed about having to wait a bit longer, i have plenty of stuff to paint and play in the meantime!

And don’t forget they can mix them with Beasts of Chaos as well if you want a more wild army!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PaniuBraniu said:

As to pre-orders, black library has re-relised the Orion series as a trilogy. That normally would be meaningless, but given all these Beastgrave/Ghur teasers and rumours...

Yeah, that always struck me as curious, even before Beastgrave was announced.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Ok, any ideas when the two new battletomes will hit the web-store for pre-order?

I specifically am hoping today 

When a battletome was anounced on a convention it was most likely 4-6 weeks until release. So I think it will be end of august until release (except for Sylvaneth this was be the case for most other battletomes, Blades of Khorne, Fyreslayers etc.).

51 minutes ago, EMMachine said:

When a battletome was anounced on a convention it was most likely 4-6 weeks until release. So I think it will be end of august until release (except for Sylvaneth this was be the case for most other battletomes, Blades of Khorne, Fyreslayers etc.).

I think it will be less time than that.  It's possible that these were due for release earlier but were held up by the Sylvaneth tome delay.  In which case, they probably need to get back to their original schedule before Christmas comes around.  Especially considering possible Ogors and StD releases as well.

13 hours ago, AthlorianStoners said:

Interested in this as well. 

If not, does anyone know where I can find a summary of the lore in the book? 

On YouTube 2+ tough did an story review and some of the podcasts did as well. I always really like The Mortal Realms especially about lore subjects: https://podcasts.apple.com/nl/podcast/the-mortal-realms-a-warhammer-age-of-sigmar-podcast/id1034491598?i=1000443976990

I don’t think it will be that delayed the Orc tome and also, according to the rumours, October is the month of the new army.

September will be Warhammer Underworld in line with previous years right? So the new battletomes should be sometime in August most likely end of August, with Beastgrave and the new box set coming next 

That brings us in October with the new army and we can only hope November brings us the last Chaos battletome before the Christmas holidays. 

6 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Cities of Sigmar and Orruck will be released simultaneously. Pretty sure of that. Like they did for FEC/SKAVEN which where reveled the same way.

Agree, seems like a one week double battletome release to me. 

I do really hope this wanderers rumours come true, but I don't see another major release in 2019 after this new death faction.

• Like 1

Not sure about a double release if you consider that neither one ties to the new army box (which has Ogors and something else in it). Double week release would be fantastic and GW has, as noted, done it before; but its rare to see them doing it. I wouldn't pin my hopes on it, but if we get it then all the better - faster delivery and more room for more Tomes! 

1 hour ago, HollowHills said:

Agree, seems like a one week double battletome release to me. 

I do really hope this wanderers rumours come true, but I don't see another major release in 2019 after this new death faction.

Not sure about that.  Skaven and FEC came together because they were both in a Battle box.  There's no indication of a Battle box with Cities/Orruks.  If anything GW has been hunting of a Ogor/Death Battle box sometime in the future.

Anyhow, point being, this feels like a different situation than Skaven and FEC.  I think we should expect consecutive releases, rather than simultaneous ones.

14 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

What do you guys think about terrain and endless spells for the 2 new books?

It would be weired without then but for such a huge soup of factions will be a complex task.

I don't know that it would be that complicated really.

Orruk magic and iconography is constant between both Ironjawz and Bonesplittas.  You'd just need a big Girl/Mork idol (or whatever), and some suitably Orruky looking endless spells and you're in business.

Admittedly, Cities stuff would be a but harder to work out, but hardly impossible.  Some sort of military structure for the terrain (watchtower, bunker, supply wagon, etc).  The spells could be done in a mix of generic magical effects, with some summoned Griffon or Eagle effects thrown in for flavor.

52 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

Admittedly, Cities stuff would be a but harder to work out, but hardly impossible.  Some sort of military structure for the terrain (watchtower, bunker, supply wagon, etc).  The spells could be done in a mix of generic magical effects, with some summoned Griffon or Eagle effects thrown in for flavor.

Well, maybe we will get one for each race, with the Duardin having a priest-based one and humans and Aelves magic-based ones.

24 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

Well, maybe we will get one for each race, with the Duardin having a priest-based one and humans and Aelves magic-based ones.

No, there is pretty much zero chance of that.  The terrain and endless spells are cheap little projects for their Chinese manufacturing  arm.  No way are they going to spend that much time and energy making all those variants for one single army like Cities.

They will just come up with one single model/concept that matches best with the most amount of Free Cities aesthetic, and call it a day.

2 hours ago, mikethefish said:

A watchtower with the choice of a human, duardin, or aelven (or more faction specific) beacon on top, each with different gameplay effects/unit buffs would be neat.

Heck, I'd be happy with them just rereleasing Deathknell Watch.

2104-large.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Double Misfire said:

A watchtower with the choice of a human, duardin, or aelven (or more faction specific) beacon on top, each with different gameplay effects/unit buffs would be neat.

Heck, I'd be happy with them just rereleasing Deathknell Watch.

2104-large.jpg

Oh I'd love this - a terrain piece for Cities that acts like a bunker you can plop a unit of Troops Inside? Yes Please :D