Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

4 minutes ago, Segersgia said:

I don’t wnat to get my hopes up, but the accent of narrator gave me a very “Settra the Imperishable vibe”. Compare it with his voice in Total war.

I just check a video from Total War and I have to agree that although it's most likely not the same voice actor, the accent is fairly similar. And the whole "I survived the hammer of Sigmar" and the bones theme also fit. The "my master" and "in my homeland", not so much though.

Gentlemen, it's time to place your bets!

4 minutes ago, carnith said:

Remember Settra is a stormcast. Also Settra would not be so eager to break free, just to go to Nagash, who he hates.

Or not. We don't know for sure. There is just an easter egg in the Hamilcar books about that talks about him.

Maybe it's just that...an easter egg or maybe you are right. 

Edited by Beliman

Tom Lyons did have that TK rumour a few weeks back too.

I'm going left-field... Arkhan (i.e. not Settra) leading some TK.

He's a skeleton (i.e. bones), was aligned with Nagash (and TK before that) and, unlike Settra, wouldn't balk of the idea of having a "master".

Edited by Kyriakin

At the Open Day I got chance to speak to Sam Pearson (rules writer) about the Cities book. He obviously wouldn't say much but was very enthusiastic about it - I got the impression it was something of a passion project for him (this was backed up by lots of other GW staff encouraging me to speak to Sam whenever I mentioned that I was interested in the Cities book).

He said that he'd reviewed all the relevent warscrolls and had had to do a fair bit of tidying up with some of them to make them more realistic. The example he gave was something like a model which carried 2 weapons but warscroll had them using 3 in the same phase/turn. He also said that he had written rules to improve some of the weaknesses of AoS - his example was that cavalry currently "hit like a wet fish" and he'd tried to address that.

Edited by Nick in York
Clarifying what I remember from the conversation.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • LOVE IT! 1

Maybe new death army (since Death is getting a battletome and all of their armies have battletomes now) judging by the name (Feast of Bones sounds like army of skeletons). 

Huh guess I was right, a new death army to fight against the Ogors. 
I am guessing that the army is going to based around skeletons judging the entrance being surrounded by skeletons and the whole Feast of Bones deal.

The character in that video is mostly likely a Mortarch and I think it is Krell since he was a skeleton,  already made a Mortarch during The End Times and was loyal to Nagash throughout The End Times (unlike other End Time Mortarchs).

If Krell is back I want him to have the ability to summon Kemmler as a ghost to be his pet wizard, a reverse of their relationship in Fantasy. 

• Like 2

Ogor Tyrant is cool, but this open day is feeling rather, well, closed.

B275DCE7-1F35-4A50-AC99-82EFBFE50611.jpeg

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 1

🤔

Oh my gosh it's Krell... Since in the video he said he escaped a prison (he did) and he fought ghal Mazar too

And he is the best leader for a skelly army

Edited by calcysimon
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

Could it be... Back from the great beyond? I dare scarcely speak the name Tomb Kings, but in my heart of hearts my hope lives on. 

New Death trailer screams TK to me. The bones, the accent, the music, the architecture, I don't see anything there that suggests Krell at all.

We've had a Tomb Kings rumor for a while now, so it's not exactly shocking news.

That said, not convinced it's Settra. It certainly could be, a lot of these old world Gods/characters have convenient amnesia problems, but there isn't much that points to him specifically.

Edited by madmac
  • Like 1

No one has talked about this yet directly. But I really like the setting of the new Underworlds Season:

Bringing the ultimate competitive miniatures game to the heart of a living mountain in Ghur, the Realm of Beasts, we’re incredibly excited to see just what warbands and mechanics we can look forward to.

Ghur is such a cool realm. I really hope they will explore Ghur-ian themes more in AoS. If they really focus on Ghur I am utterly excited with the new concepts they will come up with.

Edited by Infeston

Im up for new skellies, and Vlad/Vampires.

1 minute ago, madmac said:

New Death trailer screams TK to me. The bones, the accent, the music, the architecture, I don't see anything there that suggests Krell at all.

We've had a Tomb Kings rumor for a while now, so it's not exactly shocking news.

That said, not convinced it's Settra. It certainly could be, a lot of these old world Gods/characters have convenient amnesia problems, but there isn't much that points to him specifically.

I think Bone rattle rather than Tomb Kings. The architecture/the music/the accent gave me a northern India/Mughal vibe.

124684-004-07547A0D.jpg.16ee3fe82bdcd3bd316aba24b6799efc.jpg

776410567_Jama_Masjid_is_the_largest_mosque_in_India._Delhi_India..jpg.62c7aae2795e01f0b2a7ba12bd2d06e6.jpg

The lore also speaks of kingdoms of bones rules over by wight kings. I can see them establish their own cities of death/necropolis. 

• Like 4

I got a much more Celtic vibe off of the music and font they used.

• Like 1

I think GW knows how much of a big deal Settra is too people and if Settra was to comeback he would be more front and centre. 

Plus "Settra does not serve, Settra rules." is so much of a calling card for him that I think GW would use it when announcing Settra for AoS.   

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Lavieth said:

I am not so certain it is Wanderers. Looking at the lower half of the archer in the trailer and I get the sense this is a new, hopefully, aelf faction. I believe you can make out satyr like legs on it. 

Before DoK had a book, you didn't have witches with bat wings or snake tails, either. The Witches/Sisters/Cauldron/Medusa/Hag and Doomfire Warlocks were all old dark elf models, they added the Melusai, Khenerai, and Morathi and ta da, new faction.

This looks to me like a similar thing for Wanderers, taking the Wild Rider/Wardancer aesthetic and pushing it to the next level. I suspect they'll include at least most of the current Wanderer range just because the similarity is too obvious to overlook.  If I had to guess probably dropping the Glade Guard (old) most of the finecast/metal Heroes, and maaaybe Sisters of the Watch.

The accent of the speaker, the background music (which feels like an ancient Lahmian tune), the "died many times and was reborn" and all that point toward a vampire character we all know and love and that is Vashanesh AKA Vlad! 

6 minutes ago, madmac said:

This looks to me like a similar thing for Wanderers, taking the Wild Rider/Wardancer aesthetic and pushing it to the next level. I suspect they'll include at least most of the current Wanderer range just because the similarity is too obvious to overlook.  If I had to guess probably dropping the Glade Guard (old) most of the finecast/metal Heroes, and maaaybe Sisters of the Watch.

Not droping sisters. It is a great looking model and is a dual kit with Shadow Warriors, showed in the display for the book.

Just now, Thiagoma said:

Not droping sisters. It is a great looking model and is a dual kit with Shadow Warriors, showed in the display for the book.

I meant dropping them from a hypothetical new Wanderer army, not from the game entirely. I do think it's unlikely though.

16 minutes ago, madmac said:

Dude, there hasn't been a Tomb Kings rumor because they are not happening in AoS.

And that was pretty clearly a cheesy Slavic accent, rather than a cheesy Egyptian accent.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mikethefish said:

Dude, there hasn't been a Tomb Kings rumor because they are not happening in AoS.

There was literally a TK rumour a few weeks ago from Tom Lyons (Warhammer Weekly)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kyriakin said:

There was literally a TK rumour a few weeks ago from Tom Lyons (Warhammer Weekly)

Heard it.  Wasn't impressed.  Speculation from a nothingburger

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Minis by Night said:

I survived the hammer of Sigmar

Sounds like Krell though he technically did not „survive“ Ghal Maraz 🤣

2 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

Heard it.  Wasn't impressed.  Speculation from a nothingburger

Your denial is just "speculation from a nothingburger" too, surely?

As is my belief that there might be "something" to it.

We're all nothingburgers at the end of the day, but people with fairly popular podcasts maybe slightly less so.

Edited by Kyriakin
  • Like 1

So are we in agreement its vlad? I need something today.