The Rumour Thread

8 minutes ago, mikethefish said:

Nope.  Evidence suggests Krell more.  Specifically his "broke out of prison" and "loyal to my master" comments

Krell is a skeletal chaos warrior.... Even if Nagash gave him new vocal cords, he wouldn't sound like that character in the video.

1 minute ago, Sir Grimm said:

Edited by Sir Grimm

Guys...

"The Tithe Part I : Necropolis" is - as stated in the article - about the big Death Entity (who speaks in the trailer) from Forbidden Power, the one that...

Spoiler

...escaped the Stormvault in Lake Lethis at the end of the book. 

Its power level makes even Sigmar afraid, so it's not someone like Vlad or Krell.

We even have a picture of it (in the background)

19950017_ForbiddenPowerEntity.png.1c26ab07e3e07fcf92c02ca59c959824.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HorticulusTGA said:

Guys...

"The Tithe Part I : Necropolis" is - as stated in the article - about the big Death Entity (who speaks in the trailer) from Forbidden Power, the one that...

Hide contents

...escaped the Stormvault in Lake Lethis at the end of the book. 

Its power level makes even Sigmar afraid, so it's not someone like Vlad or Krell.

We even have a picture of it (in the background)

19950017_ForbiddenPowerEntity.png.1c26ab07e3e07fcf92c02ca59c959824.png

Then is it someone new?

6 hours ago, Rogue Explorator said:

Now, to see how many actual new miniatures, actually produced in house primarily for use in AoS proper they have to show here. Apart from Gloomspite at the start of the year we really didn't have much of that this year.

So there was one.

In numbers: 1.

Ok.

Well, it is a very nice model. Time will tell if it comes as part of a battlebox. But I guess they would have announced the other side, like they did with every other battlebox so far in that case.

Beastgrave. Just siluettes, but from what I can glimpse it looks like they are getting bolder compared to season 2. I guess its what hasting called wanderes. One looks like a centaur? They also got bolder from season 1 to 2 , so nice to see that trend continue. Just gonna warn though, if this season with that name and theme does not include a Beasts of Chaos warband, and according to hastings it won't, I'll take it as a personal offence.

The Tithe. I guess a new faction for Death can be considered more likely. Nice. Looks and sounds very skeletoney. Also nice.

I won't speculate who it is at this points. Just gonna say, if it is someone we know, no matter who, there's a couple of red herings in the mix here.

• Like 1

I thought it was a completely different character, especially with the oriental music, it doesn't sound like an existing character at all to me.

I'm really loving the oriental theme going on now, with the cypher lords and obviously ogors were usually mongol themed, imagine if this guy is like a nippon/cathay emperor, be still my beating heart. 

Edit: Actually I reckon it's an Ogor, but then that would be interesting as Sigmar tried to steal an Ogor's soul? (The soul thief's prison) or is he referencing Nagash? I wonder what an Ogor Stormcast would look like! Imagine that beast!

Edited by Black_Templar_Lad

5 minutes ago, Sete said:

Then is it someone new?

Yes, I mean : nothing from the Old World that I know of either in TK or VC lore looks like this giant Skeleton-with-runes that is so powerful even Sigmar is afraid of seeing escape his prison from the Age of Myth (this fluff comes from Forbidden Power, it's an interesting book really). 

EDIT : a larger view of the monster in question. See how big and skeleton-y it is !

FPUnboxing-May13-Art22ujc.jpg.c35b660746440a734abc574fa8978949.jpg

Edited by HorticulusTGA
  • Thanks 1

Just now, HorticulusTGA said:

Yes, I mean : nothing from the Old World that I know of either in TK or VC lore looks like this giant Skeleton-with-runes that is so powerful even Sigmar is afraid of seeing escape his prison from the Age of Myth (this fluff comes from Forbidden Power, it's an interesting book really). 

Yeah havent read that one, so this came out of the left field for me. 

Well the waiting game begins anew.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JackStreicher said:

So, I was finally able to listen to the video with sound and compared it to total war‘s khemri music. It is very NOT similar indeed.

It sounds Celtic/Irish/British

I am looking forward to this.

Someone said it was mongolian flutes.

Hi all, I'm SO excited for the Cities of Sigmar book - I like Wanderers and Sylvaneth, but I I just got some Free peoples and Stormcast handed down to me, so this will be my new faction. I'm also positive that the new Underworlds warband will be Wanderers - Mohawks and Antlers? I mean, how much more "Wood Elves" can you get?

• Like 2

So as dispossesed player i feel soooooo disapointed with this anouncement.

For me it is 100% the "leftovers battletome" where they have put every leftover model and army all together and done.

I wanted a dispossesed tome as every other faction got,are we going to get 130 pages in this tome of only dispossesed,with relic of warden kings,runelords etc, runes\prayers book for only disposseseds,many "lodges" where choose from as evey other army??

Also are we going to get endless spells and terrain only for dispossesed???

Pretty sure all those answers gonna be no,we gonna pay the same that other armys battletomes for the same pages to get only 1\7 (dispossesed\every other elf,stormcast,dark elf etc)of the lore and rules.

Also pretty sure we wont get terrain neither endless spells,or with luck one for all tye battletome that gonna be so bad

Sorry but as dispossesed player this tome feel so poor,a fast work to get the promised tome to every army,why release 7 individual tomes of 130 pages if you can release only 1 with same pages and 1\7 of the effort?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

EDIT : a larger view of the monster in question. See how big and skeleton-y it is !

FPUnboxing-May13-Art22ujc.jpg.c35b660746440a734abc574fa8978949.jpg

On the one hand, I had never noticed the sort of large ribcage with spikes on the spine. It looks like the giant undead horses the Mortarchs ride (looks like they're called "dread abyssal").

On the other hand, that arm looks very buff for a skeleton. You can tell he's been lifting a lot of iron while imprisoned.

7 minutes ago, Black_Templar_Lad said:

The music definitely feels Mongolian 

I compared the accent in the video to some Mongolian accent videos on YouTube. The accent is also pretty similar to a mongolian english accent. But maybe someone can analyze this better. I am not a native speakers. English is only my second language.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, prochuvi said:

So as dispossesed player i feel soooooo disapointed with this anouncement.

For me it is 100% the "leftovers battletome" where they have put every leftover model and army all together and done.

I wanted a dispossesed tome as every other faction got,are we going to get 130 pages in this tome of only dispossesed,with relic of warden kings,runelords etc, runes\prayers book for only disposseseds,many "lodges" where choose from as evey other army??

Also are we going to get endless spells and terrain only for dispossesed???

Pretty sure all those answers gonna be no,we gonna pay the same that other armys battletomes for the same pages to get only 1\7 (dispossesed\every other elf,stormcast,dark elf etc)of the lore and rules.

Also pretty sure we wont get terrain neither endless spells,or with luck one for all tye battletome that gonna be so bad

Sorry but as dispossesed player this tome feel so poor,a fast work to get the promised tome to every army,why release 7 individual tomes of 130 pages if you can release only 1 with same pages and 1\7 of the effort?

I honestly don't mean to sound harsh, but I think you really need to accept the fact that GW is not really interested in rehashing old Tolkein fantasy tropes.  

Not trying to pick in you particularly, but that is just the gaming world we are all "living" in right now.  At least this strange human/Duardin/Aelf alliance army is relatively fresh and interesting.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1