Jump to content

The Rumour Thread


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Blightzkrieg said:

Likely we're at least seeing an elf Underworlds thing as it was already teased.

Given the whole Warcry thing I dont put much stock in the idea that this means we'll also see a Battletome. But we can hope.

Thing is with Sylvanath out GW hasn't got another upcoming battletome for AoS and this year IS the year of AoS battletomes. At the very LEAST they've confirmed that there are 4 more to come and I'd put money that it will be more than 4 before the end of the year. So with the months ticking on GW has to have get news out about more Battletomes.

Slaves and Everchosen would be a smart move - it basically mostly completes Chaos Grand Alliance in functional 2.0 battletomes (which means Death and Chaos are finished); and with all the Warcry stuff you can bet those warbands would lead nicely into sparking interest in mortal chaos followers and thus Slaves to Darkness. 

 

That said if its not Slaves I hope its Destruction Battletomes. Sure Order needs some sorting out, esp for Aelves, but Destruction only has one army with a 2.0 Tome. They need some love and attention. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Circus of Paint said:

Good to know that all the upcoming Warcry warbands will have StD Warscrolls - in units of 8-32 according the ones up on the NZ GW site. 👌

Which is a shame because the Genera Handbook specifically says: Only play what is listed in here.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Overread said:

 

Slaves and Everchosen would be a smart move - it basically mostly completes Chaos Grand Alliance in functional 2.0 battletomes (which means Death and Chaos are finished); and with all the Warcry stuff you can bet those warbands would lead nicely into sparking interest in mortal chaos followers and thus Slaves to Darkness. 

 

I don't know why but people keep forgetting Disciple of Tzeentch need a new tome before GA Chaos is actually finish since their current one is a 1.0 version 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Overread said:

Thing is with Sylvanath out GW hasn't got another upcoming battletome for AoS and this year IS the year of AoS battletomes. At the very LEAST they've confirmed that there are 4 more to come and I'd put money that it will be more than 4 before the end of the year. So with the months ticking on GW has to have get news out about more Battletomes.

Slaves and Everchosen would be a smart move - it basically mostly completes Chaos Grand Alliance in functional 2.0 battletomes (which means Death and Chaos are finished); and with all the Warcry stuff you can bet those warbands would lead nicely into sparking interest in mortal chaos followers and thus Slaves to Darkness. 

 

That said if its not Slaves I hope its Destruction Battletomes. Sure Order needs some sorting out, esp for Aelves, but Destruction only has one army with a 2.0 Tome. They need some love and attention. 

A quick list of BTs missing:

 

Chaos - STD and Tzeench

Death - LoN

Destruction - BCR, Bonnespliterz, Gutbusters and Ironjaws

Order - Dispossessed, Free Peoples, Kharadron Overlords, Seraphon

Aaaaandd elves

Darkling covens, Eldritch Council, Lion Rangers, Order Draconis, Order Serpentis, Phoenix Temple Scourge Privateers, Shadowblades, Swifthawk Agents and Wanderers.

😶

Or you can just call it Elven Salad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Circus of Paint said:

Good to know that all the upcoming Warcry warbands will have StD Warscrolls - in units of 8-32 according the ones up on the NZ GW site. 👌

I'm a little sad that some of the AoS profiles are a bit "basic" for such varied units, mostly things like the rocktusk are not really made very special aside from having 1 extra wound in the force. But at the same time they are ideally suited to making warbands work in AoS so that you can build them almost however you like for Warcry and they will work in AoS without limits or problems.

Basically most of the weapon choices for AoS don't matter one bit for the warbands. One or two weapons/units are called out as limited, but otherwies they don't change from a default weapon profile. . 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm looking at the keywords of the new warbands and the most noteworthy are:

  • The warbands all have the Cultists and Slaves to Darkness.
  • Raptoryx have Slaves to Darkness but not Monsters of Chaos.
  • Furies have the Slaves to Darkness.

Maybe they are going to fuse Slaves to Darkness and Daemons of Chaos together, like the Soul Grinder and Be'Lakor.

Edited by Ashendant
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ashendant said:

I'm looking at the keywords of the new warbands and the most noteworthy are:

* The warbands all have the Cultists and Slaves to Darkness.

* Raptoryx have Slaves to Darkness but not Monsters of Chaos.

* Furies have the Slaves to Darkness.

Maybe they are going to fuse Slaves to Darkness and Daemons of Chaos together, like the Soul Grinder and Be'Lakor.

Quite a few creatures of Chaos are already in Beasts of Chaos so if the remainder get ported over to Slaves to Darkness then GW can remove that tab from their store quite effortlessly and yet all the models have a new home.

 

One thing I note is that the warscroll profiles are quite basic, not even discounts for taking full size units and some appear a bit lackluster in stats. This might just be GW's way of including them without making them game-changing; or perhaps a hint that the warscrolls might get updated (but I'd be surprised if they'd do two runs closer together). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

A quick list of BTs missing:

 

Chaos - STD and Tzeench

Death - LoN

Destruction - BCR, Bonnespliterz, Gutbusters and Ironjaws

Order - Dispossessed, Free Peoples, Kharadron Overlords, Seraphon

Aaaaandd elves

Darkling covens, Eldritch Council, Lion Rangers, Order Draconis, Order Serpentis, Phoenix Temple Scourge Privateers, Shadowblades, Swifthawk Agents and Wanderers.

😶

Or you can just call it Elven Salad.

LoN is a 2.0 battletome though (has the new logo) 

1 minute ago, Ashendant said:

 

Maybe they are going to fuse Slaves to Darkness and Daemons of Chaos together, like the Soul Grinder and Be'Lakor.

Crazy theory but it also could be how they make Runic Daemon (Undivided Daemons) playable for AoS from the Horus Hersey 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, novakai said:

I don't know why but people keep forgetting Disciple of Tzeentch need a new tome before GA Chaos is actually finish since their current one is a 1.0 version 

I mean there's need and need. StD and Everchosen need one, but Tzeentch still plays reasonably well with their new points reduction. I have my Tzeentch army and it's basically valid. A new book would basically just fix all the broken phrasing and add in the FAQs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Which is a shame because the Genera Handbook specifically says: Only play what is listed in here.

Eh? These have been released after the GHB is out so not sure why you’d think they’re not valid.

Anyway good to see they’ve kept the warscrolls for the new warbands pretty clean & simple for AoS. Whilst nothing to get super excited about at least that makes them easy to use rather than having a myriad different weapon profiles to think about, solid rank & file options for StD.

All makes perfect sense to me, these aren’t meant to be la creme de la chaos, just bozo ****** out for a good murderous time. Nice & interesting but very much your basic footsloggers.

Edited by JPjr
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Overread said:

Quite a few creatures of Chaos are already in Beasts of Chaos so if the remainder get ported over to Slaves to Darkness then GW can remove that tab from their store quite effortlessly and yet all the models have a new home.

 

One thing I note is that the warscroll profiles are quite basic, not even discounts for taking full size units and some appear a bit lackluster in stats. This might just be GW's way of including them without making them game-changing; or perhaps a hint that the warscrolls might get updated (but I'd be surprised if they'd do two runs closer together). 

Yeah that makes sense even through there are only four Daemons of Chaos units and Creatures of Chaos tab shares a lot with other factions tabs.

4 minutes ago, novakai said:

LoN is a 2.0 battletome though (has the new logo) 

Crazy theory but it also could be how they make Runic Daemon (Undivided Daemons) playable for AoS from the Horus Hersey 

I would love if they moved some more Daemon stuff from 40k and 30k to AoS(Forgefiend/Maulerfiend), but I honestly doubt they will give FW even a momentary thought.

Edited by Ashendant
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, novakai said:

kind of sad though that both the Rockjaw prowler and Ogor Breacher don't have a separate profile or even a separate attack weapon, they hit just as hard as the regular joes. only thing is that they have more wounds on them 

Honestly I think its GW's way of adding them into the core game and not having them being too heavy a micro faction. Considering that most armies only have banners or musicians and a leader which only have similar simple rule differences to a regular unit. AoS is just not based around the unit micro differences like that save for heroes and monsters. Troops are troops and basically represent a unified front with a very few minor differences.

 

One big difference though is that with most troops only the leader is a must; all the banners and musicians are optional. With the Warcry bands the specialist units are MUST takes within their specific numerical limits. This likely ties to the number you get in a warband box (such as having 1 in 9 limits rather than 1 in 10 which are more standard; but since many warcry boxes only have 9 the limits make sense). 

Whilst I'd have liked to have seen more powerful profile variations, they do make sense for a unit that is going to become a troop choice in the game. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

What I want:

Soulblight (big release)
Dispossessed (BT release)
Ogors (BT release)
Everchosen (BT release)
Kharadrons (BT release)

What I expect:

Deathrattle (big release) - Don't ask me why, it's just a gut feeling.
Ogors (BT release)
Everchosen (BT release)
More Stormcast.

Edited by Clan's Cynic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They're not amazing, but I can see using these warbands in AoS as cheap screens/objective cappers. The Furies' ability to cower away from combat at 12" movement is interesting...as is the Cypher Lord's 4+ -1 to hit ability. The Iron Golems are kind of meh though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...