The Rumour Thread

11 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

My Guess:

WHU season 3 starter gona be Wanderers X Ogors, based on the old rumor of a duo box, the fact that aparently no Stormcasts on the Starter and all the rumor engines showed lately.

That would be wacky as heck and I doubt it, but I'm ok with it.

Just now, skeen77 said:

That would be wacky as heck and I doubt it, but I'm ok with it.

Vince Venturella said that his sources on GW told him that Stormcasts are out of the Starter.

There is about 4 or 5 rumor engines of what looks like Elvish and Ogors each

There is the Elvish looking Lion on the preview to season 3.

Old rumor droped here spoke about a box of Wanderers/Elves x Ogors

I am just putting it togheter. Who knows? I really hope they show a new BT, specially for armies without one yet.

• LOVE IT! 1

Interesting that the SC poster boys are expected to not be in the core, but I can dig it. I still am convinced that the Castigators easy to build with the gryph hound is likely going to be a SC warband for this season, and since those are already out it seems likely to me that if they show more than the starter for season three it will include those guys.

Edited by CitizenX

33 minutes ago, Thiagoma said:

Vince Venturella said that his sources on GW told him that Stormcasts are out of the Starter.

There is about 4 or 5 rumor engines of what looks like Elvish and Ogors each

There is the Elvish looking Lion on the preview to season 3.

Old rumor droped here spoke about a box of Wanderers/Elves x Ogors

I am just putting it togheter. Who knows? I really hope they show a new BT, specially for armies without one yet.

Just exited for any box without Stormcast. Wanderers vs Ogors would be almost as good as Freeguild vs Ogors.

At this point, any acknowledgement of the existence of Wanderers, High elves, Free peoples or Disposessed in plastic or tomes is good news.

• LOVE IT! 2

17 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

Just exited for any box without Stormcast. Wanderers vs Ogors would be almost as good as Freeguild vs Ogors.

At this point, any acknowledgement of the existence of Wanderers, High elves, Free peoples or Disposessed in plastic or tomes is good news.

Tell me about it...

I downloaded the new AoS phone game and when i saw Frosthearth Phoenix there, a tear rolled in my eye.

Edited by Thiagoma
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, zilberfrid said:

So much this.

I want to model and have fun with my ogors without the impending fear that I'll wake up and they'll be just gone from the store. Off to legends like gitmob or greenskinz.

Until I see them mentioned in the REAL, major fluff or they release a tome, I cant shake that worry. Just throw these armies anything. Squat them or get off the pot!!!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Shankelton said:

So much this.

I want to model and have fun with my ogors without the impending fear that I'll wake up and they'll be just gone from the store. Off to legends like gitmob or greenskinz.

Until I see them mentioned in the REAL, major fluff or they release a tome, I cant shake that worry. Just throw these armies anything. Squat them or get off the pot!!!

Indeed good sir! Played my Order Draconis X Ogors few days ago and was a very fun game! His 1 hp Tyrant took down 2 units!

My hopes for Saturday are an announcement for some kind of Aelf battletome(s) as they really need sorting out into something that works well (I know so do Dispossessed and Free Peoples, though Hyshian Aelves and a tome update for Wanderers in some form would be gangbusters). May end up seeing Darkoath (wouldn't be surprised to see the Warcry warbands getting rules for AoS play with them) and perhaps even Gutbusters, given the Ogor stuff recently.

I'd also like to see a Warcry Phase 2 of warbands get teased/announced, though already there's tons for it. I don't play Underworlds, so not too fussed on anything that comes up for that line.

2 minutes ago, Kurrilino said:

Is there any indicator that even remotely points to a new battletome reveal?

The promise of each GA getting another tome this year after Sylvaneth with AoS currently having nothing on the horizon now that said Sylvaneth tome is releasing this weekend makes it seem very likely that at least one tome will be announced/revealed at this open day. Now if you mean do we have anything that points to a specific new tome reveal, there is nothing concrete that I am aware of. 

3 hours ago, Shankelton said:

So much this.

Fluff is fickle, they could majorly feature Wanderers, only to have Sylvaneth kill them all in the sequal. Plastic or rulebook shows commitment.

Wanderers are most popular aealves without battletome, they really could get update and tome even without making new range of models, maybe new hero in that dual box everyone is mentioning.

Edited by Aleser

OPEN DAY PREDICTIONS!

1. Everchosen Update: New Battletome, Terrain & Endless Spells

I don't anticipate a full refresh, but I feel as though this is all but confirmed: with Warcry, the Store Page, and a general wrapping together of factions, this just needs a new hero and the Warcry warscrolls to be a compelling release. It's also the penultimate wrap-up to Grand Alliance Chaos. This is also the last remaining Malign Sorcery herald and Shadespire band along with KO to get an update. 

2.  Aelfs Update  Reveal

I am stopping short of calling this a new faction because I think it will actually become a full wrapper of Aelfs in a similar fashion of Legions of Nagash. Faction acts as a Hysh/Ulgu themed duality list where you can run differently aligned aelves. There will be some 'aspect' units surrounding the Tyrion/Teclis/Malekith projects. But I don't think we'll get the big men themselves.

3. Next Dual Box & Endless Spells: Everchosen vs. Legions of Nagash

Okay this one's a little odd - but I think Legions is due for some Endless Spell and Terrain but won't be getting a new book. So this release is accompanied with a Dual Box of Everchosen getting a new Varanguard HQ and Legions getting a plastic Wight King on Steed and Endless Spells/Terrain. The matchup certainly isn't a conventional one, but it's a theme of Chaos against Death.

4. Shadespire Season 3 Reveal

Flesh Eater Courts, Idoneth, Daughters, and Nurgle to start. Seraphon, Slaanesh to follow.

12 minutes ago, Barbossal said:

I don't anticipate a full refresh, but I feel as though this is all but confirmed: with Warcry, the Store Page, and a general wrapping together of factions, this just needs a new hero and the Warcry warscrolls to be a compelling release. It's also the penultimate wrap-up to Grand Alliance Chaos. This is also the last remaining Malign Sorcery herald and Shadespire band along with KO to get an update. 

All "herald" armies received new mpdels, so I don't think that GW will give Everchosen (LoN-like BT with Darkoath and StD, I think) only book, terrain and ES. Especially when they have already shown more of Darkoath aesthetics with WHU warband.

7 hours ago, Thiagoma said:

My Guess:

WHU season 3 starter gona be Wanderers X Ogors, based on the old rumor of a duo box, the fact that aparently no Stormcasts on the Starter and all the rumor engines showed lately.

New Underworlds starter will include new death faction (Katophranes), therefore, the announcement of said faction will take place during the same seminar.

30 minutes ago, Barbossal said:

OPEN DAY PREDICTIONS!

Disciples of Tzeentch would still needs a book though for GA chaos to be finish, they are still stuck on a 1.0 battletome since they where pre-Maggotkin. (they also got a shadespire warband this year as well)

in fact if this whole reveal ends up not being relate to STD/Everchosen then Tzeentch would be contender for the Chaos tome for the year.

1 hour ago, Aleser said:

Wanderers are most popular aealves without battletome, they really could get update and tome even without making new range of models, maybe new hero in that dual box everyone is mentioning.

Popularity is hard to measure. On tournaments you got better odds to see more Order Draconis or Phoenix Temple than Wanderers.

The Frost Phoenix is also the main pillar of most GA Order armies.

If Wanderers sell better (and i dont know if it does) it is because it receives a bit more support (rename, round bases, reboxed, alligeance  rules) than say former High or Dark Elves.