Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

26 minutes ago, Barbossal said:

Any predictions for upcoming releases in Shadespire? Usually these are chosen in relation to upcoming factions or relevant and popular ones that are not yet covered. My thoughts would be:

- Sacrosanct Stormcast

- Nurgle (One chaos god per round so far)

- New Aelfs (as per the teased lion)

- Seraphon (as they are probably coming early 2020)

Since each seasons seems to have 8 warbands my predictions this time around are:

Order - no stormcast unless a new chamber is released or they add priests to the game, Seraphon, Idoneth Deepkin or one of the other aelf factions

Chaos - Nurgle as either a mixed warband of maggotkin and pestilens/daemons or a three man warband (which would be fitting), Slaanesh or possibly one of the other Skaven factions

Death - Flesh Eater Courts, Soul Blight or Katophrane (this is wishful thinking though)

Destruction - Ogors (either Gutbusters or Beast Claw Raiders somehow), Bonesplitterz or Ironjawz again but 'arder, meaner an' weirder

Shadespire did not get any Chaos Daemon Warbands yet. Also, a lot of thoose warbands were acomanied by a new tome also.

A soulblight faction would be awesome, maybe have a combination of plastic Vampire Lord and either Bat Swarms/Fell Bats

BCR with a Plastic Icebrow Hunter and 2 Frost Sabers would be a must have 

Edited by AthlorianStoners
  • Like 2

I think Nurgle is by far the most likely warband to come out (to go with one god per season in the order of army release) and, looking at the lion, I think we can already say at least one aelven warband is coming. I also can't see them skipping Stormcast entirely.

Apart from those three its all a wash.

Idoneth, DoK, Ogors, Bonesplitterz, Seraphon, Soulblight, FEC, Free Peoples, Slaanesh and Beasts of Chaos are all factions I'd expect to stick around that have yet to get a warband. There is also a distinct possibility of a yet unrevealed Death faction, which if real might mean it also gets a warband. So there's a lot of choice but few clear indicators.

Personally I have my fingers crossed for Beasts of Chaos or some proper undivided Chaos Warriors the most.

I'd like to see Seraphon, FEC, DoK and Free Peoples as well, if only for conversion potential and hints where GW will take most of these factions.

I wonder if there a chance that the starter set will be Order vs Destruction since it was Chaos with Shadespire and Death with Nightvault.

they could even mixed it up even more with the GA pairing but I feel like they will stick to always having an Order (or just Stormcast) faction for the starter set.

• LOVE IT! 1

12 minutes ago, novakai said:

I wonder if there a chance that the starter set will be Order vs Destruction since it was Chaos with Shadespire and Death with Nightvault.

they could even mixed it up even more with the GA pairing but I feel like they will stick to always having an Order (or just Stormcast) faction for the starter set.

I've been hoping for a Seraphon vs. Beastclaw boxset to play up the behemoth angle.

Plastic Kroxigors vs. Plastic Yhetees please!

A Beasts of Chaos warband would be cool. Have 3-4 Gor models with a champion joined by a special Spawn of Chaos.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, novakai said:

There has been a rumor long ago about a box Wanderers X Ogors. Given all the rumor engines, maybe it will be the new Starter. Who knows?

• LOVE IT! 1

My view we are likely to see the following:

2 warbands out of Dreadfane

Blightking warband (Nurgle)

Aelve faction (Tyrions)

An Orgre warband of some description 

Beast of Chaos

Dispossessed warband

Bonesplitters maybe 

8 hours ago, PaniuBraniu said:

We had evocators last time, so season 3 - no Stormcasts sadly. As for chaos gods Slanesh is more fitting to Shadespire setting. Previously, we had one Chaos god each time, however, there were two Chaos warbands released each season, so maybe we will get both?

My bet on the starter set is new death (Katophranes) vs beasty elves.

I hope you are right, no Stormcast in the new base set would be so much better than yet another Sigmarine set I can't avoid.

But almost every set so far has had those things in it if it was more than one faction, so I don't think so.

Edited by zilberfrid

12 minutes ago, xking said:

Let's stop using the word "Sigmarine" 

Ok. I still would prefer it if GW designed Stormcast with thicker fantasy veneer over Space Marines, and would shove them down our throats a lot less.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, xking said:

Let's stop using the word "Sigmarine" 

Agreed, I hate that word. I understand why people use it but come on they aren't that similar, although I will admit there is a little bit of a similarity there but I think they've evolved past that by this point. I mean ever since the release of the vanguard chamber they've been moving away from their initial look by giving them a lot more personality model wise and lore wise too actually.

Anyway, I'm really excited about the final warband reveal for Warcry tonight/tomorrow morning (Australia time that is). We should start seeing some actual rules start coming out once everything is revealed building up to the release (finally!) I reckon. Hell even if the game doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in, I'd get some of those models just to paint (and use in AoS).

• Like 1

Hastings said this on the War of Sigmar blog apparently:

I did hear some time back there were maybe 10 warbands this season (although I think 2 are from dreadfane as they were SE & NH), the others were (IIRC) DoK, Ogrurrrs (specifically 1 hunter and 1 or 2 animals), Wanderers, FeC (or might have been free peoples I can't remember), Seraphon, Slaanesh, Nurgle and another skaven. I myself would have liked Idoneth but this is a pretty nice mix of stuff, and at least no more Khorne or excessive SE.

I’m not sure how reliable Hastings is these days, but i’d be pretty happy with that list. I could see the lion thing we saw being Wanderers, the pattern on the shoulder pad is present on some of the existing Wanderers models. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

Agreed, I hate that word. I understand why people use it but come on they aren't that similar, although I will admit there is a little bit of a similarity there but I think they've evolved past that by this point. I mean ever since the release of the vanguard chamber they've been moving away from their initial look by giving them a lot more personality model wise and lore wise too actually.

Anyway, I'm really excited about the final warband reveal for Warcry tonight/tomorrow morning (Australia time that is). We should start seeing some actual rules start coming out once everything is revealed building up to the release (finally!) I reckon. Hell even if the game doesn't sound like something I'd be interested in, I'd get some of those models just to paint (and use in AoS).

Yes they went past the looks of blue smurfs towards our psychic talented grey knights.

so basically  sigmarines Can still be a thing😂.

Edited by Skreech Verminking
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yes they went past the looks of blue smurfs towards our psychic talented grey knights.

so basically  sigmarines Can still be a thing😂.

I'd suggest it should stop because it is painfully dull.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, zilberfrid said:

Ok. I still would prefer it if GW designed Stormcast with thicker fantasy veneer over Space Marines, and would shove them down our throats a lot less.

I like how they look and I believe that they are perfect for their job.
But I'm with you that there are a lot of other armies that are in need to new releases/updates than another SCE chamber.

1 hour ago, Beliman said:

I like how they look and I believe that they are perfect for their job.
But I'm with you that there are a lot of other armies that are in need to new releases/updates than another SCE chamber.

I think even GW is feeling that they can't keep adding Stormcast. AoS has fewer divisions of unit types at present than 40K so you can only add so many units before you start tripping over each other in providing units of very similar performance. Also I hope GW is aware that whilst the marine marketing system works for them it can also work against them. 

I also think its a sign of confidence form GW in AoS when they can step away from the poster-child of the game and focus on other armies. I really hope that they don't throw out a 3rd warband of them. Whilst they are central to much of the story I think it would be sore mistake to keep favouring them over and over again. 

Heck the store page has 59 listings for Stormcast - no other army including the mess of Aelves has more than that and the Grand Alliance Death and Destruction only have just over 80 listings each! Stormcast have the lions share of models for a single army within AoS so yeah time to put them to the side and let others bulk up. 

Edited by Overread
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, rosa said:

Some Wine?

I really like Stormcast and enjoy playing against them.

Oh its not that people "hate" stormcast, just that many people want GW to do stuff "other than" stormcast for a good long while (keeping in mindI don't think they've done much for them this last half a year - though there's a lag effect since GW pushed out so much so often for a long time so it "feels" like they keep doing it longer than the yactually have. 

23 minutes ago, rosa said:

Some Wine?

I really like Stormcast and enjoy playing against them.

It is not about that.  A lot of factions still got Metal and Finecast models. Gw have to clean lines up instead of adding "Random alternate sculp for Stormcast number 86".

Other than that, the story can shift for other factions. Sylvaneth X nurgle on recent stories have been a good example.