The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, EMMachine said:

There is also not really much room for release.

The LARP-Trailer from May stated July 2019, so it is either release day or start of Pre-Order on July 20, 2019 (because July 27, 2019 is the last releasesaturday of July).

Do you remember Orktober which actually was Norkvember?:P

Edited by GeneralZero
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

I worry if GHB 19 is delayed due to the issues with the Sylvaneth release as well. Bad times for AoS if everything is just stuck. 

I have more the feeling it could be the other way around. That the Battletome Sylvaneth is Delayed because of the Generals Handbook.

I mean, there was this ruleleak (most likely from the Appleversion) where the "Awakening Wyldwood" or how it is called is build of 3-6 Citadel Woods, and it sounded like the Citadel Woods would be the fencelike Treepieces.

At the moment the Generals Handbook has rules for the Citadel Wood bases with the three trees, and it could be easier waiting until the new GHB comes out (where perhaps the Scenary rules for the Citadel wood are removed or renamed than having two warscrolls with the same name for 1 month).

Edited by EMMachine

3 hours ago, EMMachine said:

I have more the feeling it could be the other way around. That the Battletome Sylvaneth is Delayed because of the Generals Handbook.

I mean, there was this ruleleak (most likely from the Appleversion) where the "Awakening Wyldwood" or how it is called is build of 3-6 Citadel Woods, and it sounded like the Citadel Woods would be the fencelike Treepieces.

At the moment the Generals Handbook has rules for the Citadel Wood bases with the three trees, and it could be easier waiting until the new GHB comes out (where perhaps the Scenary rules for the Citadel wood are removed or renamed than having two warscrolls with the same name for 1 month).

We already know that Sylvaneth are delayed due to a shipping issue, probably due to an international trade dispute. It is stuck on a ship (or was, at least).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Fyreslayer Battlesmith is on last chance to buy...

I'm really hoping a resculpt is coming... It seems completely insane that they would start canning Fyreslayer models 2 months after their new battletome. Not to mention Gotrek (who isn't a Fyreslayer technically but is heavily associated with them) is having a model released.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Well that's just weird. The Battlesmith is arguably one of the better Fyreslayer sculpts and one of their most useful heroes, so certainly not in danger of selling poorly vs the rest of the line-up.

I have to assume there's a plan behind it.

31 minutes ago, PJetski said:

Its listing is weird - it's not listed in the last chance to buy section (for me at least) but it has the icon for "last chance" under it in search and on the Fyreslayer page. Maybe a mistake?

1 hour ago, Aden said:

The Canadian site has the last chance to buy icon but it's not listed in the Last Chance to Buy list on the left. My guess is clerical error. 

Worth noting, I've seen the Canadian store often get these details first. Like when Slaanesh models went last chance, the Canadian store was the first one to show them.

7 hours ago, Overread said:

It's not last chance on the UK site as yet. It would be strange as Fyreslayers got a new Battletome with it included and it is a plastic model. 

It has the last chance to buy symbol on its page, but doesn’t come up when you filter last chance to buy (like Canada). 

Im going with error, too. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Chikout said:

For some reason they've got the date wrong in this email but the info in the text is more interesting. IMG_20190603_204636.jpg.a04d786a7edf5c99f27b0089161af311.jpg

That pretty much confirms it is either a July 20th preorder with early purchase for attendees, or July 20th is the global release date. 

We should start seeing rules previews on the 8th or the 15th.

GW won't sell plastic kits ahead of when retailers can due to trade agreements, relations would sour pretty quick if people can go and purchase stuff early from GW and then not instead buy it from independents. Only time I've ever seen this broken was with Orlocks at last year's Heresy Weekender. And even then it was a very limited number of boxes and there was a delay because they had to speak to the legal team about it. There argument with that probably being that it was Necromunda and a 'lesser' stock item.

So assuming you will actually be able to pick it up on the day, it's very likely that will be release with pre-order on the 13th.

Hello everyone, so I've been a long-time lurker, first time poster. So, for the past half a decade (been in the hobby for 10 years), I've been collecting and cataloging rumors in my spare time for fun. Literally all rumors I come across from any source, trusted rumor-lords to even /tg/ ones just to piece things together because I like making predictions based off the data. Most of its 40K related, so not much AoS (Attached so you can see I'm not lying lol). Anyways, I come today because in the past few years I've had a friend who has been telling me things that have increasingly come to pass. Now, to be honest a lot can be considered "obvious", but a few stand-out examples was when he told me shortly after the release Legions of Nagash that Warherd and Brayherd were being combined into a battletome in a similar format, and 2 years ago he told me in a couple years we'd get a Keeper of Secrets and daemons seperate from an Emperor's Children release (something else he says is coming next year but has been repeated by many). Now, the thing is, most recently, he has come to me with a very particular rumor. I trust the guy complicity, but even I had to swallow a bit when he told me. Going through my collection, only one other non-4chan rumor-lord that I know of has posted anything similar, and that was over a year ago in the comments of Naftka by a person that hardly posts rumors. (Which I attached with info redacted as I don't think the person wants to be put on the spot). So I've decided to post my friend's rumor, because if it comes to pass he get's bragging rights. The following is from my friend paraphrased by me:

"Tomb Kings" are returning, being re-done not as a new army, but a "new " one. In the same manner as Daughters of Khaine and Gloomspite Gitz, with a mix of new and old models and re-named. So, they won't be "Tomb Kings" they'll be AoS-fied Egyptian army in the vein of Tomb Kings.  He also heard about some more Deathrattle, of which The Sepulcharal Guard are a preview at how some of the new skellies will look. Of this part he is not certain, but in his opinion the two are one and the same.

I personally have a Tomb Kings army, so I have to be honest and say I'm very biased in my belief in his info lol. He has no info on date, but from my personal experience his rumors have come to pass as soon as 6 months to as far as 2 years so who knows. So maybe its the upcoming Death Battletome or maybe we'll see it after all the tomes have been updated. That's all I've got on that. I don't have much else AoS-wise, I've got a collection from various 40K rumors but its all just stuff I've screencapped like I said. An interesting tidbit  though regarding the recent rumor engine pics that look like dinosaurs: I have a couple screencaps where Atia said a few years ago that we may get Exodites (for 40K) in a few years (from that point in time). My friend has also said that Seraphon were not getting a major release of models outside of spells, terrain, and tome for a while, so maybe a correlation.

Spoiler

RumorsPic.PNGTomb Kings - Info Blocked.png

Edited by FFJump
Put the images in a spoiler.
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Very hard to be sure about this sort of talk but I do think it is plausible. There is room to add more factions to Death and some of the recent models from 8th Edition, like the Necrophinx, were cracking models and made it into the (early) Black Library novels. Who knows?

Edited by Greyshadow