The Rumour Thread

I did call Ulgu as separate from Hysh and linked to assassins (yeah I know I’m no genius and was predictable). Love it but the absence of battletomes make me think that either we will have a super busy autumn or they are going to miss their objective to update all existing armies by end of 2020...

unless they create order soup battletomes or start dropping few minor factions or we have 2 battletomes per month in 2020...

Edited by alghero81

1 minute ago, Aryann said:

It seems that God forbade advertising AoS. 

As I said - there wasn't any reveals for 40k too. And there is always tomorrow. Be patient ( and somebody already said, and I agree with him, that since GW doesn't know when Sylvaneth battletome will arive they don't want to advertise new battletome).

I actually like this new warband, and I like even more how they make all these warbands look very distinctive from eachother. Lots to choose from, also for AOS chaos factions (provided they will have proper warscrolls)

Interesting that they show 9 models, where the previously shown warbands had only 8 (if I am not mistaken) Wonder if they held some back from the others.

For expectation, I don't think you could expect more from it than this, no reason to be really disappointed imo. I wouldn't be surprised if in the original plans they would have shown one or two more BT by now, but seems they still have issues with the import or production in China. Speaking of which, does anyone has more information about what is really wrong, from a source closer to the source?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PJetski said:

People "hate on" the WarCry reveals because we still dont know anything about how the game actually plays - some people don't get excited over just seeing cool models.

They look like a sneaky warband but I can't even begin to imagine how that translates to the gameplay because I have no context.

@PJetski I know, and I apologize, I don't often go into rants like that. It just seems that people are throwing ****** for minor reveals like this a lot lately. I'm relatively new to this hobby(fourth year as of this year), but from what I have heard GW didn't used to be so informative when it came to new releases such as this.

• Like 3

Yeah, nothing for the main games but it was to be expected. UK Expo is for board games mostly so these announcements make sense i think. 

But, we still know nothing about WarCry's gameplay and if the release is in July, they have to start giving some more information about the game. 

• Like 3

Wow. I continue to hope witch each Warcry reveal that I will like the new warparty but it seems to be going the same way as Necromunda for me (a game that's appealing to me from a gameplay perspective but I consider off limits because I don't care for the aesthetics of the teams) I get that it's a personal taste thing but I really struggle to understand the decision to make a new AoS skirmish game but only release niche chaos warbands for it :S And yeah they've said they're allowing you to use models from AoS but if it's anything like the existing skirmish it's going to be extremely hit and miss depending on the models available to your army.

• Like 2

There's been three seminars in May, and the sum total of reveals for all of them combined has been a lot of Warcry minis (but no insight on how it plays) one shadespire mini, and a brief preview of the Generals Handbook and Forbidden Power.

I really do suspect the Sylvaneth/supply problem is deeper than they've admitted.

Also I could be wrong but I believe the "preview" for tomorrow is strictly for Black Library.

• Like 2

Those crows rule. Maybe it's just the Dark Crystal trailer from the other day lingering but these guys - or at least the dude on the stilts - have a wonderfully Brian Froud/Jim Henson feel to them.

As someone who's still pretty buzzed for Warcry (and was already on the Necromunda train), far more than AoS or 40k, inevitably this is far more interesting for me than a battletome or codex could ever be.

2 minutes ago, HorticulusTGA said:

@michu Are we sure there is a reveal tomorrow ?... 

I can't find anything on the program, and the WC article doesn't say something like "come back tomorrow for more"....

I don't think there will be, tomorrow is Black Library Live. There'll be previews of upcoming books but no AoS game stuff. Schedule is here: https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/29/black-library-live-new-booksgw-homepage-post-4/

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, HorticulusTGA said:

@michu Are we sure there is a reveal tomorrow ?... 

I can't find anything on the program, and the WC article doesn't say something like "come back tomorrow for more"....

There is another seminar tomorrow I think and this image says Friday and Saturday

61277302_2312168879103738_70796804197753

Edited by Orchid89

2 minutes ago, Nox said:

I really struggle to understand the decision to make a new AoS skirmish game but only release niche chaos warbands for it

IMO GW want to create something similar to Chaos campaign from the old Realm of Chaos books. You were creating a chaos champion with retinue and trying to achieve ascension (or spawndom if you're unlucky) fighting with other champions.

• Like 1

Just now, michu said:

IMO GW want to create something similar to Chaos campaign from the old Realm of Chaos books. You were creating a chaos champion with retinue and trying to achieve ascension (or spawndom if you're unlucky) fighting with other champions.

I get that, it just comes off as surprisingly niche for something they (seemingly) expect to be a big popular game everyone wants to play.  A little like kicking off a six month preview blitz for a new version of GorkaMorka.

24 minutes ago, michu said:

It's ok to be wrong.I'm happy - now I can finally make the Ninety-nine Feathers warband (of Spear of Shadows) fame.

And @Sir Grimm GW didn't said it will be reveal for AoS. Note that there wasn't anything for main 40k (Blackstone Fortress miniatures are in the same category as Warcry warband).

Yeah. The Ninety- nine Feathers is the first thing I though of. Love this warband.

Why would anybody expect anything more ? GW doesn't really tease AoS2.0 Battletome updates like - Fyreslayers,Sylvaneth, FEC etc - they just release them and I doubt there is anything huge coming up for AoS in summer - June is contrast and GHB2019 so it's already huge for AoS, July is WarCry another huge AoS universe release. I'm sure they will sneak in 1-2 Battletomes updates over the summer for AoS - (for example Ironjawz and Seraphon) + Sylvaneth is coming. 

• Like 1

Well, even though not much was actually revealed, I am really happy with this round of reveals.

It's a mix of pretty low expectations and them at least showing a bunch of very good looking miniatures.

Seriously, I want everything they've shown today. I could see myself building an army from that enforcer kit (I know not AoS) and the Bloodbowl team looks like a great bits source for my Slaanesh stuff.

I don't think we will see another Battletome or Codex aside from Sylvaneth and maybe Chaos Knights until August, between them wanting to spotlight contrast and warcry and the shipment issues.

@novakai it's Black Library Day/Festival/Live whatever it's called tomorrow so I wouldn't get too excited about seeing lots of reveals there. Of course there could be something but if there is I'd imagine it would be something small/limited and tied in to BL, like the Sevarina Raine model but who knows.

Anyway, I really like the crows, interesting dynamic sculpts that don't look like much else so all good as far as I'm concerned, I might have to do them like parrots though... anyway I'm still fully on board for it.

I can understand why people would like to have Warcry rules now, I'm just not sure why they'd expect them, even if it's  early July release that's still 5 weeks, at least, to go. I imagine we'll start getting more concrete info mid June at the earliest, but let's see.

As for the rest pretty much about what I expected to see, well apart form the Blackstone expansion, I thought we'd get 'Traitor Command' before any other reveals there so I'm very happy with that, it looks great. Also should shut up the pathological whiners who were complaining there were no extras for the Servants of the Abyss in KT: Elites.

What with contrast and GHB in June, Warcry in July, and August being a bit of a dead holiday month I'm not really expecting much for AoS (Sylvaneth BT/ES excepted) until after summer so would have been a bit weird to preview it in May. Still plenty of time after that I reckon for new battle tomes in Sept, Oct and Nov, throw in a dual release/box set one month and something unexpected and jobs a good 'un.

Edited by JPjr

7 minutes ago, madmac said:

There's been three seminars in May, and the sum total of reveals for all of them combined has been a lot of Warcry minis (but no insight on how it plays) one shadespire mini, and a brief preview of the Generals Handbook and Forbidden Power.

I really do suspect the Sylvaneth/supply problem is deeper than they've admitted.

Also I could be wrong but I believe the "preview" for tomorrow is strictly for Black Library.

I thinking your right about the supply issue. The only other thing I can think of is that this period would have been soon after the original brexit dates and they went light with their scheduling anticipating other shipping issues.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Still-young said:

God forbid they advertise their new game. 

They did the exact same thing with shadow war, advertised it madly and over hyped it and look how that ended up.

They want us to buy into it, they need to show the game not more models. After the disappointment of both Kill team & shadow war, I won't be buying into a GW side game, unless it turns out to be a bargain box of terrain for Skirmish. Right now its a bunch of chaos models and a leaked photo of the new terrain (that may or may not be in the main box) I have very little interest so far in the game, which isn't helped as we know so little about it.

As for the bird guys, the more notable members of the gang are superb, they will make some great minis for adding to either my skirmish stuff or for my mordhiem project (if I ever get back to that) But the rest of the gang look like a bunch of standard chaos mortals with a few feathers chucked on for good measure. Now I know that's kind of how henchmen models work for the most part, but they just don't feel like part of the same gang to me. I think some of it is too do with the sub par painting scheme. The weird placement of blood in certain areas, the leaders ridiculous knobbly knee, and the dark brooding clothing but with the glowing Irish summer skin. I think they will be (as seems to be per usual with a lot of GW models now) much better models in the communities hands. I'd certainly like to see them in neon bird feather schemes or in a real grim dark style. The chap kneeling with the bird is superb though. Nice to see a mix of poses that isn't all static or all running like they have no control over their limbs.

Mostly disappointed nothing for AoS again, but then after the last show I didn't expect much this time round. I wonder if the battletome hold ups are due to the current issue, maybe it's put them behind on several releases but the leaked sylvaneth one forced them to say something.

Nice models, overhyped event with little to no previews- all in all another standard event from GW.

• Like 1