The Rumour Thread

Here we go :

LVOStudioPreview-Feb7-WarCryHeader26yrfv

So far in Warcry, we’ve met the brutal Iron Golems, the ferocious Untamed Beasts, and the insidious Splintered Fang, each providing a fresh new perspective on the followers of Chaos in the Mortal Realms – and some awesome new models! Now, the time has come for another warband to be revealed…

Meet the Corvus Cabal – a shadowy pack of murderers hailing from Ulgu. These guys worship Chaos as a vast, black-feathered bird known as the Great Gatherer, offering trophies stolen from their victims to this strange deity. The Corvus Cabal have come to the Varanspire to seek the patronage of Archaon, who they see as an avatar of the Great Gatherer. They use stealth, guile and unnatural cunning to claim victory in the Bloodwind Spoil.

EXPO-May30-WarCryCorvus11bba.jpg

EXPO-May31-Cabal9elf.jpg

• LOVE IT! 3

That's a very cool unit. The more I see of warcry the more I want. The wood elf BB team looks stunning too. Also, I'd love to see some of you clever cogs on the project section convert these into some sort of Ironside unit for an Ironweld army.

EXPO-May31-Enforcers1-5dse.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sir Grimm said:

This "news reveal that we didn't want to miss out on" is sad indeed..... -_- 

"Manage your expectations" should be pinned at the top of this thread. 

I for one am happy. The Bird warbande looks cool and more Warhammer Quest is always nice. 

Edited by Gecktron
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Saying that these release are going to fill out the next few month make me think that there probably won’t be a new BT until August-September. (Not counting Sylvaneath) 

probably to let the GHB sink in to the scene first I guess

In my opinion the tease so far is ok. We somehow already knew that UK Game Expo is not a place for Core Game Announcements and that new Battletomes aren´t coming as GW has some terrible issues with their logistics due to some legal stuff (see-> Sylvaneth Release outstanding). No reason to be disapointed so far. The Warcry-Warparty from Ulgu is quite cool, I really like these guys and think they will see a good amount of use in conversions

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, madmac said:

I will say the Crow Warband is I think just above Iron Golems as the second worst Warcry warband.

It's ok to be wrong.I'm happy - now I can finally make the Ninety-nine Feathers warband (of Spear of Shadows) fame.

And @Sir Grimm GW didn't said it will be reveal for AoS. Note that there wasn't anything for main 40k (Blackstone Fortress miniatures are in the same category as Warcry warband).

• Like 8

Just now, Sir Grimm said:

This "news reveal that we didn't want to miss out on" is sad indeed..... -_- 

I think, psychologically thinking, the reason these feel like letdowns is that maybe one in four of these conferences throws in anything that is actually surprising. Everyone assumed we'd get the next warband reveal for Warcry, just like every single conference since like January referenced Forbidden Power somehow until it finally came out.

The Wood Elves also, were teased some time ago. I can't speak for the 40k stuff because I don't really follow it but I doubt the necromunda/Blackstone stuff was a surprise to that community either.

Just now, Charleston said:

In my opinion the tease so far is ok. We somehow already knew that UK Game Expo is not a place for Core Game Announcements and that new Battletomes aren´t coming as GW has some terrible issues with their logistics due to some legal stuff (see-> Sylvaneth Release outstanding). No reason to be disapointed so far. The Warcry-Warparty from Ulgu is quite cool, I really like these guys and think they will see a good amount of use in conversions

Well last year they actually did announce core game stuff but yeah I didn’t expect much tbh

Those Universal Chaos releases keeps being incredible. 

Warcry's Corvus Cabal from Ulgu is very interesting and unsettling ; shadow barbarians assassins for Chaos ? Hell yeah. Those could be easily converted to Tzeentch too (there was a cabal of raven worshippers in one of the Realmgate Wars novel from Black Library). 

Blackstone Fortress's Chaos cultists also are amazing, yet different form the common cultist and the traitor guardsmen. 

--

I would love to see some Wanderers conversions based on the Blood bowl team, like their style quite a bit too.

-- 

And people, we got 3 seminars this month, we are not even half way through the year - and with the shipment product, what can we do but wait ?!

• Like 2

I don't know why people have been hating on nearly every Warcry war band reveal, they are great models. The Iron Golems look like a mix of classic diving suits and scale armor(plus they have a CHAOS DWARF IN PLASTIC PEOPLE), the Untamed Beasts have that classic barbarian look of furs and manly horned helmets taken to the logical AOS 11, the Splintered Fang..... well actually people to seem to like the splintered fang. In my opinion the Cabal is great, they have that whole "creepy assassin/spy" look which I greatly enjoy, with the leader(?) pulling off a Batman style landing. What's not to love?! Finally, let's be real here guys, did any of us actually expect something as long awaited as a Gutbuster battletome to be revealed at a non GW held event? 

• Like 5
  • LOVE IT! 1

People "hate on" the WarCry reveals because we still dont know anything about how the game actually plays - some people don't get excited over just seeing cool models.

They look like a sneaky warband but I can't even begin to imagine how that translates to the gameplay because I have no context.

• Like 2