The Rumour Thread

I hope (delicate word for hardcore wish-listing) that wanderers focus on the Wild Rider Aesthetic. Its the strongest kit in the wanderer range and would be great as a centre unit. Add in some other hunter types, lord on a big gnarly Elk, maybe a shapeshifter or two (bear size and Wolf size thank you) and of course Orion/Kurnoth/Green Man etc with two dope hounds. Some summoned animals as spells (hounds, falcons and maybe ferret) and lastly a Hunters outpost for terrain, Think Treehouse with falcon eyrie and a handy bow and spear.

If they have time for Pop marines then they bloody have time for wood elves 😂

Edited by Kronos
  • Like 7

9 hours ago, mikethefish said:

Archeon is looking for the best warriors to lead his armies for a massive push into the forces of Order.  Pretty sure this qualifies as a big fracking deal.

We saw the mirror is this when Kill Team was introduced.  Before KT, nobody gave a care about this weird planet called "Vigillus".  Now that place is the epicenter of the big 40k storyline.  KT was the beginnings of this story arc.

To me, it's clear that a similar thing will happen here.  The War Cry story arc will set up something big later on

I think the whole Warcry set up, Archaon looking for the best warriors, Chaos tribes fighting each other to prove their worth etc; is just an ongoing thing in the narrative. 

9 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

Maybe they could just wander themselves out of the mortal realms and into oblivion...  

Nah don’t be so mean.

we can still offer them a place in the slave-pits😈😈

8 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

Shut up all! The next one is Slave to Darkness! mouhaahahahahaaaaaa !!:P

Nah definitely the missing skaven model release

8 hours ago, Kronos said:

I hope (delicate word for hardcore wish-listing) that wanderers focus on the Wild Rider Aesthetic. Its the strongest kit in the wanderer range and would be great as a centre unit. Add in some other hunter types, lord on a big gnarly Elk, maybe a shapeshifter or two (bear size and Wolf size thank you) and of course Orion/Kurnoth/Green Man etc with two dope hounds. Some summoned animals as spells (hounds, falcons and maybe ferret) and lastly a Hunters outpost for terrain, Think Treehouse with falcon eyrie and a handy bow and spear.

An animal focused Wanderers would be a wonderful new faction and very distinct from Sylvaneth.

I'm very hopeful for the Wanderers range, as it is the most supported of the old elf ranges. 

I think the other elven kits will be consolidated with whatever shadow/light elves come out or dropped.

• Like 2

If GW did a fully animal focused Wanderers army on its own I'd likely have to sell something (anyone need a lung, kidney, er leg?) because I've wanted an army like that for years and years!

That said I honestly thing GW's method to fix the Aelf problem is to put them into a united Aelf Alliance. A single army comprised of the bits of others which represents a united front of their people standing against the tide of Chaos after generations of fragmentation even long before the Realms. 

It's a sane approach that leaves them room to add new armies whilst also not bloating themselves with the mess that the launch of AoS made for the Aelves.

Edited by Overread

2 armies with the oldest and worst battletomes around are at the same time lines with new models made for AoS, these are Ironjawz and KO. Leaving their new model ranges made for AoS in the dirt makes no sense and I would expect them to get an update before long. Everyone knows at this point those armies got poor rules and it makes no business sense to let them stay like this.

I highly doubt Std, seraphon, aelves or ogors get tomes first, but GW is not prone to make sense, so maybe this is what is going to happen anyway.

Not a fan of the short notice release windows, impossible to plan just a tiny bit ahead with purchases. 

12 minutes ago, Scurvydog said:

2 armies with the oldest and worst battletomes around are at the same time lines with new models made for AoS, these are Ironjawz and KO. Leaving their new model ranges made for AoS in the dirt makes no sense and I would expect them to get an update before long. Everyone knows at this point those armies got poor rules and it makes no business sense to let them stay like this.

I highly doubt Std, seraphon, aelves or ogors get tomes first, but GW is not prone to make sense, so maybe this is what is going to happen anyway.

Not a fan of the short notice release windows, impossible to plan just a tiny bit ahead with purchases. 

I fully expect Ogor Kingdoms, Orruk Hordes, Tzeench, Kharadron Overlordds, and Seraphon to all get books THIS year. 

Aelves is a maybe, I dont know too much about their model range so I wouldnt rule it out.

Slaves To Darkness will be consuming Everchosen and a bunch of Warcry "factions" in my opinion and souping them. I feel like this will be last due to the number of warcry things they can pump out ahead of time. 

EDIT: (then hopefully 2020 starts off with Nighthaunt 2.0 :) )

Edited by SleeperAgent
  • Like 1

I think that GW won´t give us news on a new battletome as Sylvaneth are still stuck in the Pipeline.

I guess we will have another Warcry Warband introduced, maybe the rumoured Shyish one with all these boney rumour engine bits.

Also I would rather expect a focus on Board Games. Last year we had the Warhammer Monopoly Preview iirc

I’m not an aelf hater, I actually like them but to me some of those mini-factions or perhaps just some models will end up like Greenskinz and Gitmob Grots... nothing more than a mention in old books...

The new GHB unlikely will give us any hint as they usually remove those things together with a bigger release related (e.g. Gitmob going with Gloomspite merging all remaining grots). But may tell us if some now disappeared models are still in the list or gone forever 

5 hours ago, Still-young said:

I think the whole Warcry set up, Archaon looking for the best warriors, Chaos tribes fighting each other to prove their worth etc; is just an ongoing thing in the narrative. 

Unlikely.  Everything GW puts out extends their main storyline - it's how they operate, and it's part of why people love buying their products.  I can't remember ever reading anything of their that was just some "business as usual" setup, and I doubt they would start with something as huge as War Cry

we don't actaully know how big warcry is yet. 

GW has sort of marketed it but also we don't even really know what it is yet! I'm still on the fence between Warcry being a "kill team" style product and Warcry just being a big summer thing because GW made ita summer thing and by Christmas it will all be forgotten. 

20 minutes ago, Overread said:

we don't actaully know how big warcry is yet. 

GW has sort of marketed it but also we don't even really know what it is yet! I'm still on the fence between Warcry being a "kill team" style product and Warcry just being a big summer thing because GW made ita summer thing and by Christmas it will all be forgotten. 

We have the reports from the seminars and designers saying it's a new core game i.e. a new supported game, not a one-shot board game, it's been said here many times already. 

New core game also means new area of development. There will be other warbands. GW said it themselves (more recently at Warhammer Fest). 

I see you post here all the time so why I are you still asking this man :P

--

EDIT : predictions for the seminar in 4.5 hours : 

- Underworld Season 3

- Warcry next gang and maybe details on release date and starter set

- Another hint, be it filler battletome (Ogors, etc.) or big one (Slaves to Darkness, Death)

Edited by HorticulusTGA

12 hours ago, Kronos said:

my least favorite wanderers unite aesthetically, personally, I prefer the glade guard/ eternal guard/wildwood rangers/ sisters of the thorn (which all have a similar look of hoods and crowns and chest armour-things. wild riders do not fit the nomadic aelven skirmishers and scouts that the Wanderers are in the lore. but i think the wander prince in that BL book is the most likely look they will go with (if they deside to make a new-ish theme for them)image.png.962261cb8e3cf2aadf4f112ef082d5d3.png

As for Aelven faction bloat, we are guaranteed to have at least 4 (I don't count Sylvaneth as even their most aelven troops are not really aelves nor aelven looking);

shadow realm aelves (which may be 2 factions, malerion's and Morathie's troops), light realm aelves (most likely 1 army), wanderers (which are deeply involved in the lore [compared to other non-tome factions]) and IDK. and a max of 6 (those i mentioned but DoK stay separate and we get 'free city aelves')

personly i would like 5 (shadow, DoK, light, wanderers and IDK. With the free peoples tome also haveing a few aelven units [aswell as perhaps a death aelven unit/faction and chaos aelves in STD]

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Overread said:

Except for the lore, models, setting, terrain, features and theme ;)

You can say that Underworlds is AoS as well using these criteria. How many of you use Shadespire / Underworlds models in your 2k points armies? Don't have to answear. I read lists/builds in various topics across all GA. Close to none is that answear. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Turin Turambar said:

my least favorite wanderers unite aesthetically, personally, I prefer the glade guard/ eternal guard/wildwood rangers/ sisters of the thorn (which all have a similar look of hoods and crowns and chest armour-things. wild riders do not fit the nomadic aelven skirmishers and scouts that the Wanderers are in the lore. but i think the wander prince in that BL book is the most likely look they will go with (if they deside to make a new-ish theme for them)image.png.962261cb8e3cf2aadf4f112ef082d5d3.png

As for Aelven faction bloat, we are guaranteed to have at least 4 (I don't count Sylvaneth as even their most aelven troops are not really aelves nor aelven looking);

shadow realm aelves (which may be 2 factions, malerion's and Morathie's troops), light realm aelves (most likely 1 army), wanderers (which are deeply involved in the lore [compared to other non-tome factions]) and IDK. and a max of 6 (those i mentioned but DoK stay separate and we get 'free city aelves')

personly i would like 5 (shadow, DoK, light, wanderers and IDK. With the free peoples tome also haveing a few aelven units [aswell as perhaps a death aelven unit/faction and chaos aelves in STD]

Wildly unlikely to happen.  I would be shocked if there were more than three.  We'd be very lucky to eventually get four

Edited by mikethefish

5 minutes ago, Aryann said:

You can say that Underworlds is AoS as well using these criteria. How many of you use Shadespire / Underworlds models in your 2k points armies? Don't have to answear. I read lists/builds in various topics across all GA. Close to none is that answear. 

Underworlds is Age of Sigmar, its just a side product. 

That and the warbands don't have highly competitive rules for them, so they dont' tend to sneak in. I can wager many might well own Underworld warbands and might use the models as leaders/heroes/champions within their armies. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Overread said:

Underworlds is Age of Sigmar, its just a side product. 

That and the warbands don't have highly competitive rules for them, so they dont' tend to sneak in. I can wager many might well own Underworld warbands and might use the models as leaders/heroes/champions within their armies. 

WHU belong to the AOS setting, of course, but is not in any way a "side" product. It has its own product line (that started, for the Model Studio, as unit variation models for AOS, but then evolved within the AOS studio* and now got its own product line). It has its own rules team, is aimed at different kind of players, and live its own life (with organized events and such). In some area it's bigger than AOS in terms of community events. More importantly, it has its own release schedule. 

So in terms of design and release, @Aryann is right (as Warcry share similaties with WHU in that regard as far as we know). In terms of setting, GW (or the social media team) sometimes seems to think that if they show something for one of the games within the AOS setting, everybody will be happy. Which is not really true... 

* If you want to learn more about how products are designed within GW : 

• Like 2

@Turin Turambar fair point. To be honest the wild Riders were always my favourite part of the wood eleves with their leader Orion being reborn according to seasons or need. A lot of wood elf culture seemed to stem from what was happening with Orion, from dryads defending Glades etc (at least from what I remember). I do however miss the collective nature of the wood elves in that they were bit Eldar like with different disciplines/paths, and then the amalgamation came together in times of War. Made for a flavourful brand of elf other than the generic wood elf ala Tolkien. 

There’s a host of possibilities from that army, I think Sylvaneth have been more interesting as a separate host, but there must be a clever way of intertwining them were they are separate armies but intrinsically intertwined should a collector/gamer choose.   Maybe like the Stormcast Chambers (although much more identical and clone like) were an aspect of the wood elves has specific units and Sylvaneth but in the end they are Wood Elves, just that some are more Shooty/Wild/ Prone to Dancing.  Either way interesting time for the aelfs collectors I reckon whenever/if there’s an eventual release. That or Yall get a tree house and some leaf spells...

• Like 2