The Rumour Thread

3 hours ago, Yokai said:

Have a look at this Facebook post.

By giving 2 different undercoats (one warm (yelowish) one cold (blueish) ), GW multiply by 2 the renders of the whole range of contrast colors. Well done GW !

And same color on both undercoats renders really differently.

On a side note, as some of the colors have a superb render on the primaris (energy armor), I don't now now what paint sheme that I'll use on my primaris army and my chaos army. Phhhh :P

Hell yes.

BLLivePreReleases-May29-LiberChaotica21a

Still one of, if not the, best background books GW ever put out. Incredible production that's still leaps and bounds beyond their other stuff and even what you see in a lot of RPG publishers, and some of the deepest and most fascinating background for chaos besides outside of the old Rogue Trader books or the Talon of Horus and the afterword to Slaves to Darkness.

Also I would note how valuable and important this book is, even if it was set within the WHFB old world (read: portrayed as the disturbed ramblings of an Imperial scholar going increasingly mad at what he found). Given the sheer care that went into its layour and production I strongly suspect the framing narrative won't be updated to be set in Azyrheim or wherever but the core themes and ideas are those which carried right through to AoS.

To show the bow-wave of some of these ideas and how they resonate, here are the author's thoughts on chaos and gods and so forth on the old Warseer forums from back in 2005: http://www.warseer.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-7807.html

I don't see Sigmar and the Ancestor Gods as 'real' gods until they enter the Warp. They were exceptionally powerful mortals, saturated with magic that they bound to their own will and identity, probably without even realising it.

Nagash was similar.

However, until they are freed of the bounds of their mortal shell and are able to traverse the Warp, bathe in its power and become able to absorb the faith and souls of their mortal devotees, they can never grow enough in power to rival the existing Chaos Gods. Hence, a living Sigmar, though spectacular to see, is nowhere near as omniscient, omnipotent or omnipresent (at least amongst his follwers) as the 'ascended' Warp entity that is Sigmar.

I would imagine. :)

Edited by sandlemad
  • Like 1

On 5/15/2019 at 4:38 PM, Sleboda said:

Are there any units out there that benefit the player (or at least hurt the foe) when slain?

For instance, if you had some squigs that would explode from failed battleshock, could you maybe use the Soulseeker to create a bomb?

Put a sacrificial Razorgor on it for a 40 pts Bloodtithe point. 

Hopefully we will get to see more of Warcry at the Games Expo this weekend.

Last year was pretty quiet for Age of Sigmar with only a single model previewed, but I would be happy this year if they show another of the Warcry warbands. I would however be ecstatic if they also talked a bit about gameplay.

4 hours ago, mhsellwood said:

Hopefully we will get to see more of Warcry at the Games Expo this weekend.

Last year was pretty quiet for Age of Sigmar with only a single model previewed, but I would be happy this year if they show another of the Warcry warbands. I would however be ecstatic if they also talked a bit about gameplay.

Don’t forget that second edition came out last year and you got to see the box contents in person (they were very nice). I also think they were saving stuff for the Age of Sigmar Open Day that was happening a few weeks after the expo.

But I’m hoping for some more stuff about Warcry as I think it looks cool

I expect we will see one new battletome or a release date for Sylvaneth if that is ready. I think we will see the warcry box contents and hopefully something about gameplay.

We will get the enforcers gang for Necromunda and Apocalypse info for 40k. 

It really depends when GW decides to do other events. We currently don't have any previews confirmed until the end of August at Nova. If they add some more preview events over the summer, we might not see much tomorrow. 

I spotted the Libre on ebay and was debating getting a copy - apparently retailers have had price lists sent out for it so hopefully its going on general sale for a while as I'd love to get a copy of it! Chaos is certainly one of those forces that no matter if its mortal realms, old world or 40K the core of its lore is going to be very similar and the artwork and general presentation is going to be worth it. From my googling around a LOT of the art we see for chaos is right there in that book! 

4 hours ago, Gaz Taylor said:

Don’t forget that second edition came out last year and you got to see the box contents in person (they were very nice). I also think they were saving stuff for the Age of Sigmar Open Day that was happening a few weeks after the expo.

But I’m hoping for some more stuff about Warcry as I think it looks cool

Good point re. Soul Wars. Had forgotten they had hands on for that.

23 hours ago, michu said:

During Black Library Live we're be able to buy new HARDBACK EDITION OF LIBER CHAOTICA!!! 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/29/black-library-live-new-booksgw-homepage-post-4/

22 hours ago, sandlemad said:

Hell yes.

BLLivePreReleases-May29-LiberChaotica21a

Still one of, if not the, best background books GW ever put out. Incredible production that's still leaps and bounds beyond their other stuff and even what you see in a lot of RPG publishers, and some of the deepest and most fascinating background for chaos besides outside of the old Rogue Trader books or the Talon of Horus and the afterword to Slaves to Darkness.

Also I would note how valuable and important this book is, even if it was set within the WHFB old world (read: portrayed as the disturbed ramblings of an Imperial scholar going increasingly mad at what he found). Given the sheer care that went into its layour and production I strongly suspect the framing narrative won't be updated to be set in Azyrheim or wherever but the core themes and ideas are those which carried right through to AoS.

To show the bow-wave of some of these ideas and how they resonate, here are the author's thoughts on chaos and gods and so forth on the old Warseer forums from back in 2005: http://www.warseer.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-7807.html

I really, REALLY hope that they make some for a limited edition run on the Black Library store.........................

3 hours ago, The_Yellow_Sign said:

Someone shared this on fb. I wonder if it's legit?

3 hours ago, obaobaboss said:

Don't think so. The Artwork is not new.

It also doesn't match the current art style of AoS. That and if anything they'd have a Megaboss or a Brute on the cover instead of an 'Ardboy wouldn't they? Also the artwork is creating too much noise behind the text and the text is blurry because its been resized to fit. This is totally fake.

Edited by RuneBrush

So.  On the meta topic of releases and rumours…

I'm wondering if the contentious idea of "too much info too soon" is in play here for Warcry.  Everyone wants more info, more teasers, more photos, more hints, all the time "tell me what's coming" more more more.

My peak interest in Warcry was about a month ago.  My excitement level has been steadily decreasing since then.  Not because I think less of the potential of the game or the contents of the box, but just due to the normal ebbs and flows of my interest over time.  I looked at all the models, and already had my excited conversations with my friends about how cool they look.  A month ago.  It's not like I'm going to have that same conversation again with the same people.

It's possible that more new releases will restoke the fires of my passion, but I suspect that by this point I'll watch Warcry come and go without making any effort to collect the funds to buy it - which would NOT have been true a month or so ago.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

14 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

I'm wondering if the contentious idea of "too much info too soon" is in play here for Warcry.  Everyone wants more info, more teasers, more photos, more hints, all the time "tell me what's coming" more more more.

My peak interest in Warcry was about a month ago.  My excitement level has been steadily decreasing since then.  Not because I think less of the potential of the game or the contents of the box, but just due to the normal ebbs and flows of my interest over time.  I looked at all the models, and already had my excited conversations with my friends about how cool they look.  A month ago.  It's not like I'm going to have that same conversation again with the same people.

It's possible that more new releases will restoke the fires of my passion, but I suspect that by this point I'll watch Warcry come and go without making any effort to collect the funds to buy it - which would NOT have been true a month or so ago.

Well, it's exactly the opposite for me. 

I. Can't. Wait. 

And really hope we see another gang in more or less 24 hours !

31 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

Everyone is on a different point on the curve.

For me, I had virtually no interest in Warcry until they confirmed there would be rules for playing other factions.  Accordingly I will probably pick up the core set but my interest in the warband reveals hovers a notch above non-existent. I'm more interested in seeing the rules at this stage than anything else related to it.

I am expecting another Warcry preview, but at this point I just want to see teases for something that isn't Warcry/Forbidden Power, since we've been getting constant updates on those since almost the beginning of the year.

Show me another armybook, another battlebox, more Shadespire, just anything that isn't Forbidden Power/Warcry/Contrast.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, amysrevenge said:

This is exactly how I feel about Warcry too.  The tease has just been drawn out way too long, with very little to show for it. At this point I'm more excited for the General's Handbook, to be honest. Balanced 1000-pt battleplans and expanded mercenary lists may just satisfy me.

• Like 1

I think the unfortunate thing is Forbidden Power turned out to be totally different than what a lot of people expected. It's geared towards narrative play, which is fine, everyone should get stuff for their particular style of play; but it also meant matched play players had little to gain from the whole thing (the spells are cool looking, but with those point costs they really don't want you using them in earnest). The lore is interesting, but I doubt a lot of people are paying $90 for some backstory.

So in the end, we have Forbidden Power, which a grand swathe of players will have no interest in...we have Warcry, which looks dope, but we knew wasn't coming out for a hot little bit...and the delayed Sylvaneth book...so despite all of these teases and cool 'looking' things, it kind of feels like AoS itself hasn't had anything interesting to announce in awhile, unless you're into Slaanesh (in terms of AoS content that large groups of the player base would also be interested in).

But, we do have contrast paints and the GHB next month, so hurrah!

12 minutes ago, Zamik said:

This is exactly how I feel about Warcry too.  The tease has just been drawn out way too long, with very little to show for it. At this point I'm more excited for the General's Handbook, to be honest. Balanced 1000-pt battleplans and expanded mercenary lists may just satisfy me.

Yeah, I'm not claiming a shift in my opinions on a Like-Dislike axis.  I'm still firmly on the Like side of that one.  It's the Excitement-Apathy axis that I'm concerned about, and too much too soon, too long before the release date, has got me trending toward the Apathy side.

• Like 1