The Rumour Thread

1 hour ago, Ogregut said:

Big thing in June is contrast and big thing in July is Warcry. Both have been marketed heavily. 

Not necessarily.

I can't imagine GW going for 2 month without anything for their 2 biggest cash cows AoS & 40K. More of this, we know that the new vehicules for Admech (teased again last week) and Primaris are coming in addition to Chaos Knights. Add to this a StD release and some battle tomes.

Big indeed.

Edited by GeneralZero

Contrast paints are going to be a big cash cow for GW because it will hit their entire miniature buying market so that's a huge thing for 40K as much as it is AoS. Warcry is also their big product for the summer, which makes sense as this year is more focused on AoS than on 40K. 40K however also has a huge release in the form of Sisters of Battle later in the year and have already just had a big Chaos update. 

Now chances are Sylvanath Battletome might be around the corner and hopefully one more before we hit the end of July - I'd like to see two more to get GW really back on track with getting more tomes released and updated. 

• Like 3

any new AoS release (that we don't know about) would probably hinge on if they reveal anything worthwhile or significant at the UK toy expo next week.

I not sure how big the event is but I would guess at a minimum they would reveal another Warband for Warcry and another WH: U model tease

Considering how close to Warcry we are I don't think we'll see a new army this side of Warcry. That's the big event for the summer. 

So I can see new battletomes and updated tomes, but I can't see any big army release in this window. Now a month or two after Warcry sure!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Overread said:

Considering how close to Warcry we are I don't think we'll see a new army this side of Warcry. That's the big event for the summer. 

So I can see new battletomes and updated tomes, but I can't see any big army release in this window. Now a month or two after Warcry sure!

I cant imagine them not releasing warcry alongside darkoath/std

13 minutes ago, Ungface said:

Agreed, it would be a big shock if GW doesn't release a new Slaves to Darkness Battletome either alongside or just after.

That said I think Dark Oath has honestly taken a step to the side and GW might even rename slaves into dark-oath or make dark oath a subforce within them. Otherwise Dark Oath and Slaves are covering too similar a grouping of models. I'd also expect it to include Everchosen since that way GW can keep everchosen but also make the army practical without releasing lots of models (since right now Everchosen only has Acharon and Champion riders). Plus Everchosen and Slaves are listed under the same title heading on the GW store; whilst Dark Oath is mostly limited to the Queen. 

Wasnt it confirmed that the warcry warbands will have the StD keyword in AoS, I believe this is telling on what the faction will be.

As is the lore behind warcry, chaos dudes fighting to become varanguard, everchosen will be in the book.

Honestly whilst Warcry is the big thing of summer I see it as a big "duel box" product that lets GW throw a bunch of new sculpts into Slaves to Darkness and at the same time test out a new skirmish scale wargame for the franchise. A double hit of a new interesting game mode for short/fast games and also new models for the army. 

3 hours ago, Ogregut said:

Big thing in June is contrast and big thing in July is Warcry. Both have been marketed heavily. 

Contrast and Generals Handbook for June would be my guess.  It's been fairly 40 lite since the Abaddon too so can see the new Knight being given some limelight next month too.

For the STD/Darkoath/Everchosen battletome release, i feel like they would release that when all 6 warcry warband have been release and i think there would only be 4 playable at launch (based on how their release schedule was for shadespire and Nightvault). so it could still be a ways off.

admittedly there is a lot of 40k releases on the horizon, Renegade Knights, Apocalpyse game, Primaris tank, AD mech transport, Iron Hand Character, Blackstone fortress, it probably fills up the next 2 month pretty well

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Ungface said:

Tbh I think we won't get darkoath till warcry has finished all it's releases.

I really need to restrain myself to not run out and buy a chaos knight army.

Edited by Riavan

10 hours ago, Overread said:

Agreed, it would be a big shock if GW doesn't release a new Slaves to Darkness Battletome either alongside or just after.

That said I think Dark Oath has honestly taken a step to the side and GW might even rename slaves into dark-oath or make dark oath a subforce within them. Otherwise Dark Oath and Slaves are covering too similar a grouping of models. I'd also expect it to include Everchosen since that way GW can keep everchosen but also make the army practical without releasing lots of models (since right now Everchosen only has Acharon and Champion riders). Plus Everchosen and Slaves are listed under the same title heading on the GW store; whilst Dark Oath is mostly limited to the Queen. 

It’ll be when all the Warcry stuff is out, or the Warcry stuff won’t be in the tome. They won’t do rules before the models are available. 

31 minutes ago, Riavan said:

Tbh I think we won't get darkoath till warcry has finished all it's releases.

Weren't all the chaos warbands for Warcry being released at the same time? Or maybe that was just the rules for the non-chaos factions and I'm miss remembering it.

4 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

Weren't all the chaos warbands for Warcry being released at the same time? Or maybe that was just the rules for the non-chaos factions and I'm miss remembering it.

They havnt said that I don't think. I imagine they will slowly come out. Like kill team or necromunda.

I think they said the rule book will include rules for the other factions they listed though.

Edited by Riavan
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dirtnaps said:

No the launch release will be the starter box and rules for the non chaos warbands.

The release pattern will probably be the same as we have seen with underworlds with one or two warbands a month after the first release. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw the slaves to Darkness battletome in January  or February next year once all the warbands are out.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, mikethefish said:

They are indeed multi-part kits.  Actually the kits themselves seem to have lots in common with Necromunda gangs

Aren't the necromunda kits all standard builds though, even if multipart kits. I thought the instructions show how exactly to build each named model in a set way (I admit to owning a few sets but have chucked them in a box without opening them for when I get back to working on my huge inquisimunda table)  Granted, they are plastic- anything plastic is technically easily convertible or kit bash-able. multi-part kits I always took to meaning they could be built any way you wanted, the parts were mostly all interchangeable.

Neromunda has set bodies and legs for the most part (I can't recall if there is any variety there or not as I've not looked at my kits either for a while), but the arms and heads are totally interchangeable. The instructions let you build the named/example gangers, but you can pretty much do what you want with the arms and heads as well as some accessory options. 

This is further extended by FW producing alternate head/arm kits which expands the weapon options for the gangers considerably. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RexHavoc said:

Aren't the necromunda kits all standard builds though, even if multipart kits. I thought the instructions show how exactly to build each named model in a set way (I admit to owning a few sets but have chucked them in a box without opening them for when I get back to working on my huge inquisimunda table)  Granted, they are plastic- anything plastic is technically easily convertible or kit bash-able. multi-part kits I always took to meaning they could be built any way you wanted, the parts were mostly all interchangeable.

As Overread stated, for the Necromunda gangs, the torsos and legs are fairly mono-pose, but you can interchange the heads and arms

If you look at the War Cry models you can see evidence of this style of kit.  I've seen examples of models where the main body is the same, but there are differences in weaponry.