The Rumour Thread

6 minutes ago, michu said:

Hey, there is new GW site - Citadel Colour. So many tutorials, both basic and advanced,

https://citadelcolour.com/

Indeed but 2 big disapointments:

- (almost) nothing, no tuto, about the upcoming contrast paints: only promotional video. This is a big miss.

- ZERO subtitles, nada, nothing. For such a big company adressing the whole world, this is really disapointing (and for deaf people like myself, this is even worse)

5 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

(almost) nothing, no tuto, about the upcoming contrast paints: only promotional video. This is a big miss.

They will definitely release those tutorials after the release of contrast paints, right now it's pointless.

EDIT: Wait @GeneralZero, it's here. Battle Ready mode and Parade mode. https://citadelcolour.com/citadel-colour-system#contrast

Edited by michu

24 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Indeed but 2 big disapointments:

- (almost) nothing, no tuto, about the upcoming contrast paints: only promotional video. This is a big miss.

- ZERO subtitles, nada, nothing. For such a big company adressing the whole world, this is really disapointing (and for deaf people like myself, this is even worse)

I mean, why would they post tutorials for paints you can't actually buy yet?

1 hour ago, GeneralZero said:

As a fellow deaf gamer, I 'hear' you. 9_9#BadPun #NotEvenSorry

However I usually don't need subtitles on the painting tuto: most of the time seeing how it's done in the video is enough and I skip the 'blablabla' bits. But even then, I would love to have subtitles.

Apart from the painting tuto, I would really REALLY like GW to put subtitles in their trailer videos (the animated ones which announce new armies or new chapters in the warhammer lore).

I also emailed Black Library to ask them is audiobook stories will also be available in ebook someday (like 'Realmslayer' or 'Imprecations of Daemons' which are only available in audio version), but they gave me a rather unsatisfactory answer saying that they don't know what the publication team is working on and they can't tell if audiobooks will be available in readable format. Well at least it saves me money.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ChaosLord said:

Amazon Kindle app can read non-audio books out loud to you. I'm an avid Audible user and understand it's not the same as having pro voice actors, but it's an option. I wouldn't bet on GW doing high quality audio books. I just don't think their fiction sells at the same kind of volume as say a Brent Weeks or Brandon Sanderson to be able to justify it.

I think you're missing the point here sir.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, ChaosLord said:

Yeah, oops I misread that lol.

I laughed but thanks anyway! :D

Edit: I know you misread but there are actually a lot of people who make this kind of mistake. I once had a cinema employee who told me that subtitles weren't available on a movie I wanted to see but then he said I could have audio descriptions (for blind and visually impaired people), asking me if it would be useful. "Eh, not really..."

Edited by The Golem
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Not really surprising, but looks like the painting app get a makeover too:

citadel-color2.jpg

Naamloos.jpg

Hope it will be updated directly when contrast is available for pre-order. Really like to see the different paints and what they do, before I order them

Edited by Lowki

3 hours ago, Lowki said:

Not really surprising, but looks like the painting app get a makeover too:

citadel-color2.jpg

Naamloos.jpg

Hope it will be updated directly when contrast is available for pre-order. Really like to see the different paints and what they do, before I order them

Where did you find this? Looks really good!

I just read the free story 'Cursed Waters' that came out recently and came across this interesting bit.  When the undead force attack on the lake, the dead appear to pray to someone/something:

‘The dead!’ went up the cry, echoed by a score of terrified lakemen. ‘The dead come! Mordda protect us!’

I haven't heard of a deity with that name in any of the lore I've read so far, have any of you? This would seem to confirm the existence of possible minor deities tied to specific cultures of Free Peoples. I also wonder if "Mordda" is at all connected to the old world god "Morr". Anyone know more about these minor deities in lore?

EDIT: Oops! Just after posting this I found a bit of a writeup that does indeed flesh out the god a bit more in the context of Forbidden Power. However, I'm super interested that these different cultures of people have minor gods they worship. It potentially gives us loads of options to personally theme our own armies and cultures by giving them minor gods to worship.

Edited by NazbitWeirdstabba
further info

48 minutes ago, SilentSentinel said:

Really keen to get some more info on this mysterious being that Nagash is trying to rescue from the vault.  

I read somewhere today that this being is not named in the book. It's just a teaser.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NazbitWeirdstabba said:

I just read the free story 'Cursed Waters' that came out recently and came across this interesting bit.  When the undead force attack on the lake, the dead appear to pray to someone/something:

I haven't heard of a deity with that name in any of the lore I've read so far, have any of you? This would seem to confirm the existence of possible minor deities tied to specific cultures of Free Peoples. I also wonder if "Mordda" is at all connected to the old world god "Morr". Anyone know more about these minor deities in lore?

EDIT: Oops! Just after posting this I found a bit of a writeup that does indeed flesh out the god a bit more in the context of Forbidden Power. However, I'm super interested that these different cultures of people have minor gods they worship. It potentially gives us loads of options to personally theme our own armies and cultures by giving them minor gods to worship.

Gods like Taal, Myrmidia and Morrda do exist in AOS, besides Morrda was firstly mentioned in the new SCE Battletome, a death god worshipped by Anvils

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, NazbitWeirdstabba said:

Ahh I see. How do these gods work in AoS lore, then? They just never died or have been reborn somehow?

Sadly we never know, at present there is so little information about them. Considering even runefangs became some kind of “blades god” I believe they either survived or resurrected by new worshippers 

• Thanks 1

Yea the story isn't resolved In forbidden power, it's gonna continue, my money is 100% on Be'lakor anyone else got any idea who this old Ally could be?

And gods are more abstract they are like a collection of energy able to move and change, as such all of them has to be destroyed for them to truely die. eg as long as there is urgold Grimnir still exists as that is what his energy has coalesced into 

Edited by SaJeel