The Rumour Thread

Just now, CommodoreCass said:

Still no date for Contrast? I stopped all my projects waiting for this.

All we got told was "June" at WHFest.  Would agree with @CitizenX that pre-order this weekend or next is the most likely - there's a fairly hefty article in White Dwarf the next issue which is due middle of next month, so it wouldn't surprise me to see it out in time for that.  Could even be a 2 week pre-order window which they've done with the last couple of major releases.

There's also a new black crackle paint due out too as that's used in the article (and apparently some of the FW airbrush paints being brought back as part of the main Citadel range).

1 hour ago, Overread said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/22/contrast-the-pro-perspectivegw-homepage-post-1/

Ok so the video is very much like watching actors talking about an upcoming film (seriously is this contrast paint the product or CONTRAST PAINT - THE MOVIE? ;) ). Overall though GW has reached out and got a nice range of quality painters in the video and I think that their enthusiasm and viewpoints certainly echo many we've been hearing already - that contrast paint is going to be a likely solid tool in the toolbox for many high quality painters; whilst for the more casual or battle-ready painter its the kind of paint that can let them get armies up to tabletop standard and down on the table playing with them painted. 

Yeah, this video is pretty meh ... if they had all these experts painting with the contrast paints, let's see a video of them actually doing that and their results. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, ChaosLord said:

Yeah, this video is pretty meh ... if they had all these experts painting with the contrast paints, let's see a video of them actually doing that and their results. 

They'll probably post them once we get closer to the release

Edit: here's a tweet from Tyler Mengel 

Edited by PJetski
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

2 hours ago, RuneBrush said:

All we got told was "June" at WHFest.  Would agree with @CitizenX that pre-order this weekend or next is the most likely - there's a fairly hefty article in White Dwarf the next issue which is due middle of next month, so it wouldn't surprise me to see it out in time for that.  Could even be a 2 week pre-order window which they've done with the last couple of major releases.

There's also a new black crackle paint due out too as that's used in the article (and apparently some of the FW airbrush paints being brought back as part of the main Citadel range).

It won’t be this weekend, we’d know by now. 

5 minutes ago, the_master288 said:

I'm definitely interested to see how these paints turn out and what their success rate is when in the hands of the public.  I'm very skeptical, but it would be wrong for me to say that I'm not interested to see how it turns out!

I have been making these type of paints for nearly a year now and have posted this recipe at various sites. Just mix the GW Air paint 1:1 with a wash, slap that on a light undercoat. I personally tend to do standard mechanicus > Heavy ulthuan dry brush and then apply the "glaze"-shade mix all in 1 mix on top of that. So feel free and go and experiment a bit before these paints are released :).

Abbadon black + nuln oil gives this result for example (WIP)

image.png.24562a723b6771849a877057a919ac2b.png

Edited by Kugane
  • Like 3
  • LOVE IT! 1

6 minutes ago, Kugane said:

I have been making these type of paints for nearly a year now and have posted this recipe at various sites. Just mix the GW Air paint 1:1 with a wash, slap that on a light undercoat. I personally tend to do standard mechanicus > Heavy ulthuan dry brush and then apply the glaze and shade all in 1 mix on top of that. So feel free and go and experiment a bit before these paints are released :).

Abbadon black + nuln oil gives this result for example (WIP)

image.png.24562a723b6771849a877057a919ac2b.png

That looks really good, nice work!!  Hmm, may have to look into more paint experimentation and see what happens.

4 minutes ago, the_master288 said:

That looks really good, nice work!!  Hmm, may have to look into more paint experimentation and see what happens.

Thank you^^ and indeed! :) I think the hexwraith gloom paints and such recently are very close to contrast paints.
I personally am really looking forward to mixing in random paints into this contrast range to see if its possible to make the gradient even stronger. I also think the mechanics + drybrushing the contrast paint undercoat will likely make all the edges even more defined. Lets hope its out next week haha.

Edited by Kugane

2 minutes ago, FPC said:

Haven’t been keeping up with rumors. Is it confirmed that there’s still ANOTHER destruction book coming in 2019? Or was Gloomspite the one?

There will be at least one more battletome for each alliance before the end of the year. That has been confirmed.

For Destruction, you can expect Orruk (possibly soup) and/or Ogors (almost certainly soup, maybe including Beastclaw Raiders).

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Minis by Night said:

There will be at least one more battletome for each alliance before the end of the year. That has been confirmed.

For Destruction, you can expect Orruk (possibly soup) and/or Ogors (almost certainly soup, maybe including Beastclaw Raiders).

Holding out for Ogors so, yay!

• Like 1

Official word, no. But we can make an educated guess.

Warcry is the next AoS-ish big release. After that, you can expect at best one big (like Gloomspike Gits, maybe a new army) and one medium (like Slaneesh) release until the end of the year. Every other release will be a battletome, 3 endless spells and a terrain piece, and maybe a new hero if they get a dual army box. Don't hold you breath though, some armies that really need a model update didn't get any (Skaven say hi!).

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Minis by Night said:

Official word, no. But we can make an educated guess.

Warcry is the next AoS-ish big release. After that, you can expect at best one big (like Gloomspike Gits, maybe a new army) and one medium (like Slaneesh) release until the end of the year. Every other release will be a battletome, 3 endless spells and a terrain piece, and maybe a new hero if they get a dual army box. Don't hold you breath though, some armies that really need a model update didn't get any (Skaven say hi!).

I have a feeling that whichever death battletome comes out would be the one that gets the model release (unless it happens to a LON rerelease)

They could definitely combine BCR and Ogors into one large faction with few models needed (well, by needed I mean technically. There are some ogors that could use a redo but not that bad). I’d be very happy to see this happen like Gloomspite where it’s totally viable to play any of the sub-factions alone, or a mixed force. 

• Like 1