The Rumour Thread

10 hours ago, ManlyMuppet88 said:

After a detailed and exhaustive analysis of the size, shape and pattern of the scales, I can confidently say that this rumour engine pic belongs to something that has scales. ;)

I really hate the rumour engine.

Scales pattern is the same as carnosauro tail, this time we have it

I hope

7 hours ago, Sharkbelly said:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/21/tales-of-forbidden-power-cursed-waters/

"Pater Blackteeth and his deadwalkers"

I like the sound of that! Lake Lethis is sounding more and more interesting all the time.

Well now you can play the scenario! 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/21/forbidden-power-death-on-the-watergw-homepage-post-4/

38 minutes ago, StealthKnightSteg said:

I'll chip in aswell!

I think it's the long awaited Dragon for Karl Franz! or in this case a generic Free Guild General on Dragon

🤗

Did Franz even have rules for his Dragon in 8th ed ? Cause I know thats when they bought out the Griffon kit that could make Karl Franz and GW dont like doubling up kits.

1 minute ago, Jetengine said:

Did Franz even have rules for his Dragon in 8th ed ? Cause I know thats when they bought out the Griffon kit that could make Karl Franz and GW dont like doubling up kits.

It’s funny but the possibility did exist😂.

Now where were we, ah yes the rumor picture showing us the new crocrat.

1 minute ago, Jetengine said:

Did Franz even have rules for his Dragon in 8th ed ? Cause I know that's when they bought out the Griffon kit that could make Karl Franz and GW don't like doubling up kits.

Good point.. I have to dig out my 8th ed Empire book for that to figure out.. It's been way to long since I really really did something with my Empire army besides the sporadic battle here and there as a Free People army

6 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

It’s funny but the possibility did exist😂.

Now where were we, ah yes the rumor picture showing us the new crocrat.

No, he legitimately DID have rules to have a dragon as his steed. It was whether it was during 7th (The era of "Do what you want, we cant make models for everything") or 8th (Which started like 7th but as soon as Chapterhouse becamea thing it was "Rules only for kits") which will  influence if the kit was meant to be a kitbash or a new model.

If the kit was made during 7th to be released in 8th then the thought would have been "Eh they can just glue Franz on one of the several dragons we make" if it was made during 8th however then they would have intended to make a new kit for it which would be odd 

Edited by Jetengine

25 minutes ago, Jetengine said:

No, he legitimately DID have rules to have a dragon as his steed. It was whether it was during 7th (The era of "Do what you want, we cant make models for everything") or 8th (Which started like 7th but as soon as Chapterhouse becamea thing it was "Rules only for kits") which will  influence if the kit was meant to be a kitbash or a new model.

If the kit was made during 7th to be released in 8th then the thought would have been "Eh they can just glue Franz on one of the several dragons we make" if it was made during 8th however then they would have intended to make a new kit for it which would be odd 

Yes I know I literally had the book in the 8th edition.

If I’m remembering correctly he had the option to be taken on foot, horse, horse with Armour, Griffon and dragon 

I just put the symbol incorrectly 

edit: what I found funny was that there were many rules for models that didn’t exist or never have had a model representing another mount 

Edited by Skreech Verminking

GW did go through a long phase where they were adding more and more to Codex/Battletomes and the miniatures and production department were just not catching up at all. I think it was during a phase where they were more heavily pushing conversions and I guess their thought was if people had big collections they'd convert and it would encourage pepole to buy two or three kits to then build one model from them - plus all the bits stores selling bits from broken up kits also generating sales.

What broke that was both the fact that many weren't converting (new gamers and not everyone wants to convert or can); and also the fact that 3rd party companies were filling those gaps for GW. GW also lost the chapterhouse court case and honestly couldn't stop anyone making "generic human hero on dragon" models anyway. So basically GW decided that it was better for gamers and themselves to go back and remove anything that wasn't modelled from their books. 

I think it was a positive change because you can still convert just like before, its only that now its not required to take part. This makes the game a lot easier to pick up and go for new people and also creates uniform quality appearances of officially built armies. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JPjr said:

I didn’t expect scales, or indeed a tail, on the new IdK Endless Spell but I trust the designers to do us right.

Are new endless spells even coming ? I think they would release them along with Forbidden Power or GHB. 

16 minutes ago, DantePQ said:

Are new endless spells even coming ? I think they would release them along with Forbidden Power or GHB. 

I hold to my opinion that ID and DoK will be the last to receive Endless Spells because it will be a release as always combined with a battletome. They can't do that now or they will ****** people off since the last battletomes are only 1 year old. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BobbyB said:

Ah great, so just before heat 3 😢 better get some extra stuff painted up for ironjawz in case of a huge points drop

If that happens I'll probably build something up because my son loves Ironjawz. But what's not to like, the Maw Crusha is a fantastic model.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/22/contrast-the-pro-perspectivegw-homepage-post-1/

Ok so the video is very much like watching actors talking about an upcoming film (seriously is this contrast paint the product or CONTRAST PAINT - THE MOVIE? ;) ). Overall though GW has reached out and got a nice range of quality painters in the video and I think that their enthusiasm and viewpoints certainly echo many we've been hearing already - that contrast paint is going to be a likely solid tool in the toolbox for many high quality painters; whilst for the more casual or battle-ready painter its the kind of paint that can let them get armies up to tabletop standard and down on the table playing with them painted. 

• Like 2