Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, madmac said:

Death: New faction...

I think fleshed out Soulblight or Deathrattle is more likely. I mean, pretty much the only "allies" Nagash ever had that he seems to have really liked - other than Arkhan - were Krell, a wight king whose return could definitely inject some serious coolness into Deathrattle, and Vlad, a vampire, who if Nagash didn't really "like" he at least got to respect during the End Times.

Now, that said, it's entirely possible that a new Soulblight or Deathrattle will have some new added aesthetic - in fact, I hope they do! But I don't think we'll see something entirely new, not while there are unfinished subfactions that already have a base of models for GW to build off of.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

What's happening about the sylvaneth? shouldn't they be released soon? No preview yet....

It had issue with Chinese factory and was suposed to be released but was held up by factors outside GW control.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, PJetski said:

We better get a new Seraphon book this year...

Can but hope, that scales rumor engine (That I don't believe has been solved) possibly adds a bit of hope seeing as it's very kroxigory

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If what they said about one faction being released for each grand alliance is true, then my predictions are:

Order: Seraphon
Destruction: Ogors (Gutbusters/Beastclaw raiders, or something along those lines)
Chaos: Slaves to Darkness + Everchosen

Death: Soulblight

 

I wish there are aelves, free people, and dispossessed released for order as well, but with the information we have, I'll settle for these.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@michu Oh! That's reassuring. 

My wallet is in danger from any kind of  Ogor, Soulblight, or Aelf release. If they'd end up doing all of them... oh boy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are still 7 months left in the year, even if we take one month out for Warcry that leaves ample room for at least 6 further Battletomes this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Overread said:

There are still 7 months left in the year, even if we take one month out for Warcry that leaves ample room for at least 6 further Battletomes this year. 

Here's hoping!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For the sake of my wallet, I hope angelic aelf and serphon won't be released together this year😂(Just kidding)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HammerOfSigmar said:

For the sake of my wallet, I hope angelic aelf and serphon won't be released together this year

Ok, now you made it.  Now GW is going to release them both next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a big potential area is what GW does with Aelves. 

 

Early on the new light and dark aelves were clearly hinted at being full armies like Idoneth and they still could be. However the Slaanesh tome suggests that at least the light side might end up more like Daughters of Khaine, using new light aelves but also wrapping in existing aelf armies as well into a united force. GW could make this an all encompassing alliance so that the light gathers up the remains of dark and high aelf models with some being lost (swordmasters of hoeth I'm looking at you). A lot might depend how far along their work is on the alternate armies. 

 

That said they've revealed nothing fully on either so they are still very much up in the air as to what they could be. GW could even release both light and dark aelf armies and then have a combined arms aelf force (so 3 armies). 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Overread said:

Early on the new light and dark aelves were clearly hinted at being full armies like Idoneth and they still could be. However the Slaanesh tome suggests that at least the light side might end up more like Daughters of Khaine, using new light aelves but also wrapping in existing aelf armies as well into a united force. 

Ghouls and Sylvaneth have showed off similar tricks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Overread said:

There are still 7 months left in the year, even if we take one month out for Warcry that leaves ample room for at least 6 further Battletomes this year. 

...and remember the FEC/Skaven have been released at the same time (with a dual army box also!). So, 2 battletomes in one drop is possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Overread said:

I think a big potential area is what GW does with Aelves. 

 

Early on the new light and dark aelves were clearly hinted at being full armies like Idoneth and they still could be. However the Slaanesh tome suggests that at least the light side might end up more like Daughters of Khaine, using new light aelves but also wrapping in existing aelf armies as well into a united force. GW could make this an all encompassing alliance so that the light gathers up the remains of dark and high aelf models with some being lost (swordmasters of hoeth I'm looking at you). A lot might depend how far along their work is on the alternate armies. 

 

That said they've revealed nothing fully on either so they are still very much up in the air as to what they could be. GW could even release both light and dark aelf armies and then have a combined arms aelf force (so 3 armies). 

The more I think about “repackage the existing Aelves as new Hysh/Ulgu Aelves” the less I like it.   Sigmar/humans got Stormcast.  Dwarves got huge Steampunk  Zeppelins.  A minor (lore and influence wise) Aelven faction was delivered with sea creatures.  Why would the full realisation of Teclis and Tyrion’s vision for the rescued souls of Hyshian Aelves be “lol exactly the ones we had already”.  It would be such a waste of such creative potential. 

Roll in Order Draconis, Swifthawk, Phoenix temple etc with Free Peoples and Dispossessed as their free cities thing.   Flex GWs serious creative muscle for the new stuff.

Edited by Aelven supremacy
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aelven supremacy said:

The more I think about “repackage the existing Aelves as new Hysh/Ulgu Aelves” the less I like it.   Sigmar/humans got Stormcast.  Dwarves got huge Steampunk  Zeppelins.  A minor (lore and power wise) Aelven faction was delivered with sea creatures.  Why would the full realisation of Teclis and Tyrion’s vision for the rescued souls of Hyshian Aelves be “lol exactly the ones we had already”.  It would be such a waste of such creative potential. 

Roll in order draconis, Swifthawk, Phoenix temple etc with Free Peoples and Dispossessed as their free cities thing.   Flex GWs serious creative muscle for the new stuff.

I don't think it would be "repackage", more a matter of using what they've got as a jumping off point and adding new kits.

That said, I would totally dig a multi-species Free Cities faction consisting of the existing Human, Aelven, and Duardin kits plus some cool new stuff.

One minor lore quibble: Stormcast aren't something "humans" got. There's evidence that some Stormcast are made from Aelven souls, and if that's true, it's likely that others were made from Duardin souls as well. Additionally, even if Stormcast are made from Human souls exclusively, they aren't really a "Human" thing - it's pretty clear that the machinery of Sigmar's empire uses Stormcast as the tip of the spear but relies of ordinary Humans, Aelves, and Duardin to hold the territory once his tin soldiers have claimed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ElectricPaladin said:

I don't think it would be "repackage", more a matter of using what they've got as a jumping off point and adding new kits.

That said, I would totally dig a multi-species Free Cities faction consisting of the existing Human, Aelven, and Duardin kits plus some cool new stuff.

One minor lore quibble: Stormcast aren't something "humans" got. There's evidence that some Stormcast are made from Aelven souls, and if that's true, it's likely that others were made from Duardin souls as well. Additionally, even if Stormcast are made from Human souls exclusively, they aren't really a "Human" thing - it's pretty clear that the machinery of Sigmar's empire uses Stormcast as the tip of the spear but relies of ordinary Humans, Aelves, and Duardin to hold the territory once his tin soldiers have claimed it.

Point taken about human/stormcast.   I guess I was more talking about Sigmar as a (human) god creating something completely new from and different to the old world.  Teclis alone has already created sea aelves (when isn’t Tyrion the actual god?)   We have all the Aelven models still and they can create rules for them within a free cities alliance easily enough.  Creating a whole new epic range like Idoneth would be way more fulfilling as a route than using existing models, even as just a jumping point

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Tzeentch will get a new battletome along with endless spells this year. During the announcement at the LVO they announced that each grand alliance will be getting a new battletome. The picture is the order grand alliance was a stormcast and a Fyreslayer and we have had a new Fyreslayer battletome. The chaos picture had something very Tzeentch looking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Umjammerlama said:

I think Tzeentch will get a new battletome along with endless spells this year. During the announcement at the LVO they announced that each grand alliance will be getting a new battletome. The picture is the order grand alliance was a stormcast and a Fyreslayer and we have had a new Fyreslayer battletome. The chaos picture had something very Tzeentch looking. 

I had suggested that on Facebook, though in my case it was hoping that the vampire for Death indicated a Soulblight battletome, but someone pointed out that the characters in that image are actually iconic for each faction. Basically, that image has been used before and doesn't necessarily indicate anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ElectricPaladin said:

I had suggested that on Facebook, though in my case it was hoping that the vampire for Death indicated a Soulblight battletome, but someone pointed out that the characters in that image are actually iconic for each faction. Basically, that image has been used before and doesn't necessarily indicate anything.

Outside of Slaves to Darkness though, if there were to be another Chaos tome I imagine it would be Tzeentch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Aelven supremacy said:

Outside of Slaves to Darkness though, if there were to be another Chaos tome I imagine it would be Tzeentch?

I'm not saying it's a bad guess, I'm just saying that the image @Umjammerlama is referring to isn't evidence for anything in particular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Aelven supremacy said:

Agreed 100%


Tzeentch is really in need of an update. 
If I remember correctly, it's probably the most FAQed book currently existing. 

I wouldn't be surprised if we see an updated battletome + Endless spell  very soon. Especially cause it's one of the most magic-oriented faction so ... Endless spells would make so much sense. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...