The Rumour Thread

I don't think Warcry is AoS kill team. It's already been made clear that it is a very specific setting and point in history. I think it's more likely that we see rules for assembling games for other factions so you can still play Warcry even if you don't want to collect Chaos, but they won't truly be part of the game.

25 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Think of all this first turn charge army’s like fec, Dok, Boc etc.

combine the new spell with Warplightning vortex, Warpgale, Dreaded Warpgale and shackles and you can be assured that your enemy won’t be able to move more then 2inches

Not everyone has as devious spells as Skaven it seems ( very fitting, yes, yes! (sorry, couldn't help myself)) - well, the Shards are definitely something I'd like for my Tzeentch lis as well.

These endless spells are definitely a step up in power level compared to the last batch (with the exception of the Horrorghast, which could find a niche role).

Lauchon seems incredibly broken to me. It depends a bit on points cost, of course, but the presence of this spell (and at only a 6 to cast!) opens up alpha striking possibilities to a TON of units that couldn't realistically charge on the first turn before. 

The mere presence of this spell could warp the meta even more toward low drop.

3 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

These endless spells are definitely a step up in power level compared to the last batch (with the exception of the Horrorghast, which could find a niche role).

Lauchon seems incredibly broken to me. It depends a bit on points cost, of course, but the presence of this spell (and at only a 6 to cast!) opens up alpha striking possibilities to a TON of units that couldn't realistically charge on the first turn before. 

Well I feel the exact opposite about him. Whatever unit you transport must be wholly within 3” and then you have to loose one of the models too. So I honestly can’t think of one unit it really make sense to put on the boat.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

Now just remember that the whole unit must be wholly within 3 of that model, and if the model is only as big as a Skullcrushers, it probably won’t be anything too harsh that’ll come rushing up the board.

8 minutes ago, MitGas said:

Not everyone has as devious spells as Skaven it seems ( very fitting, yes, yes! (sorry, couldn't help myself)) - well, the Shards are definitely something I'd like for my Tzeentch lis as well.

Nah it is true that the skaven have a few very strong spells, perfect in keeping the meta under control😂.

anyways the new endless spells do look interesting, although I’m not really sold on them (already have a thousand unpainted ones at home).

Edited by Skreech Verminking

1 minute ago, Sleboda said:

Are there any units out there that benefit the player (or at least hurt the foe) when slain?

For instance, if you had some squigs that would explode from failed battleshock, could you maybe use the Soulseeker to create a bomb?

SCE can actually save the slain model using the cycle of storm.

3 minutes ago, HammerOfSigmar said:

SCE can actually save the slain model using the cycle of storm.

That's cool, sure, but I mean actual benefits, not just avoiding the negative. I'm thinking of stuff like Hearthstone cards where when a thingie dies, you get a better thingie or damage your opponent.

3 minutes ago, Sleboda said:

That's cool, sure, but I mean actual benefits, not just avoiding the negative. I'm thinking of stuff like Hearthstone cards where when a thingie dies, you get a better thingie or damage your opponent.

Maybe Khorne have some cheap HQ so that Khorne player can sacrifice it immediately to get bloodtith.

27 minutes ago, Greasygeek said:

Well I feel the exact opposite about him. Whatever unit you transport must be wholly within 3” and then you have to loose one of the models too. So I honestly can’t think of one unit it really make sense to put on the boat.

Depending on the size of the model (it looks pretty big) it'll pretty easy to work around if you deploy your unit specifically to take a boat ride. 30 small bases should be viable.

Edited by Grimrock

@Skreech Verminking @Greasygeek I suppose a lot depends on how big the model is.  Here are some examples with a 105x70mm base:

58 25mm bases wholly within 3" (i'm sure 60 is doable)

Spoiler

6vICNEIyQZ-FiHk2uNqA4s2ra0u6FKskZTJQW9IOCa8JtS6NropzMUnHuIqKRTM_b6-YX_QdfqUqXnHgjtm64QDEM37GlBMbpRvXXUKxJf7YiYC8mxmCcZRYKJE2x6bbT-t1_07FuthVMf3UpjKUWXPZzJ-74OK6_rBekdnIanynMVV5jyk6YTsr0Wvdn4caxQo4gK1H6WTFwUGeCRsDSFYWFpFpcA8Tb_69NsgtV4j_p3-izvsp6rshJFXf464pO0FaC469mg23T1OASzWID_wqUVutGIi6BHh_6Ylnk4viDg913wia7r7w7b5u8xGYckcXwDV4j9OP8ziUdu3txa9Cipyyft7WT5q_34K26WDbIX1oRr0A8nXT7WNpQkhXQfaxdhduxVmqE9LZjhYf6Lx_SvZzT-e0J-E2K8c4ksDDk_s5mUORznFmDOQ75lNvkaT6G4cXFUfTN3YLg7RLLDzs7eSn3OQ1brhmrf4W87bNkuMNkTQHuYQYMIiVEFvVWjvPEsW0Ojr0jrPZ2PyP1jaezdZrodfL5r1O-kAz5QFwlLPPxmSs-YuXQZnYvmd0xhYCLcqMmC93ZEN12kCG6lKfuBW3BXJDYDfc5yQLyr3rh9q9py0OUo2JoftXM3sRluBStbra_5AiO6VcoC5c6Yc0VRZqRFU_=w727-h969-no

30 32mm bases wholly within 3"

Spoiler

5BUN2tvSSKt7UjLGviuGaIpc_ogT0TAI0T-G4b6SwUGT3S-KFOtu400N-okxfYMgwMb32WgecuwfVjWAkCSEi0O06M7o7rFIlgIbshoAuaIcN01My0tRcbmL_7058eAfCEUO_lyXCxlRmQC8QcHlQ8Y4v5xCack4OkrP5SmCI3e02Up8UjJA3mW3belgwzFl-DRQl8s41W0I9aBZLwfZ0DoV58d1VP3Cb-c26rbroLyLXn6aSEQ_KXTzS2NQ6tl2vZgFKvZRhHXolypJOHJGQeIGQC52Q6YQy1UF7rTB-AmgnHqjT74SuDrORM7h3Fu9i6sVvlOA05RC6kq994g0aNRNGk4VjuAaAQfeKLeV2o9_be9uQgVFRxewLs1a7J9kXBIu798k6rStyHNKteNkXdF65ty6rYT0OKyc_XFl_bbw4yoYa32AV2XomNUdAaRtrKks8kCg1K_N7_NwRKH5SMAYrreFpBsdlH4Y5PKulSHLacPcosuUsL-rfS8b4KHm_m0Ph9NTg9FzjPfGFCnVyO-gA5ZurGncuipkW2tP-_FyhkUPw4PkUdDz5vO9iQnSXVqylvEXa6paD18D5R0SAme2b8W_BJtTAGkyHdhw-bZlrjt4QFrXWfya8G8PDNSbQUl0by2CyGWKObvJIz-EDyfmL6NCLkvY=w1292-h970-no

15 40mm bases wholly within 3"

Spoiler

Kq8Z7mrHpLS4PYnDnkNu-uWB1PNM8rl4t-Bb3t7_pdCq9ViRXFjiA6bYfhdpsih9li0N3NRad0q2qvjvOPbwjqWxp1tBzvBDrhR6QYDeH58oud2b1qgGMF5JMY_y79HX7vsNHdfKxEUB5SxqmI2OHJt-wjoeH9UcG-6FUn6PmtREgVSM48pTPtbzQ6_GjmrEBrO3e8FFKYaSmx_ME-vE4v7wVzqAGlVjUDiG9-GOPHkmQTp14kxUTebflqfxydwrcoVRoHCBPyfgOXMtGPeMcKE2Q2ky42-Mx8oqixP21Md3yFi7v7vxCCFqum9msz-YTRvzIz1djh1xbFvdQdevsVGgOK3UcHFcafMVel9X-Bs2nz1PdCKu13xarvIlgKKaEf97oNoN3v2tbc15hqARMopgR1h2gd3aSlf1eyNIbeJSuPfXBAwqomQfeJoGMuYI_MjlkOWWC55HLwczvb9U1uNqIpZNlPwtdhpSXmaQIqye7HxaARv8SXJqSEQ4_CDA9_bT7AI5-iQras73eHphNsvALeXn14fjEa_Cumxphd7w8ei4xrkCH1fqA7AZjOeKL0RkZjwjEEBhEuDFa2uL3E3eRVn3iJnI_DPZnyQKz8l0eW45LF9i6HYVhF_-tv99C9HtfMIVz6bKtXr7HgiRDvESOBe0l_wT=w1292-h970-no

12 50mm bases wholly within 3" -- this one is a little dicey and might be off by a few mm, but 9 is EASILY doable.

Spoiler

3ExgFdeDnjZrFDV3DL-wzIBJBJohBaWFLZPZlM4faluOhGK1i1EG6EBkt2gzu-z0453tkMxCVKOPrRdHvHwHsAUo1zvqDNooLC4zpZ6N2sgCZ6Vxss0_HFgoxf9KjoypeXA_xaHWi6Em1CfhDy00GC2yU0ZM3lfPjek7TH6axziOZF4vlH0wPO4yK1jANj5dEjzpUCcDP3itLcD8pdouMWBcIF9YDHeZ6R1r3G7amoUtw8OVNtQwNVAG-t5aCJGSt_uYjBo8DCwbcNuJs-706W1uw-NzftQeI2rih56BmWCIosWeK1AVAJypU6IO4wFtENKNJJigvqtRzO8n_J7R65PzD-4xJYxPAcTRsHG6tTAMh-ipxy4CcgQfWmDiHP3MwyO7cnCx-wcUl67J_Me3sN6X_EPY2EgDSOyPCCWoEqUDdbxAj962974SkMGfZ_L40t9GXA2P-YAyJxqSHCsLRX2ZqFMxU7Ja4iTrxZ0j29lCWTPwAn9ixISDSpYawrTR6G5G0qgQF5BdYmUuLTW2aEgkHjLf-KNp770fPPGJ0BMhx7pARxrjani9UP9HdFHsLGX_olXrXNM1ZShZexNEJwI5apb4j_uQYCZ8bH9LRBF5f7EqoUqSJiUAES-UeWGYUgZESdXbdA_r4eoFPSzGzd-ZxzLBxmPr=w1292-h970-no

So that leaves open all kinds of possibilities -- things like Tzaangors, Bestigors, Tzaangor Enlightened, Stabbas, Plague Monks, Boingrots, Stormfiends, Bullgors, Witch Aelves, Blood Sisters... the lists goes on.

For some of these units you might balk at paying a model, but honestly that's a small price to pay to get a high offensive efficiency unit stuck in on turn 1. 

To me, something around 105x70 is the most likely base size. It could be a bit smaller (bloodcrusher size like you said) which would cut things down a bit. You'd still be able to roll with a big unit of Witch Elves, Plague Monks or other similar units, however. 

The base size could also easily be larger, which would allow nearly any unit to fit. 

EDIT: Looking at the pictures again I think bloodcrusher size is actually reasonably possible, and the fact that the boat stick out in the front past the edge of the base will cause problems as well.

Edited by swarmofseals
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, swarmofseals said:

@Skreech Verminking @Greasygeek I suppose a lot depends on how big the model is.  Here are some examples with a 105x70mm base:

58 25mm bases wholly within 3" (i'm sure 60 is doable)

Hide contents

6vICNEIyQZ-FiHk2uNqA4s2ra0u6FKskZTJQW9IOCa8JtS6NropzMUnHuIqKRTM_b6-YX_QdfqUqXnHgjtm64QDEM37GlBMbpRvXXUKxJf7YiYC8mxmCcZRYKJE2x6bbT-t1_07FuthVMf3UpjKUWXPZzJ-74OK6_rBekdnIanynMVV5jyk6YTsr0Wvdn4caxQo4gK1H6WTFwUGeCRsDSFYWFpFpcA8Tb_69NsgtV4j_p3-izvsp6rshJFXf464pO0FaC469mg23T1OASzWID_wqUVutGIi6BHh_6Ylnk4viDg913wia7r7w7b5u8xGYckcXwDV4j9OP8ziUdu3txa9Cipyyft7WT5q_34K26WDbIX1oRr0A8nXT7WNpQkhXQfaxdhduxVmqE9LZjhYf6Lx_SvZzT-e0J-E2K8c4ksDDk_s5mUORznFmDOQ75lNvkaT6G4cXFUfTN3YLg7RLLDzs7eSn3OQ1brhmrf4W87bNkuMNkTQHuYQYMIiVEFvVWjvPEsW0Ojr0jrPZ2PyP1jaezdZrodfL5r1O-kAz5QFwlLPPxmSs-YuXQZnYvmd0xhYCLcqMmC93ZEN12kCG6lKfuBW3BXJDYDfc5yQLyr3rh9q9py0OUo2JoftXM3sRluBStbra_5AiO6VcoC5c6Yc0VRZqRFU_=w727-h969-no

30 32mm bases wholly within 3"

Hide contents

5BUN2tvSSKt7UjLGviuGaIpc_ogT0TAI0T-G4b6SwUGT3S-KFOtu400N-okxfYMgwMb32WgecuwfVjWAkCSEi0O06M7o7rFIlgIbshoAuaIcN01My0tRcbmL_7058eAfCEUO_lyXCxlRmQC8QcHlQ8Y4v5xCack4OkrP5SmCI3e02Up8UjJA3mW3belgwzFl-DRQl8s41W0I9aBZLwfZ0DoV58d1VP3Cb-c26rbroLyLXn6aSEQ_KXTzS2NQ6tl2vZgFKvZRhHXolypJOHJGQeIGQC52Q6YQy1UF7rTB-AmgnHqjT74SuDrORM7h3Fu9i6sVvlOA05RC6kq994g0aNRNGk4VjuAaAQfeKLeV2o9_be9uQgVFRxewLs1a7J9kXBIu798k6rStyHNKteNkXdF65ty6rYT0OKyc_XFl_bbw4yoYa32AV2XomNUdAaRtrKks8kCg1K_N7_NwRKH5SMAYrreFpBsdlH4Y5PKulSHLacPcosuUsL-rfS8b4KHm_m0Ph9NTg9FzjPfGFCnVyO-gA5ZurGncuipkW2tP-_FyhkUPw4PkUdDz5vO9iQnSXVqylvEXa6paD18D5R0SAme2b8W_BJtTAGkyHdhw-bZlrjt4QFrXWfya8G8PDNSbQUl0by2CyGWKObvJIz-EDyfmL6NCLkvY=w1292-h970-no

15 40mm bases wholly within 3"

Hide contents

Kq8Z7mrHpLS4PYnDnkNu-uWB1PNM8rl4t-Bb3t7_pdCq9ViRXFjiA6bYfhdpsih9li0N3NRad0q2qvjvOPbwjqWxp1tBzvBDrhR6QYDeH58oud2b1qgGMF5JMY_y79HX7vsNHdfKxEUB5SxqmI2OHJt-wjoeH9UcG-6FUn6PmtREgVSM48pTPtbzQ6_GjmrEBrO3e8FFKYaSmx_ME-vE4v7wVzqAGlVjUDiG9-GOPHkmQTp14kxUTebflqfxydwrcoVRoHCBPyfgOXMtGPeMcKE2Q2ky42-Mx8oqixP21Md3yFi7v7vxCCFqum9msz-YTRvzIz1djh1xbFvdQdevsVGgOK3UcHFcafMVel9X-Bs2nz1PdCKu13xarvIlgKKaEf97oNoN3v2tbc15hqARMopgR1h2gd3aSlf1eyNIbeJSuPfXBAwqomQfeJoGMuYI_MjlkOWWC55HLwczvb9U1uNqIpZNlPwtdhpSXmaQIqye7HxaARv8SXJqSEQ4_CDA9_bT7AI5-iQras73eHphNsvALeXn14fjEa_Cumxphd7w8ei4xrkCH1fqA7AZjOeKL0RkZjwjEEBhEuDFa2uL3E3eRVn3iJnI_DPZnyQKz8l0eW45LF9i6HYVhF_-tv99C9HtfMIVz6bKtXr7HgiRDvESOBe0l_wT=w1292-h970-no

12 50mm bases wholly within 3" -- this one is a little dicey and might be off by a few mm, but 9 is EASILY doable.

Hide contents

3ExgFdeDnjZrFDV3DL-wzIBJBJohBaWFLZPZlM4faluOhGK1i1EG6EBkt2gzu-z0453tkMxCVKOPrRdHvHwHsAUo1zvqDNooLC4zpZ6N2sgCZ6Vxss0_HFgoxf9KjoypeXA_xaHWi6Em1CfhDy00GC2yU0ZM3lfPjek7TH6axziOZF4vlH0wPO4yK1jANj5dEjzpUCcDP3itLcD8pdouMWBcIF9YDHeZ6R1r3G7amoUtw8OVNtQwNVAG-t5aCJGSt_uYjBo8DCwbcNuJs-706W1uw-NzftQeI2rih56BmWCIosWeK1AVAJypU6IO4wFtENKNJJigvqtRzO8n_J7R65PzD-4xJYxPAcTRsHG6tTAMh-ipxy4CcgQfWmDiHP3MwyO7cnCx-wcUl67J_Me3sN6X_EPY2EgDSOyPCCWoEqUDdbxAj962974SkMGfZ_L40t9GXA2P-YAyJxqSHCsLRX2ZqFMxU7Ja4iTrxZ0j29lCWTPwAn9ixISDSpYawrTR6G5G0qgQF5BdYmUuLTW2aEgkHjLf-KNp770fPPGJ0BMhx7pARxrjani9UP9HdFHsLGX_olXrXNM1ZShZexNEJwI5apb4j_uQYCZ8bH9LRBF5f7EqoUqSJiUAES-UeWGYUgZESdXbdA_r4eoFPSzGzd-ZxzLBxmPr=w1292-h970-no

So that leaves open all kinds of possibilities -- things like Tzaangors, Bestigors, Tzaangor Enlightened, Stabbas, Plague Monks, Boingrots, Stormfiends, Bullgors, Witch Aelves, Blood Sisters... the lists goes on.

For some of these units you might balk at paying a model, but honestly that's a small price to pay to get a high offensive efficiency unit stuck in on turn 1. 

To me, something around 105x70 is the most likely base size. It could be a bit smaller (bloodcrusher size like you said) which would cut things down a bit. You'd still be able to roll with a big unit of Witch Elves, Plague Monks or other similar units, however. 

The base size could also easily be larger, which would allow nearly any unit to fit. 

the thing is that you would have to deploy your models beforehand in this odd formation 

Thing is moving 12 inches with no threat of spells or archers hitting your units is worth losing one model; esp when the unit is something which only has one wound. It's the kind of spell you use with a unit that has a fair amount of chaff built into it. So sure you're not likely to move those 5 stormcast using it, but those 30 witches or skaven clan rats? Yeah you can lose one from either unit and the rest of the unit is still pretty much at full power. 

The one I think will be the most fun is the little pyramids. It's a neat effect and the ability to move either end once per turn based on player is going to be interesting to see how people put them into safe and dangerous spots for their enemy and themselves. 

I also like that the spells are all buff/movement/debuff type spells. They aren't just delivering damage, they are messing with the battlefield. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Overread said:

The one I think will be the most fun is the little pyramids. It's a neat effect and the ability to move either end once per turn based on player is going to be interesting to see how people put them into safe and dangerous spots for their enemy and themselves. 

I also like that the spells are all buff/movement/debuff type spells. They aren't just delivering damage, they are messing with the battlefield. 

Yeah, that's what sold me on buying the box. I'm going to have to sell some stuff...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ElectricPaladin said:

I don't think Warcry is AoS kill team. It's already been made clear that it is a very specific setting and point in history. I think it's more likely that we see rules for assembling games for other factions so you can still play Warcry even if you don't want to collect Chaos, but they won't truly be part of the game.

Let's review the facts:
1. Kill team was super successful. e.g. it made them a lot of money. They are a public company that must focus on making money. 
2. People have been asking for AoS kill team for a year
3. The box set, which I think is what the leaked picture from the 'eavy metal seminar was,  contains a cardboard mat the same size as kill team, about as much terrain as kill team, and a couple of warbands. Even if the picture does not represent the exact contents of the starter set, I suspect it is close. 
4. The adepticon preview, available on the community site, states: 

But what if you’re unshakably loyal to Sigmar, Nagash or the sheer raw power of Destruction? Well, good news – at launch, 9 non-Chaos factions will be available to play with rules of their own. See if you can guess just what they are…

And even shows the symbols for the factions. 9 non-chaos factions at launch covers a lot, but the wording suggests it will expand. 

So, based on all that it seems, to me, that Warcry is in fact "AoS Kill Team". 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hmm would it though?

Cycle of the Storm

Once per turn, when a friendly Stormcast Eternal model is slain within 18" of this model, instead of removing the slain model, you can heal 1 wound that has been allocated to it.

The model slain by a boat is outright "slain". It has no wounds allocated to it to recover. The spell specifically states healing a wound which has been allocated to the model, so with no allocation there's no healing. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Overread said:

Hmm would it though?

Cycle of the Storm

Once per turn, when a friendly Stormcast Eternal model is slain within 18" of this model, instead of removing the slain model, you can heal 1 wound that has been allocated to it.

The model slain by a boat is outright "slain". It has no wounds allocated to it to recover. The spell specifically states healing a wound which has been allocated to the model, so with no allocation there's no healing. 

I don't think there is a problem here, outright slain has no wound allocated, but it is still the same as allocated wounds and slain the model, this ability prevent the slain model from being removed, so I can get the slain model back. Since there is no wounds allocated, the revived model should be in full health.

Edited by HammerOfSigmar

1 minute ago, WoollyMammoth said:

I've heard rumors of things:
- Duradin "Harvest Queen"
- New legion of Nagash; "legion of despair".

Anyone know what this is about?

Source/context?

EDIT: Legion of Despair could conceivably be a translation issue for "Legion of Grief"

Edited by swarmofseals