Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

6 hours ago, Minis by Night said:

• There more "new rules". They're mentioned in the Battle report, but the only new rules that are clear, apart from they custom Battle plan they used, are rules for neutral monsters (Wild Troggoths in this case) who attack both players. 

Interesting. That sounds like a way to tone down the realm rules of Ghur, which at the moment is rather extreme (and expensive).

• Like 1

It’s been an absolute blast today at the Australian Championship Finals!

Come down at 6:30pm to check out the very first Australia Warhammer Preview with Warhammer Community’s Dom Murray!

if I'm not mistaken it's in an hour and a half

44 minutes ago, Dirtnaps said:

Probably got another couple of hours to wait, it's only 4:30pm here at the time of posting this. My guess is it actually will be the paint though.

Whatever 'contrast' is, its being revealed at warhammer fest on the 11th May

im hoping they showcase some unseen warcry warbands

1 hour ago, Boytoy said:

im hoping they showcase some unseen warcry warbands

That’s what I’d like to see too. Or at least a full reveal of the starter set contents.

Untamed Beasts... Wow. They look perfect. Warcry is going to be a huge deal. Thought it was an interlude but I already see how good it can become. 

Scenery is great as well. When am I going to paint all that stuff?? 

• Like 1

Nice! I like the temple much better in a circle and the Warcry stuff is looking good.

Wow, Untamed Beasts is everything I was looking for. Can’t wait to see the other warbands.

• Like 2

1891172448_Bildschirmfoto2019-05-04um11_25_24.png.d0575bf5289479382d926d78ac3c6b3c.png

Looks like Forbidden Powers will introduce a mercenary system! Fitting for Fyreslayers, but the question is, who will join them? Will every faction be available as mercenaries or only specific armies? 

• Like 1

If you look carefully the background,  are they the new trees?

SylvanethRange-2019_05_04-LPMulticol-All

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

If you look carefully the background,  are they the new trees?

SylvanethRange-2019_05_04-LPMulticol-All

Good catch, didn't even notice that. They look way more functional than the current woods if that is what's replacing them.

Edited by Dirtnaps

5 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

1891172448_Bildschirmfoto2019-05-04um11_25_24.png.d0575bf5289479382d926d78ac3c6b3c.png

Looks like Forbidden Powers will introduce a mercenary system! Fitting for Fyreslayers, but the question is, who will join them? Will every faction be available as mercenaries or only specific armies? 

I don't understand that. Will Fyreslayers be as mercenaries??? Will every army able to have mercenaries?? from differente factions or aliances?????

This image may contain something in the background.

ChampionshipStoreSeminar-May4-CelestantP

Mercenaries sounds - risky balance wise. 

Grant alliances already allow you to take LOADS of allies within each alliance for most armies. Opening it up to all factions sounds like a risky thing, getting back to those earlier days of AoS when it was a motley. Then again GW has been good with keeping a lid on souping within AoS thus far. It might also be that the mercenaries is built into Forbidden Powers as a feature of that campaign rather than an outright addition to Matched Play systems as a default component. 

Though if its like Malign Sorcery I'm sure GW's intention is for it to be a default option - ergo its optional but most places use it. It's worked well enough that Endless Spells are now pretty much accepted most places. 

I guess my concern is that if players want to run double armies form any alliance they can at any point do that in casual play. Even Tournaments have doubles games where you can take any two armies and the like. So part of me just doesn't see the "need" to force this feature as a possibility into every single game. Esp as it can mess very heavily with the balance. 

Will have to wait and see

Otherwise fantastic news! The new lion beasty looks outstanding and the new tribe very chaos and wild. Sounds like GW is going to tease those Tribes at us for a while until Warcry comes out. The new terrain for AoS also looks fantastic and its great to see GW pushing forward there after all the great terrain they've been releasing for 40K. This year is certainly a powerful year for AoS!

The 40K news is good too - a transport and new model for a faction that needs one; and the new Chaos Knight kit should prove very popular (and weakens my resolve once more with all the great techno-monster-beasts they are doing for Chaos)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

I don't understand that. Will Fyreslayers be as mercenaries??? Will every army able to have mercenaries?? from differente factions or aliances?????

Is it just me or does it sound like, we might be getting our Ogors back as mercenaries🤨🤔

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

If mercenaries eat into your Allies points, I don't think it will be too bad.

I do hope it's restricted to certain Battletomes though, rather than "take any GA and count them as mercenaries." Fyreslayers or Ogres would be fine, since there's a precedent for that, but not so much Stormcast taking pennies to help Chaos.

Edited by Clan's Cynic

2 minutes ago, Overread said:

The 40K news is good too - a transport and new model for a faction that needs one; and the new Chaos Knight kit should prove very popular (and weakens my resolve once more with all the great techno-monster-beasts they are doing for Chaos)

Yep Well good thing I just sold my eldar collection.

2 minutes ago, Clan's Cynic said:

If mercenaries eat into your Allies points, I don't think it will be too bad.

I do hope it's restricted to certain Battletomes though, rather than "take any GA and count them as mercenaries." Fyreslayers or Ogres would be fine, since there's a precedent for that, but not so much Stormcast taking pennies to help Chaos.

Why not skaven working with Dwarfs or even Stormcast sounds hilarious😂.

(But please don’t let it happen!!)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Skreech Verminking said:

Yep Well good thing I just sold my eldar collection.

I would probably totally cave to Eldar if GW redoes them in a very classic style true to their old artwork - ergo lots of elaborate alien looking helms and sleek and "alien" rather than the more plain stuff they've had more recently. 

Fans - WE want Chaos Dwarves

GW - NO!

GW - NO!

GW - NO! NO NO NO Ok FINE tell you what we'll let you take lava dwarves as allies for your Chaos army.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • LOVE IT! 1

Man the terrain looks cool.

I can't wait to put nurgle symbols all over it.

Also all those warbands will look great in green.

Also looking forward to the chaos knight kit (or kits?). I don't know if it just needs an upgrade sprue in each box of the imp knights or not. I guess painting a few big mechy boys will let me use my demons from aos as soup with them in a 40k army.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Hoseman said:

Lore wise it makes sense for Fyreslayers to be mercenaries for any faction, I could see some of the other factions working too but definitely not all of them. If they go with at least one faction from each grand alliance I could see them being something like Fyreslayers for Order, Skaven for Chaos and Ironjawz or Gutbusters/Beastclaw Raiders for Destruction, no idea what they could do for Death though, maybe Flesh-Eaters.

12 minutes ago, xking said:

This image may contain something in the background.

ChampionshipStoreSeminar-May4-CelestantP

There's definitely a smiling face with three eyes and an arm coming out of some kind of portal back there. What that is I have no idea though, there is mention of a smiling/laughing minor chaos god in the Shadespire novel but I don't really think it has anything to do with that unless they're bringing Shadespire back into the realms. 

Edited by Dirtnaps